The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    why am i laughing so hard
  • I really really really don't wanna go back to school.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Me neither. :/ Well I kind of do but kind of don't. :o

:/

>_>

:)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Miko said:

I bet the reason why estrogen can be taken orally but testosterone has to be injected is that TESTOSTERONE DON'T F*CK AROUND RRRAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR U WANT DA MAN JUICE YOU GOT TA FORCE IT IN THEIR

You know, a few minutes ago I had a similar thought.

If you want to become a woman you can just swallow some dainty little pills

If you want to become a man you must STAB YOURSELF MERCILESSLY

it means something
  • it means something

Not really.

The body doesn't have to "Mean" anything, otherwise it wouldn't put our breathing function so close to our eating function.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    y do we pee with the same thing we make babby with :o
    well yeah, I've already determined that the human body is rather poorly designed
    Fingernails, one of the most useless things. Tonsils. Literally useless! Body hair is utterly pointless.
    Even head hair is technically kind of pointless even though it looks nice.
  • feet useless

hands useless

mouths useless

eyes useless

ears useless

minds useless
    Body hair is one of the more stupider things.

Fingernails, however, actually do have uses.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

well yeah, I've already determined that the human body is rather poorly designed

Tzetze once pointed out that part of the reason for this is that the human body is a very generalized machine
    Tzetze points everything out

He's a professional pointer-outer
  • Why play a story-driven game with bad gameplay elements when you could just watch all the good parts on Youtube?

There we go! Now that we are done making you die over and over again, here's another chapter from our great story!
    I know right? :D
  • edited 2013-08-01 02:33:11
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    how on earth
    This is the first time I have ever heard a synth legitimately sound like a guitar. o_o Amazing.
    A good game should be mostly action with a few dumb jokes here and there

sez I
  • edited 2013-08-01 02:39:31
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I like games that are just nonstop actioney fun. :D

Also Yume Nikki too but that is more of an art game, and there is nothing about it that I think is pretentious despite this.
    But like even Yume Nikki is really fun and doesn't interrupt with cut scenes and the like; just its fun has more to do with wandering in surreal dreams and exploring than with gun shenanigans and platforming.
    Yume Nikki works, in my opinion, partly because it leaves the story entirely to speculation.
    I like a good rhythm game and a good puzzle game and a good RPG as well.
    Actually I really just can't stay interested in an RPG in recent times, maybe because they get so diluted with cinematics and storylines when really I just wanna run around and do shenanigans and have fun. :3
  • games can be roughly divided, IMO, into narrative games, experiencial games, and skill-based games.

the former would be like, The Last of Us, or something else that's more cutscene based than gameplay based, and they're a pretty recent development.

the middle would be something like Yume Nikki or Proteus, where they seek to instill a certain feeling or sensation or group thereof in the player. Cheap indie horror games (the SCP series, Slender, etc.) also fall into this category.

the latter would be something designed around a loose concept of accomplishing a series of goals or testing the player in some way. This is everything from platformers (from Super Mario Bros. to Super Meatboy) to puzzle games (again, everything from Professor Layton to Bejeweled) to stuff without any obvious genre (Super Hexagon, Flywrench)

that is my loosest possible classification, at any rate. You could probably subdivide them further and there are certainly instances of overlap (I think most FPSes would mix the first and last of these categories, for instance).
    If I ever become one of those brides who insists on micromanaging every aspect of my wedding and blows ridiculous amounts of money on it and acts like it is literally the most important day of my life, all of you have my permission to slap me.
    Bridezilla?
    Gender roles says it is one of the most important days of your life; you are now chained to a man who you must serve with domestic chores and reproduction. Yes.
  • Mo', have you played Capsized, and can you tell me whether I should play it with controller, or keyboard+mouse?
  • spinor said:

Mo', have you played Capsized, and can you tell me whether I should play it with controller, or keyboard+mouse?

I have not.

Personally, I play everything with the keyboard and mouse simply due to the fact that I don't have a (reliable) USB controller.

hmm, i seem unable to upload a new avie

bleh, the duct tape is slowly starting to come apart
  • I had problems with avatar uploading earlier.
  • I was able to upload one before my laptop borked earlier today.
    Hmm, it seems to work for me...I don't know what's wrong :\
  • someday i will be a real kitty

just you wait

someday i will be a real kitty

just you wait
    :D
  • edited 2013-08-01 03:43:23

the mice are being loud tonight

i should chase them down and maul them to death and then give them to my loved ones as a sign of affection
  • The sadness will last forever.
    pow
  • the mice are being loud tonight

i should chase them down and maul them to death and then give them to my loved ones as a sign of affection
    -insert "Oh, you!" here except with a cat instead of DOG-
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

If I ever become one of those brides who insists on micromanaging every aspect of my wedding and blows ridiculous amounts of money on it and acts like it is literally the most important day of my life, all of you have my permission to slap me.

You never struck me as the type who'd be like that...
  • The Daleks are always going to just barely escape from their near-total destruction simply because there is no way they're actually going to be gotten rid of.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    dalek punching
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I remember in "Journey's End" when the Doctor decided it would have been wrong to kill them off because that would be genocide

THE DALEKS ARE MANIFESTATIONS OF GENOCIDE
    Anonus said:

You never struck me as the type who'd be like that...

Good. ^_^
    Anonus said:

I remember in "Journey's End" when the Doctor decided it would have been wrong to kill them off because that would be genocide

THE DALEKS ARE MANIFESTATIONS OF GENOCIDE
    Well, if you commit genocide against the manifestations of genocide, are you any better than they are?
    OH MY GOD A DARLEY 4-WAY BEACON

That thing's got to be at least 60-70 years old, if not older
  • edited 2013-08-01 06:02:28
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, it's been painted: Unlike most manufacturers of the era, which painted their signals dark green, Darley left theirs with a metallic silver finish. That way, as they aged, they'd still look the same, instead of having paint start to flake off. Many of them were painted yellow later in their service life when that became the "normal" color for traffic signals.