The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Naney said:

hahahaha

I'm the only person here who gets this, presumably, but it's still funny

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I thought that was one of his album covers. Is there an 'inside joke' I don't get? :o
  • wait i am getting lesbian subtext between marceline an princess bubblegum?

i mean

i'm not sure how else i am supposed to interpret what is going on here?

i was not expecting thiiiiiiis
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Every time I see angels as depicted in the Old Testament, I think of Evangelion. :P
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-03-25 16:26:46

I thought that was one of his album covers. Is there an 'inside joke' I don't get? :o

oh yeah, I forgot you liked him too

ah well, sorry
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't watched Evangelion yet

I've been wary of doing so as it is heavy on the angst

I'm not feeling very happy right now so it might have to wait
  • Naney said:

wait i am getting lesbian subtext between marceline an princess bubblegum?

i mean

yeah basically
  • The episode "What Was Missing" became controversial because of an allegedly implied past relationship between Marceline and Princess Bubblegum.[72][73] The controversy largely began after an accompanying "Mathematical" recap—a studio-endorsed behind the scenes video series implied that there were lesbian relations between Princess Bubblegum and Marceline and that the writing staff actively seeks input from fans.[73][74][75] This incident was addressed by the show's producer, Fred Seibert, who said that "in trying to get the show’s audience involved we got wrapped up by both fan conjecture and spicy fanart and went a little too far."[72][73] Soon after, the video recap and the entire channel was pulled off of YouTube, although "What Was Missing" still airs during reruns.[73] Seibert's decision to remove the video also proved controversial; Bitch magazine later wrote an article about how the episode "handled female desire—female queer desire at that—in a subtle but complex way", but that the removal of the recap and the studio's perceived treatment of the controversy was detrimental towards the acceptance of queer romance in children's television.[72] Ward later addressed the issuing and gave a more neutral view; he said that, because there were "so many extreme positions taken on it all over the Internet", he did not "really want to comment on it because of [the issues]. It was a big hullaballoo."[76]

well i

am surprised
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I have hardly watched any Adventure Time

Between it and Regular Show I've found myself preferring the latter (I tried AT back when it first hit the air but I couldn't get into it), even if Rigby really annoys me at times
  • in a good way i think.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't decide what my parody of myself should be called though

There's not a lot you can do with "Central Avenue"
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Anonus: Sometimes, stories with lots of angst only make me happier because they make my mind grow. :)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't decide what my parody of myself should be called though

• I can't decide what my parody of myself should be called though

M S T F X E [blank]

really, this is the hand i get to start with

an X right off the bat?
    i ended up going for "FIXES", with the blank tile as an I

also naney, i'm having a derp moment and am not sure how to interpret your emptyquoting of my post
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    North Avenue

South Avenue
  • also naney, i'm having a derp moment and am not sure how to interpret your emptyquoting of my post
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
  • edited 2013-03-25 16:43:30

omfg bubblegum wears marceline's shirt as PJs

yeah they were a thing, there is no other way i can interpret that.
    You know, if I wanted to go blatant "Mental Avenue" is pretty funny

I was hoping for something subtler though

Alternatively, I can just act deliberately over-the-top on my normal account instead of fooling around with sockpuppets, but nobody ever picks up on it when I try that
  • we do but we just assume you are being loopy
  • Naney said:

wait i am getting lesbian subtext between marceline an princess bubblegum?

i mean

It's not supposed to be there, canonically.

I think someone got fired over that, actually. Can't have teh gayz in our cartoons.

• i think it takes more than one person to make an episode tho
  • edited 2013-03-25 16:53:30

and i didn't see any mentions of firings.

but whatevs

the only ship that matters is prince gumball x me
  • srsly ~WHOOP WHOOP~ BABE ALERT ~WHOOP WHOOP~

if i was a girl i would need to own this
  • Too many times would the cow moo.
  • Naney said:

i think it takes more than one person to make an episode tho

I don't recall if it was that specifically but somebody got dropped over something relating to bubblegum x marceline.
  • that's specific
    I feel like screwing with my family by placing traffic cones around the house in ways that block off normal paths

I should probably wait till Mother's not around though so as not to force her to walk any more than she has to
    Granted, everyone will just step over them anyway.
  • edited 2013-03-25 17:02:54

what if they step over the cones

princess ninja'd
  • Naney said:

that's specific

I don't really keep track of drama in the Adventure Time fandom

let me look it up.

• I feel like screwing with my family by placing traffic cones around the house in ways that block off normal paths

I should probably wait till Mother's not around though so as not to force her to walk any more than she has to
    "dance, my puppets, dance"
  • This is when it gets super gay.
    this line got giggles outa me
    moo
  • apparently I am going to Pizza Hut

well I will see you all later I guess.

• mmmmmmmmmm pizza

also no firings were mentioned there

though the behind-the-scenes vid was taken down?

whatevurrrr
  • maybe if i whine about my headphones some more they will magically fix themselves
    Naney said:

maybe if i whine about my headphones some more they will magically fix themselves

I've tried that with my laptop

It doesn't work very well

And the Princess Magic spellbook is from 2003 so it doesn't know how to fix a 64-bit computer. :\
    Did I ever tell y'all about the time in 2003 when I "fixed" a supposedly dead computer without actually doing anything?
  • The well has run dry.
    A spambot disappeared from the application queue when I clicked on a different page.

That means there's a mod or Lazuli lurking right now who rejected it. Hi, mod or Lazuli!

• It takes truly a perverse mind to laugh at the misfortune of others. But can you blame me? It is pretty funny.
    schadenfreude