The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• have fun!

let me know if you get stuck

for all my posturing the level design is occasionally a bit easy to get lost in.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    At least none of the maps in the first game were as insane as this:

• is that the Pfhor power plant from Rubicon?
    It's Aye Mak Sicur, the final level of Infinity.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm really tired.
  • edited 2015-09-24 05:24:37
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

The soapbox episodes are the best.

Agreed. Always good when he loses a streak. Or drinks less coffee, heh.

What a weirdly depressing episode though.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Someone made a What's Opera Arnold joke about Persona 5 and I'm gleefully laughing because I'm not the only one to make the joke
    It's kinda weird how little Marathon uses Hulks. Two levels in the entire series.
  • kill living beings
    aleph one made the colony ship for sale puzzle way easier, didn't it?
    They changed their minds and "fixed" it in the later versions, apparently. Because everyone loves bad puzzles.
  • kill living beings
    haha, t hen i hit the jackpot
  • kill living beings
    i didn't know you get to the desert in eat the path.

wacky.
  • Infinity, even in comparison to the first two Marathon games, is fucking weird.
  • kill living beings
    conditioned unit

origin: Tycho Machinated Mercenary
  • edited 2015-09-24 06:53:43
    kill living beings
    man the pfhor bureaucracy is so beautifully idiotic

perimeter garrison 7AF

origin:
    Engineer 1st Class K'all
    destin:
    Unit Command
    ref:
    Alternate Footpath Resupply Tower 2
    stamp: requisition
    Humbly I request retooling of Engineering Unit cutterays for completion of Alternate Footpath project as outlined in proposal.49AB3
    { error: proposal.49AB3 not found }

perimeter garrison 7AF
    origin:
    Unit Command
    destin: $c6enginneer 1st Class K'all
    ref:
    Illegal Cutteray Requisition
    stamp: reprimand

{ cmd: append reply }

Request for misdirection of garrison resources for completion of unapproved proposal.49AB3 duly noted by Enforcement Liaison and report will be transmitted to Lh'owon Command with the endcycle packet.

Engineer 1st Class K'all is hereby ordered to cease construction of Alternate
    Footpath to Resupply Tower 2 until stamp: Approval issued by Lh'owon Command.
    Engineer 1st Class K'all is hereby ordered to report to Unit Command for restriction
    until endcycle round of scheduled demotions.

Lh'owon command
    origin:
    Lh'owon Command
    destin:
    Perimeter Garrison 7AF Unit Command
    ref:
    Proposal.49AB3
    stamp: approval
    { cmd: ref appended }
    This is in approval of proposal.49AB3 for Alternate Footpath to Resupply Tower 2, Perimeter
    Garrison 7AF.

perimeter garrison 7AF
    origin:
    Engineer 3rd Class K'all
    destin:
    personal log .49AF4
    ref:
    Alternate Footpath Project (Approved)
    stamp: monitored
    { cmd: personal log file init }
    Alternate Footpath Project has been completed without use of functional cutterays.
    Substitution of garrison personnel demoted to Conditioned Rank (ref: psychiatric) into work detail increased efficacy of project. I await formal request for status report from Unit Command prior to opening footpath
    { cmd: expunge proposal.49AB3 }
  • edited 2015-09-24 10:26:52
    Found the r/atheism post I was talking about, for anyone who somehow still cares. 

It's even better than I thought. "Oh my God, Jesus...taught things that were in the Old Testament!"
  • Also:
    Odradek said:

Yup.

Strictly speaking, Jesus was actually part of a tradition of radical mendicant rabbis who were particularly prevalent during that period. John the Baptist was another obvious one, but even at that point travelling holy men preaching to the diaspora from outside the synagogue were their own parallel tradition.

Claimants to being the messiah were so common among the Jews that Romans made jokes about the stereotype.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Messiah_claimants#1st_century

I only count a little over a dozen...
  • i had a job interview. i think it went well?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Good job.

What was it an interview for, if you don't mind my asking?
  • @Crystal: Watched the first two episodes of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun . I'm loving it so far.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This week has been shit and I want it to end already
  • a job teaching english in taiwan
  • Got to have a blood test tomorrow. Woo!
  • /heavysarcasm
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Prescriptive, and her trusty sidekick, Bad Opinion Lad! Together, they fight word crime!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It Follows is probably well made, but I don't know.

I feel like "the monster is a metaphor for STDs" is really dumb

Listen...
    There's another national anthem playing,
    Not the one you cheer
    At the ball park.

Where's my prize?...

It's the other national anthem, saying,
    If you want to hear-
    It says, "Bullshit!"...

It says, "Never!"-

It says, "Sorry!"-

Loud and clear-

It says: Listen
    To the tune that keeps sounding
    In the distance, on the outside,
    Coming through the ground,
    To the hearts that go on pounding
    To the sound
    Getting louder every year-

Listen to the sound...
    Take a look around...

We're the other national anthem, folks,
    The ones that can't get in
    To the ball park.

Spread the word...

There's another national anthem, folks,
    For those who never win,
    For the suckers, for the pikers,
    For the ones who might have been...

• So Dusty slept on my bed again last night.

That is cute and I wish she'd keep doing it even after she's done healing and her stitches and Cone of Shame are gone.

Because CUTE.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/24/nickelodeon-takes-fans-back-to-the-90s-with-the-launch-of-the-splat/471174/

Nickelodeon's 90's retro thing will have an emoji keyboard.

HELGA EMOJI SPAM IS A GO
    If stores are private property, do vampires have to be invited in?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

If stores are private property, do vampires have to be invited in?

Now you've got me thinking about how murky this would get if you took it to its logical conclusion. Where does, say, a state university fall into this?
  • Somewhere, Anonus's eyes are rolling
    A world where vampires starve to death because they can't actually get into anywhere.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zeether said:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/24/nickelodeon-takes-fans-back-to-the-90s-with-the-launch-of-the-splat/471174/

Nickelodeon's 90's retro thing will have an emoji keyboard.

HELGA EMOJI SPAM IS A GO
    >Launching in early-October on iTunes and Android, “The Splat” emoji keyboard will feature more than 30 iconic Nickelodeon emoticons, stickers and GIFs based on Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life and more. The fully integrated keyboard allows fans to paste classic Nick characters into texts, emails and on social media sites.

#brands
  • A world where vampires starve to death because they can't actually get into anywhere.

this is the shittiest game of Vampire: the Masquerade I've ever played
    then again the hell do I know, I liked it when Toon Zone had emoticons of Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network characters
    and I am the one who made flairs of Cadpig and Choo Choo

from the unaired pilot
    Star vs. Evel Knievel
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

then again the hell do I know, I liked it when Toon Zone had emoticons of Warner Bros. and Cartoon Network characters

I honestly did, too. >_>
    Not gonna lie

When I was using LINE last night I was thinking "Hey Arnold stickers need to exist"

and then this happens
    I feel like a hypocrite because, though it was inevitable, I hate seeing old Nickelodeon properties dredged up in ways that feel kind of tacky to me

But one of my passion projects is a hypothetical Yogi Bear meets Animaniacs-type show
    I am going to make a vampire movie, and half of it will be a legitimate horror movie, but then there's a chase scene, and the hero accidentally knocks over a big bowl of rice, and the rest of the movie is the vampire methodically counting every grain in real time.
    The worst thing about Marathon: Durandal/Infinity: BOBs think they earned the right to shoot back.
  • kill living beings
    on the bright side, it means any residual empathy you felt towards them is gone
    I killed BOBs in Reelism and I feel no empathy