The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My internet decided to blow out for awhile, fun times.

woohoo
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    trees
  • on the plus side I got a nice song done.

I'm getting into Roky Erickson a little bit. Not what I usually listen to but I like his voice.
    thomas pynchon likes roky erickson
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am not particularly familiar with Erickson's solo stuff, but The 13th Floor Elevators are pretty nice.
    Also, Bongwater covered at least one song of his, and I am disproportionately fond of Bongwater.
  • I sampled "I Walked With A Zombie". Eez gewd song.
    Bongwater...I should give this band a listen
    Bongwater were a band formed by the guitarist from Butthole Surfers with a B-list actress/performance artist. They did a cover of "Dazed and Confused" in Mandarin and made tracks based around dream monologues about David Bowie and Iranian country clubs. They dissolved after Kramer (guitarist/producer) and Magnusson (frontwoman) sued each other into the ground after pissing their money away on drugs and who-knows-what.

I love them so.
    that sounds like quite a story
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • so my professor got back to me about me not being able to get into my math assignments. She basically just told me to try a different browser. I did (Chrome) and it didn't work there either.

I don't know what to do, and the best part is that this is literally not my fault at all. You can argue I should've done this sooner or whatever but this is entirely the system fucking up, I have no input here whatsoever.
  • so my professor got back to me about me not being able to get into my math assignments. She basically just told me to try a different browser. I did (Chrome) and it didn't work there either.

I don't know what to do, and the best part is that this is literally not my fault at all. You can argue I should've done this sooner or whatever but this is entirely the system fucking up, I have no input here whatsoever.

How many and what browsers have you tried? (Just curious)

What's specifically is happening when you try to access them?

Firefox and Chrome, which are the two I've been repeatedly told to use when accessing this program.

When I try to access them it says it's an invalid username/password combination, but my professor said she can get into my account fine, so I haven't just forgotten my password.

What's worse is that I have two accounts on this site, so when I try to recover my password information, it sends me the information for the other account.
  • If I don't get this done I'm going to flunk the course, and I can't get it done, so I guess I'm going to flunk the course.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Firefox and Chrome, which are the two I've been repeatedly told to use when accessing this program.

When I try to access them it says it's an invalid username/password combination, but my professor said she can get into my account fine, so I haven't just forgotten my password.

What's worse is that I have two accounts on this site, so when I try to recover my password information, it sends me the information for the other account.
    Do you remember your password or did you need to retrieve it?

If your professor has your password information, can't you ask them?
  • Also,

Do you remember your password or did you need to retrieve it?

If your professor has your password information, can't you ask them?
    I am putting in the correct username and password, I even checked with my professor. It's telling me that it's not the correct username and password.

I've given up. I don't even know why I went to college, I'm just making an idiot of myself here.
  • I don't know how to do anything properly and am somehow a person who spends all their time on a computer but doesn't actually know how to use a computer.
  • You know what kid's book I liked? The Stinky Cheese Man

I didn't read it until I was, like, 17 but that didn't stop me from liking it

Remember back when I got two Junie B. Books when I was 17 and read them in public and got called out for it? That was fun.

---

Met a couple of people I knew from my hall last year on the street. Looked like they were going to a fancy shindig. I did too, because I was just coming back from church, but they were party-fancy while I was professional-fancy. That's what the vest-suit with a pinstripe shirt does to you. 

Might have tagged along with them, but I'm dirt-poor right now and they were probably going to a place where you have to pay for things with money. And I'm not about that life right now. Glad to see some of us are still in touch.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Who would "call someone out" for reading a book? >:|
    You're never too old to read a children's book...once in a while.
    Miko said:

Who would "call someone out" for reading a book? >:|

I dunno, I've had people look at me kinda funny when I said I liked to read

Like it's some kind of absurd archaic hobby nobody does anymore
  • Imi is not like the other girls.
    Indeed.

• I was called out for reading a children's book.

It is the second-most annoying experience that I've had concerning people's opinions of my hobbies, the first involving Watership Down.

You mention that it's about rabbits and everyone loses their frigging minds.
  • edited 2013-09-07 20:26:24
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Fuck you forum for not liking my ASCII
  • Bongwater were a band formed by the guitarist from Butthole Surfers with a B-list actress/performance artist. They did a cover of "Dazed and Confused" in Mandarin and made tracks based around dream monologues about David Bowie and Iranian country clubs.

......I definitely have to give these guys a listen.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    k.o. tell me about your relationship with Patchouli. :)
    Miko said:

k.o. tell me about your relationship with Patchouli. :)

I admire her as an archetype and perhaps, in some strange way, wouldn't mind being her.

That is all.
  • Patchy Knowledge speaking with Lil Ugly Mane's voice.
  • edited 2013-09-07 20:32:26
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ I think you have things in common with her. *hug*
    Which fictional character do you wanna be
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,, I wanna beeeeeeeee.............................. Marisa! Definitely Marisa.
    you gonna steal my books
  • I somehow never fail to forget that avatars are aligned differently relative to the post here than they are on TVTropes, despite having been absent from TVT for almost two years now.
  • Miko said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,, I wanna beeeeeeeee.............................. Marisa! Definitely Marisa.

Marisa is a good choice as far as Touhou characters go.

I would be Yukari.

you gonna steal my books

No way!! Just borrowing. :)
    ok then
    guess I'll go see if I can finish Mega Man 2
    You can do it k.o.!!!!! :D And I will offer my sagely advice wherever desired. :3 One time I almost beated it without dying but I made a very silly mistake on Wood Man near the end so I used a life. ^_^
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Isn't it Roar? Regardless, I'm glad to hear that.
  • I like some musics. :3
    what's the best way to kill that dragon thing in Dr. Wily stage 1
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

what's the best way to kill that dragon thing in Dr. Wily stage 1

ask it politely to die