The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yay, you're finally getting your glasses! :D

They'll look cute on you.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • unfortunately, my number one pick were women's frames and i do not think i could have sold my father on them...
  • unfortunately, my number one pick were women's frames and i do not think i could have sold my father on them...
    aww, that sucks.

I deliberately went with some "gender-neutral" glasses for my current pair, because...you know...
  • they were very nice ones, matte black metal, subtle cat eye shape, they looked rather nice on me.
    aww
  • The sadness will last forever.
    mmm coca cola
    pulling fake statistics from my hat 
    *writes something on a piece of paper*

i need my blankie because i am sleepy
    superbus
  • Mother did something that made me angry. What else is new.
    hello society

whats new

same old huh

oh
  • I'm not fond of the intelligent movie/stupid movie dichotomy. I much prefer good movie/bad movie.
    deathzoned
    cookie bank
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I prefer neither dichotomy, since those types of critiques never give any room for what goes on in-between, and it's a pretty lazy way of looking at movies anyway. Even the "bad" stuff, before you start accounting for subjective tastes, have their own little nuances; and once you start getting into an trying to argue what you see, it gets even better.
    magic pastels
  • I'm tired and upset.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I'm diggin' the chef waiterman texts.

SPEAKING of creative works.

I wrote a thing...or two things rather.
  • edited 2013-09-06 19:47:47
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, what's up with all these historians acting like all of England's royalty that died-without-having-any-children must have been homosexual.  I seriously can't see Eadward the Confessor as homosexual, and Richard I was an incorrigible womanizer (and really, of all the things Richard's enemies said about him; they never accused him of being attracted to men (NOTE:  their homophobia/biphobia does necessarily not reflect my views)).  Also, really, Henry Benedict Stuart?

I don't have a problem with a king of England being homosexual; but when
    your only evidence is that he had no children; that's kind of lame.

Also, it's another annoying reminder of how the world likes to forget that aces exist.
  • edited 2013-09-06 20:12:13
    (2015 self)
    Fillip, mendacious, promulgate, palliated, paucity, amercement, specious, lassitude, trenchant, nugatory, casuistry, prolixity.
  • edited 2013-09-06 20:24:59
    (2015 self)
    Those are all words, as are

exegesis, inchoate, intestate, contumely, wastrel, indemnity, flummox, preponderous, vacillate, colloquy, allay, collusion, execration, diapason, largesse, pilloried, modality, mulct, plenipotentiary, olio, palliasse, contretemps, poliorcetics, vitiate, bivouac, otiose, peripatetic, adumbrating, cyclothymia, and appanage.
  • I like those words.
    top gun the game is more boring than the movie

no kenny loggins :(
  • edited 2013-09-06 20:15:05
    The sadness will last forever.
    i will say the word stupid and the like to describe what is no good. live with it.
    making more monies 4 hard drives

hard drives are gods
    8 bit-kids
    myspace era
  • edited 2013-09-06 20:26:25
    (2015 self)
    Scurrilous triumphalism peremptorily lubricious farrago consternation concordat purlieus pusillanimous pernicious harangue imprecation supinely sagacity suzerain enervating adubment seduously rondeau triolet aubade poursuivants jongleurs maelstrom misfeasance malfeasance nonfeasance

All words.

All of the vocabulary words I posted, from "fillip" to "nonfeasance" are in Frank McLynn's Richard and John kings at war.

And also many more great words.
    Take a ride on the Princess's private royal train
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Richard I was an incorrigible womanizer (and really, of all the things Richard's enemies said about him; they never accused him of being attracted to men (NOTE:  their homophobia/biphobia does necessarily not reflect my views)).

There are plenty of indications that Richard II was quite fond of both sexes, albeit quieter about being interested in men for obvious reasons. And yes, his opponents (and some of his allies) made plenty of allusions to this.

I do agree, however, that not having children does not mean that they were homosexual. But nor does having children mean that one was not interested in the same sex.
    playing super mario 64

its been so long
    someday im gonna buy a gamepad for my computer
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "nugatory" was one of my favorite words when I was 10.
    Hi Imi

How goes the everything
  • i have so much math homework to get done before monday

so

much

math

homework
    It was a long day, rather tiring, I'm glad it's over.
  • in my EU4 game, the king of France has "FitzGerald" as a last name (presumably transliterated into french as something like "de Geraud", but still). He's a relative of the kings of Ireland, which until recently in this game existed as a unified and independent country before it was conquered by Frederick-William of Britain.
    klingons
    spock
    plop