The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I saw such an effect in Super Metroid and had to try creating one myself, y'see
  • the know-nothings of the 21st century
    are much like the know-nothings of past centuries
  • edited 2014-03-16 00:11:50

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

the know-nothings of the 21st century

have 74℅ less absorbancy than the know-nothing's of the Eight century and 85.35352% less structural integrity than the know nothing's of the tenth century.
    Gaussian blur
  • Degaussian blur
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
  • I find it utterly astounding that there are people in this world who would call a transman privileged.
  • unless you are literally the little match girl you are privileged cis scum
  • is the little match girl white?
  • Oddly enough, the only times I've seen that said are on the about pages of transmen, who proclaim they have "dfab privilege."

Like no dude being constantly ignored and dismissed in favor of transwomen isn't privilege.
  • Tre said:

is the little match girl white?

yes

but she is dying of hypothermia in the city streets on christmas eve, having hallucinations about her kindly deceased grandmother, the only person to have not abused her
    privilidge

pirivelledge
  • Kexruct said:

Oddly enough, the only times I've seen that said are on the about pages of transmen, who proclaim they have "dfab privilege."

Like no dude being constantly ignored and dismissed in favor of transwomen isn't privilege.
    What the hell is "dfab privilege"?

• Designated Female At Birth privilege, although what I meant was "dfab trans privilege."

Basically they're saying that if you're trans and were assigned female at birth you're privileged. Which is dumb.
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.

Tre said:

is the little match girl white?

yes

but she is dying of hypothermia in the city streets on christmas eve, having hallucinations about her kindly deceased grandmother, the only person to have not abused her
    still needs to check her privilege tbh
  • Kexruct said:

Designated Female At Birth privilege, although what I meant was "dfab trans privilege."

Basically they're saying that if you're trans and were assigned female at birth you're privileged. Which is dumb.
    Ah.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    just about everyone has privilege to a greater or lesser extent, but if the suggestion is that being dfab makes you automatically privileged over dmab individuals that's very silly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I follow one particular disabled transgendered dude on Tumblr who regularly gets accusations of being transphobic and ableist. Thankfully he's, well, a grown-up, and manages to take internet silliness in stride, so if anything it just ends up kind of amusing.

(Ponicalica knows who I'm talking about)

This is amazing and you need it in your lives.
  • a 7000 dollar suit
    the internet
    Squidward and Mr. Krabs are fortunate his spelling is so dodgy
    came back to earth as a jpeg artifact
  • The birthday party is done, I was loyal to King Arthur and teamed up with Merlin.

So that was nice, Then I destroyed an entire tree and threw Ice cubes at a dog.

I saved a piece of cake after my sister's boyfriend sang "I will survive"
    Sounds like you had a good time
  • kill living beings
    i'm afraid
    man y'know I really like the Norfair theme from the first Metroid but there are almost no remixes of it

• Sounds like you had a good time

~bites off your hand~
  • edited 2014-03-16 02:07:53
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    everything went dark

^ow not again
  • HEAPERS HANGOUT HAS BECOME A 90S SCREENSAVER SEND HELP
    now the forum's condition is terminal
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why, I have no idea what you two are talking about. I'm ever so certain this is just the standard Vanilla Poppy theme!
  • edited 2014-03-16 02:09:08
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    and we're back to poppy

ninja'd
    I kinda liked the dark

or did the dark like me
  • the dark returns october 19th
  • It's the Vanilla vanilla theme.

Get it, I said vanilla twice.

also the cake was chocolate,  and my sister paid to have me removed from my political office, I almost assassinated her.
  • immortalized:

(2:14:30 AM) CentralAve: I have long wanted to provide themes as a user preference
    (2:14:37 AM) CentralAve: But I don't know how hard that would be to implement
    (2:15:33 AM) Cultist: probably just Put Some CSS Here
    (2:15:46 AM) ponicalica: probably some incomprehensible vanilla plugin for it
  • kill living beings
    What
  • edited 2014-03-16 02:25:03
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I did a quick search on "dfab privilege" and it's basically "most of the hate is directed at trans women and I don't face the same danger, difficulty, or opposition that trans women face." And... I think it's true. -_- Not that I am trying to be a martyr or anything; in fact, I am thoroughly disgusted with how trans women get treated and I wish fervently that people would grow a fucking brain.

And once again, FUCK the gender system. Gender is natural (as is not having one), but society twists it into an ugly, perverse monster.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Also Miko was intoxicated this evening (excuse-making) and good night.
  • Miko said:

I did a quick search on "dfab privilege" and it's basically "most of the hate is directed at trans women and I don't face the same danger, difficulty, or opposition that trans women face." And... I think it's true. -_- 

it may not be the same, but it's definitely in the same ballpark
    Miko said:

FUCK the gender system.

amen to that

to the rest: i think that is true, but at the same time, trans men are also subject to hatred; they also tend to get marginalized in debates and ignored altogether (in much the same way that butch lesbians do) and of course they face the same sexist discrimination that cis women receive from birth, at least prior to transitioning
    good night, Miko
  • kill living beings
    you know sometimes flies have like a dozen x chromosmoes,
    i didn't know that