The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Teenagers are like 1,000x worse than children in general because they have been brainwashed already by authority and each other but they don't have enough experience to realize that the universe does not revolve around them and that other people have feelings too. Of course, some children are horrific and so are many adults. Children deserve love and any child can become a good person. A shitty adult is just another cancer cell sucking this world's vitality dry, and it's usually too late for them to change. I think that children are smarter than adults, in general. Children ask questions. Adults silence them.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Asking questions is important.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think that if adults actually allowed children to get honest answers to their questions, they wouldn't grow up ignorant and stupid and mean.
    Either that or they'd get really disillusioned really quick and then get depressed
  • Miko said:

I think that if adults actually allowed children to get honest answers to their questions, they wouldn't grow up ignorant and stupid and mean.

It's a sad cycle isn't it? Those adults were probably just curious children as well, until they got silenced.
  • in the end the only easy answer is that there are no easy answers
  • Also, there's this kind of mindset that celebrates victimhood, for lack of a better term, where it's like "I have suffered, so I know what it feels like and I won't do that to another person"

And it's occurred to me, that's actually not true, there's a whole philosophical saying that relies on being hurtful in much the same way you were hurt "Eye for an Eye".

You are not a better person for having suffered, and good people can be good people without having to suffer.

If you are a good person, it is because you are a good person, not because you needed to "learn" anything through pain and suffering.
    "Mommy why can't I play with my sister's dolls?"
    "Because you're a boy and dolls are for girls." (Translation: Learn your place. You and your sister are not equal.)

"Mommy why do boys have to date girls?"
    "Because they were made to be together." (Translation: Learn your role and fulfill it, otherwise your love isn't real.)

"Mommy how are babies made?"
    "You'll find out when you're older." (Translation: Being an adult means sex and it's a shameful subject.)

"Mommy why are there wars?"
    "Because there are bad people in the world." (Translation: When humans have disagreements, they send their subordinates to kill and die in their name.)
  • "i didn't think they would go as far as the escarpment"

the S Carp Min-t!
    the S Carp Min-t!
    the S Carp Min-t!
    the S Carp Min-t!
    [http://vocaroo.com/i/s16ZCAr4rb7H]

DS Carp Apartment

• > (Translation: Being an adult means sex and it's a shameful subject.)

well, to be fair, the notion of romance and sexual contact is sort of a distracting subject for a lot of people when they're trying to do something else that's unrelated

ideally, they would be able to ignore horndog thoughts but noooo
  • If you are legitimately distracted by your libido, to where you cannot do other things, you have a problem and should seek medical help.
    In my opinion many adults are perverted precisely because of an environment that teaches them that being able to know about sex and have sexual release is an adult privilege, or even a signifier of adulthood. It goes further: you're not a "real man" until you've "gotten laid."
  • edited 2014-03-12 01:11:29
    lal lel lil lol lul lyl

laal lael lahl lail lall laol larl laul lawl layl
    leal leel lehl leil lell leol lerl leul lewl leyl
    lial liel lihl liil lill liol lirl liul liwl liyl
    loal loel lohl loil loll lool lorl loul lowl loyl
    lual luel luhl luil lull luol lurl luul luwl luyl
    lyal lyel lyhl lyil lyll lyol lyrl lyul lywl lyyl

(edit: this post is unrelated to the conversation and is not intended as mockery of anyone's posts)

this is still my favorite still from Kill la Kill.
  • Miko said:

In my opinion many adults are perverted precisely because of an environment that teaches them that being able to know about sex and have sexual release is an adult privilege, or even a signifier of adulthood. It goes further: you're not a "real man" until you've "gotten laid."

The idea of "perversion" is kind of messed up in its own right.

Clearly there are some things that are unjustifiable to do just because you get off to them, but the list is much smaller than people think it is.
    The protagonist of Kill la Kill looks so much like Kijin Seija from Touhou 14 that I find it difficult to tell them apart.
    By "perverted" what I meant was the kind of thing where every second of every day has to be devoted to soliciting sex, bragging about it, or gossiping about it.
  • someone should start a thread called "this thread contains pontillism" and post some pointillist works of Anton Webern
  • Seija has horns and more than one streak of red hair (Ryuko has only the one).
    ok :)
  • Miko said:

By "perverted" what I meant was the kind of thing where every second of every day has to be devoted to soliciting sex, bragging about it, or gossiping about it.

I don't think many people are actually like that. The Victorian stance on sex that is somehow still our cultural norm, however, says that everyone is, which is why, they conclude, sexual desires must be spotted and countered at every turn.
    If you throttle a stream, it just builds up until it's overflowing.
  • This thread cons' tain.

