The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Have you updated your device drivers?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    This problem goes back to at least Win2k. At my shop on base at least half of our Windows boxes (Dell, btw) would bluescreen automatically if anything was inserted into their USB ports. 
  • edited 2012-07-08 15:34:16
    Speaking of computer troubles, I noticed some graphical weirdness last night while playing Killing Floor that was most likely my graphics card overheating.

Today, I clicked on a YouTube video. Screen goes black for a second or two, then comes back. A Windows dialog balloon pops up telling me that the Nvidia kernel stopped responding and then recovered.

Shit. I doubt that's good at all. And this video card's not even seen a month of usage.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Have you updated your device drivers?

Yes.
    I'm in that weird kinda sleep dep mode.
    So, I'm watching a programme called "the Nations favourite number one" and I fully expect something old to be at the top but not anything by like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones.
    The choice will be CONTROVERSIAL
    Well;

No 60 was Bonkers by Dizzie Rascal
    No 59 was Hit me with your rhythm stick by Ian Dury and the Blockheads
    When do we get to Ice Ice Baby
    I dont know

58 was Merry Xmas Everyone by Slade.which is surprising tbh because its a very popular song (during the Xmas period).
    Slade. One of those bands apparently known in Merry Ole England but nobody knows them here.
    Oh, thats interesting.
  • edited 2012-07-08 16:26:57
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    No 57 was  Killing me softly by the Fugees (and its the first cover in the chart).
    No 56 was Dry Your Eyes by the Streets
    No 55 was Firestarter by Prodigy (another song I thought would be higher)
    No 54 was I'm not in Love by 10cc
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I like gambling on slot machines.
    Why?:(
    I like it, duh.
  • edited 2012-07-08 16:40:21
    Oh okay

No 53 was Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio ft LV (Which is based on a Stevie Wonder song interestingly)
    No 52 was Should I stay or I go by the Clash.
    No 51 was The Drugs don't work by the Verve.
  • edited 2012-07-08 16:59:50
    Yeah, thats the song.

Apperantly LV just sang with the music playing from that song

No 50 was I Believe I can Fly By R.Kelly
    No 49 was Stand By Me by Ben E King (another song I thought would be higher).
    No 48 was Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood, Proof if anything that any publicity is good publicity.
    No 47 was I heard it through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
    No 46 was The House of the Rising Sun by the Animals.
  • Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium Australium

It's all I see now.

• edited 2012-07-08 17:14:33
    Why do you see that?

No 45 was Crazy by Gnarls Barkey (its the first song to reach the top of the UK charts on downloads alone)
    No 44 was I want to hold your hand by the Beatles.
    No 43 was Stan by Emimem ft Dido (that song helped launch Dido's career).
  • edited 2012-07-08 17:27:00
    No 41 was Maggie May by Rod Stewart.

Thats it for this week :(
  • Oh okay

No 53 was Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio ft LV (Which is based on a Stevie Wonder song interestingly)

Coolio is an extremely underrated artist (look up "When You Get There" if you don't believe me)

But I'm surprised anyone knows him in the UK. 

As for Slade, they are mostly known for doing the original version of what would later become Hair Metal Classic "Cum on Feel the Noize"

But I'm surprised anyone knows him in the UK.
    Gangsta's Paradise was played a lot during the Nineties.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Coolio really made quite the name for himself when he got all butthurt about Weird Al, even after Weird Al apologized profusely
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-08 18:18:26
    Coolio was in last week's Gravity Falls, funnily enough.

Larry King was too.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Just watched the first two episodes of Gravity Falls.

Does Mabel strike anyone else as autistic?
    I dunno, I didn't watch Gravity Falls yet.
    Good Night
  • edited 2012-07-08 18:56:31
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

suuuuuuuuuuuup

also gn whale.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-08 20:06:32

Just watched the first two episodes of Gravity Falls.

Does Mabel strike anyone else as autistic?
    I didn't really think about her that way, but she definitely shows some signs.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

my dad is wearing a kilt right now.

this is relevant information.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Tre: I think you and I are the only ones here who watch the show so far, though I know Anonus intends to check it out.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    I saw part of an episode. Was still half-asleep, so I barely remember it. it was nice from what i could remember. very cartoon network-y.
  • It's good, right?

I instantly kind of took a liking to the concept when I heard of it last year, though I was kind of cautious about how good it'd be at first. Not anymore though.
    Yeah, I liked it.
  • Ohhhhhh, it takes place in Oregon!

All I know about Oregon is what Bocaj told me back in the old forum, and he sees Oregon the way I see Maine.

This explains much.
    oregon is weird, man
  • edited 2012-07-08 20:26:28
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What I know about Oregon:
    • Haven
    • Justice42
  • edited 2012-07-08 20:26:43
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'm sure Justice, Haven, and King Friday can tell you plenty of stories about Oregon.

ninja'd
    Oh, also Tzetze
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Peter Paltridge lives there! (I'm not sure most of you even know who he is)
  • (Aside: I see Maine as a Lovecraftian realm of horrors and beasts beyond comprehension. You know why Stephen King puts all his scary horror novels in Maine? He's trying to warn us!)

Anyways, I'm about 4 minutes in and Mabel's already my favorite character. She's like Pinkie with a stronger anchor in reality, which nullifies everything that faintly annoyed me about Pinkie.
  • edited 2012-07-08 20:29:53
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Mabel was an instant favorite of mine, and I think you just hit upon why.

Edit: Hold on, making a thread.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.