The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• No one approaches me unless they're asking for directions, and that's only because I'm a young person with a backpack 90% of the time if I'm on the street

this is the nightmare scenario because I will always, always find a way to fuck the directions up
  • that's not a hypothetical I've done that like a dozen times including to someone who was trying to get to a funeral home
  • directions are Impossible Hell
  • kill living beings
    try goin left
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    i usually stick the ignoring option, thank god for cellphones

last night i remembered that i'm bad at smoking

you might not think that's possible, but that's because you haven't passed me the hookah

i was invited to a hookah place like five times by different groups of people and not until the last time did i realize you're not supposed to just immediately blow it out. 

anyway drugs are bad and also i'm probably the worst ever when it comes to directions. i can't even navigate maps in video games
  • Jane said:

No one approaches me unless they're asking for directions, and that's only because I'm a young person with a backpack 90% of the time if I'm on the street

this is the nightmare scenario because I will always, always find a way to fuck the directions up
    I am good at directions as long as it's within walking distance, which, in most cases, it is.
  • The "being a huge asshole" thing reminded me of the scene in American Psycho where Patrick Bateman takes some time off to be a douche to a homeless guy for no apparent reason
  • being a dissatisfied young white male who deals with violent intrusive thoughts and an obsession with bland useless details gotta say Patrick Bateman is very #relatable content
  • Epitome said:

i usually stick the ignoring option, thank god for cellphones

last night i remembered that i'm bad at smoking

you might not think that's possible, but that's because you haven't passed me the hookah

i was invited to a hookah place like five times by different groups of people and not until the last time did i realize you're not supposed to just immediately blow it out. 

anyway drugs are bad and also i'm probably the worst ever when it comes to directions. i can't even navigate maps in video games
    dude I know named Kevin (@antiquation on twitter) goes to hookah bars all the time and from his description they are literally the least interesting places on earth

is your experience different?
    i mean, it's just a place to chill that's not someone's apartment, basically
  • I see.

He complains about people there a lot.

I shouldn't call him a friend really he's more of an acquaintance. I wonder how he's doing, he was upset earlier but I was not sure what about.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Twilight Sparkle
    Sunset Shimmer
    Starlight Glimmer
    Starbeam Twinkle

I wanna see how many more variations of this they manage to come up with
  • kill living beings
    I like the idea of a hookah bar since it's the exact same way people hung out in, like, medieval Turkey, but practically speaking i'd probably prefer the apartment.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what are those last two names?
  • I wish I could hang out in a hookah bar but I have asthma.
  • i keep narrowly avoiding going to hookah bars and tbh i think its a life experience i could probably live without
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

what are those last two names?

Starlight Glimmer is a character from season 5 who I stumbled across because I no longer care about spoilers for this show, and Starbeam Twinkle is a toy who hasn't appeared in the show.
    i didn't even realize today was easter until i saw anonus post a thread about it oops

happy easter i guess
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Happy Easter! I celebrate by writing fanfuction
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Rationalfic is to fiction what Christian Rock is to Rock

So what's the rationalfic equivalent of Starflyer 59?
    Jane said:

anyway today I opened "Halcyon (Live)" by Orbital in Audacity and slowed it down 25% and it sounds amaze.

Even the part with the Bon Jovi samples?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Odradek said:
    This is really good, read even if you have an aversion to Cracked
  • *plans to do lots of work at home over the Easter break*

*can't do any work over the Easter break because the work that needs to be done needs references from the university library*

*doesn't go back to university until beginning of April*

*fuck*
  • That really was a good read. I have an adblocker so I don't care about going on Cracked.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

The manga follows Machi, a middle school student who serves as a shrine maiden at a Shinto shrine and takes care of a bear, who lives on mountain in Japan's northern Tohoku region. The bear, Natsu, has the ability to talk and is Machi's guardian. When Machi explains to Natsu that she will attend a school in the city, he gives Machi a set of trials that she must pass in order to be able to survive city life.
    This looks like a cute show.

Also, the credits list for half of the key production and writing staff is weirdly short.
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:
    This is really good, read even if you have an aversion to Cracked
    :D

That was wonderful!
    Honestly Manos: The Hands of Fate kind of works for me in a weird way.

Part of it is that the dialogue is so bad it becomes unmoored from time and space and becomes suggestive rather than confusing, and also every frame of the movie looks like someone's last known-photo.
    I have been meaning to see it for a long time.
  • edited 2016-03-27 16:12:34
    My dreams exceed my real life
    We really, really, really need to kill all insight wankers.

I cannot overstate this enough, humankind will never be free unless this is done.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    When I was a young teen, I watched the MST episode covering Manos. I found the movie itself genuinely creepy, and the riffing not enough to neutralize that creepiness. Couldn't finish the episode. Come to think of it, I think that's the only MST episode I've started and not finished.

Maybe I'd like it more if I rewatched it now. It's been over a decade.
    Just shoot them all in the head to cure the virus.
    I'm not unreasonable here, other methods of execution are permissable, but we, as a society, really need to get this done.
  • humanity will never be free until we create the petplay based society
    Sure, but first kill all those robotic fuckers
    All of them, spare not a soul
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    No one shall listen to me before it is too late, alas and alack
    When President Trump exiles the humanities to Alaska in his 4th term via insight wanker influences, I hope you shall spare me a thought
  • edited 2016-03-27 16:41:08
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Could we not fold this into (justifiable) unhappiness over the election, combined with doom-saying, please.

Like, damn it, I don't like any of the Republicans out there. The last thing I want to hear is "When [Republican President] comes in and [bad stuff]," no less looping back to something like this.

OK tnu

I am not ybu if i were in would be trping like ths
    Crystal said:

Could we not fold this into (justifiable) unhappiness over the election, combined with doom-saying, please.

Like, damn it, I don't like any of the Republicans out there. The last thing I want to hear is "When [Republican President] comes in and [bad stuff]," no less looping back to something like this.
    Sorry
    Thank you.
  • kill living beings
    i'm watching someone try to convince a pal that not letting someone talk at a technical conference is like lynching, and laughing, because i'm a bad person

i'm watching someone try to convince a pal that not letting someone talk at a technical conference is like lynching, and laughing, because i'm a bad person

Moldbug'd
  • redpilled by slamdance
  • kill living beings
    the level of "[X] does this" "well i don't think it does, based on reason" "ok but you're empirically wrong" "yeah but" is amazing