"Tain: Oh my gosh, My money has been taken in a con"
  • laal lael lahl lail lall laol larl laul lawl layl
    leal leel lehl leil lell leol lerl leul lewl leyl
    lial liel lihl liil lill liol lirl liul liwl liyl
    loal loel lohl loil loll lool lorl loul lowl loyl
    lual luel luhl luil lull luol lurl luul luwl luyl
    lyal lyel lyhl lyil lyll lyol lyrl lyul lywl lyyl

this forms a matrix of 6 rows and 10 columns

within which very basic pixel art can be drawn

such as letters of the alphabet

so then you can just pick out the entries that correspond to the pixels used

bam, images coded as text

you can use this for two things:

1. puzzles

2. sending secret messages or even transmitting B&W pictures split into 6x10 pieces

this is what anime cons are

they suck my money and time but are never as exciting/interesting as i would hope they would be
  • PROMOTIONAL COPY. NOT FOR SALE
    dead trees

this is what anime cons are

they suck my money and time but are never as exciting/interesting as i would hope they would be
    I've only ever been to one anime con. Wasn't my thing.
  • Did you know: Daylight's Saving is just 1800s farmers min maxing daylight to make more foods?

• Did you know: Daylight's Saving is just 1800s farmers min maxing daylight to make more foods?

You should have a twitter account that posts things like this.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Introducing the newest letter of the alphabet: JABBERWOCK
  • yet i've gone to four anime cons and i'm still going

why am i doing this
    I was at one anime con

I got bored after about an hour
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

whatever happened to Zestpoole

assignments happened

sorry, though.  i do feel bad about not updating more regularly.

if things go to plan i should be able to update on the weekend
  • edited 2014-03-12 03:05:07
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Miko said:

I don't think many people are actually like that. The Victorian stance on sex that is somehow still our cultural norm, however, says that everyone is, which is why, they conclude, sexual desires must be spotted and countered at every turn.
    i dunno, i feel that there's a culture that obsesses over sex

certainly most straight guys i know talk about sex more often than i'm totally comfortable with

i mean i could just be a prude, but to me it seems kind of rowdy and maybe slightly threatening, like they're trying to compete all the time, like the number of girls they've had sex with is supposed to be an achievement

and i definitely think we live in a culture where sexual harrassment is worryingly commonplace

again, mostly by straight guys, for reasons which i think are cultural
  • Success in media observed to have a correlation with 'how easily can teenagers make OCs of this stuff?'

hahahahaha

you fool

you can make OC's in anything.

any

thing

with ease, provided your teenagerdom level is moderate to high.
  • THESE TWO EYES HAVE SEEN NEW TESTAMENT FANFICTION DO NOT TEST ME YOUNG ONE
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    For those wondering what became of ABC Inc once I left and Alice Henderson assumed my Overseer post: Henderson owns 100% of the company, gained it in a money-less transaction, and it is now completely separate from Capital Cities Industries. Or should I say, Utilis Industries.
    so Julie Burchill's been saying crass things about transgender women again and i don't understand why this woman was ever taken seriously

preaching to the choir, i know but
  • edited 2014-03-12 06:44:46
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i considered writing a long post about this on tumblr but it wouldn't be anything new to anyone there

i just

Burchill's a woman, i'm not

but i was brought up to believe the goal of feminism was equality for all women, no matter what skin colour or sexuality or body shape or whatever

this shouldn't be a radical notion, should it?
    that should have gone in the Tachyon personally rambles thread

here's a puppy to make up for it

Tachyon said:

so Julie Burchill's been saying crass things about transgender women again and i don't understand why this woman was ever taken seriously

preaching to the choir, i know but

fuck dat bitch and her couch too
    yea

tbh i regret getting worked up about that because she's just hateful and her vapid opinions don't deserve anyone's attention

on a much more interesting note

I was going to type a giant post to commemorate my 300th UFO Lunatic failure that would have detailed my extremely precise methods for not dying and maximizing life pieces, but it would take way too long to type out and wow it's kind of scary how much I remember about these games and that I can pretty much play through all of them in my head purely from memory.
    Tomorrow, I am going to get rejected for hormones again. I am still attending, though, because there may be an extremely slight and remote possibility that mayyyybe, somehow, there exists a miniscule chance that *maybe,* just *maybe,* the psychiatrist will *consider* approving me for hormones.

Actually that's not true it's like a 0% chance but I am still going because my therapist and my gf said to.