The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I once killed 22 NPC Sims in one sitting using a cowplant and had my active Sim drink the life from the poor NPC that just happened to walk past my house at the wrong time.
  • Yay for downloading music in the middle of the night instead of sleeping
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    . . . i was about to go 'the middle of the night? it's not even 1 am yet' and then i realized how little sense that makes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Update: I relented because, as it turns out, making your park deliberately difficult to navigate is a quick way to make your park rating plummet. Once I removed the "no entry" signs that kept people from walking back out the main entrance paths, my park rating recovered from 404 to 620 within a matter of days.
  • I am meltinnngggggggggh -~-
  • is midnight actually the middle of the night?
  • It's "Tubular Bells III" by Mike Oldfield.

The last track on it, Far Above The Clouds, gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

is midnight actually made of velvet?
  • I tend to think of 4 AM as the middle of the night since it's around the middle of my sleep cycle.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It also caused me to hemorrhage guests

I suppose that'll be all the people who couldn't find the exit before leaving now

Actually, that makes sense; I had people who were unhappy and wanted to leave but couldn't--that's why my park rating plummeted

So once I get them out of the park, my rating recovered, but now I have to attract more visitors to satisfy that requirement 
  • edited 2015-08-14 23:59:23
    ಠ_ಠ
    For me, the middle of night refers to anywhere between 12am and 5am. AKA that time of the night when I should sleeping to avoid grumpy!Tools emerging in the morning.
  • Be thankful you have never had to experience grumpy!Tools in real life.
    After hiring some costumed mascots and getting out some ad campaigns I seem to have recovered...lesson learned: keeping people in your park is easy, keeping happy people in your park is where the challenge is.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i tend to assume 'middle of the night' means midnight, or thereabouts

except i got to thinking of that as the start of the night, and the middle as somewhere between like 3 and 5
  • I just get weird when I'm tired.

Not Tzetze levels of weird, just weird enough to think that "language eggs" (AKA eggs that make you learn foreign languages when eaten) are a wonderful idea.
  • Not sure what makes grumpy!Tools emerge, but massive amount of hot chocolate and hot showers are needed to make her go away and for normal!Tools to reappear.
  • Oh and one time I posted something in a thread (the original Troper Updates IIRC) that was like... "Hey guys what's this song? It's not the smurf song or the Daria song, it goes like "La la LA la, la la LA" what song is that guys?" and thought I'd get an answer. I hadn't slept in... 40 hours I think at that point and I'd also gone to a party (no alcohol though, mostly roleplaying games and food and stuff) during a few of those 40 hours. As well as marathoning several Star Ttek:TNG episodes with the friend I'd gone to the party with (they were mostly Q episodes, 'cause Q is awesome.)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I have no wind in my sails today
  • My sails are also wind-deficient on this day.

I was gonna stream tonight. Not sure about it now.
  • Ugh I'm all worn out now.

I didn't even do much other than work all day with an annoying co-worker (who thankfully I only work with every other Friday and he's going out of town on the Friday I'd work with him next so I won't work with him again for a whole month), go out to dinner with my dad (which was more a "get a ride in Dad's new vehicle and have something to eat while we're out" thing) and do a little exercising.

I think I'm more mentally worn out than physically worn out though (see "annoying co-worker" for the main part of that).
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Kraidland
  • Also I think I am gonna get my hair cut again tomorrow.

like this though it'll likely flip out a little more at the edges/sides.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that is a good haircut, I might not mind having it myself, even
  • I think it'll suit me; I purposely picked something I liked where the model had a similar face shape to mine.

And I can do fun stuff with it. Wear it slick, slick the fringe back, spike the back out, do the whole "I just woke up" tousled thing, flip the ends out... 

I'll provide pics once it's cut, though likely the next day since if I get home late I might feel too tired to selfie.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Vriska said:

Also I think I am gonna get my hair cut again tomorrow.

like this though it'll likely flip out a little more at the edges/sides.
    That is the kind of haircut I would like for myself someday.
    I failed my scenario objective in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 but instead of immediately ragequitting I decided to close down the park and start selling off the rides and other assets to see if I could repay my loans.

I managed to repay the $10000 in loans I took out and still had $12000 left...so I guess my park was profitable, albeit not to the extent that I could pass the objectives. :P
    "We are forced to conclude that our scientists are incapable of any but the emptiest platitudes when they stray from their specialities. It makes one think back on the collection of mediocrities accumulated by Einstein when he spoke of God, the state, peace, and the meaning of life. It is clear that Einstein, extraordinary mathematical genius that he was, was no Pascal; he knew nothing of political or human reality, or, in fact, anything at all outside his mathematical research. The banality of Einstein's remarks in matters outside his speciality is as astonishing as his genius within it... Even J. Robert Oppenheimer, who seems receptive to a general culture, is not outside this judgement. His political and social declarations, for example, scarcely go beyond the level of those of the man in the street. And the opinions of the scientists quoted by L'Express are not even on the level of Einstein or Oppenheimer...Particularly disquieting is the gap between the enormous power they wield and their critical ability, which must be estimated as null."
  • whoever wrote that seems like a nice guy to hang out with
    naney said:

whoever wrote that seems like a nice guy to hang out with

Is this sarcasm or realcasm
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    i feel ya, italicsperson.
  • that was sarcasm
  • people dont have to have super awesome and amazing insight into the social nature of things or statecraft or whatever, it's ok to be dude-on-the-street-tier

yeah it can be kinda annoying when people assume expertise in one field parlays into another, but that's life, y'know? no need to be so stuck up about it
    naney said:

people dont have to have super awesome and amazing insight into the social nature of things or statecraft or whatever, it's ok to be dude-on-the-street-tier

yeah it can be kinda annoying when people assume expertise in one field parlays into another, but that's life, y'know? no need to be so stuck up about it

Have you read /r/atheism lately
  • i may be masochistic but im not that masochistic
    I'm sorry for being uncomfortable with people wielding ridiculous amounts of social clout despite not being entitled to it, and being very willing to abuse it, I suppose I should be deferential to my masters, because we're all fellow ape passengers on this starship earth, and who really knows anything maaaaaaaaaan
    I'm bored.

You people should hop on #trashheap and entertain me because wow I am feeling bluh at the moment

RCT2 didn't work out
  • Odradek said:

I'm sorry for being uncomfortable with people wielding ridiculous amounts of social clout despite not being entitled to it, and being very willing to abuse it, I suppose I should be deferential to my masters, because we're all fellow ape passengers on this starship earth, and who really knows anything maaaaaaaaaan

i think you underestimate the social clout of r/atheism

also if you try to paint me and my positions like this i will slap you through the internet so help me god
  • There is a cat on my pillow, sound asleep.

It's very cute.
  • i will #upload my body into the transhumanist future computer and then send my program back in time, and then when you least expect it i will make the CD tray on your computer pop open and hit you in the leg
  • Odradek said:

naney said:

whoever wrote that seems like a nice guy to hang out with

Is this sarcasm or realcasm
    Realcasm.

I can't believe it's notcasm.

Batcasm. 

is midnight actually made of velvet?
    can a 15 minute call really save you 15% or more on car insurance?
  • Vriska said:

I just get weird when I'm tired.

Not
    Tzetze levels of weird, just weird enough to think that "language eggs"
    (AKA eggs that make you learn foreign languages when eaten) are a
    wonderful idea.
    I actually really like these sorts of weird and random interesting ideas.

• and then the command prompt will open and you will get the weird scrolling green matrix text and then

REDPILLED BY NANEY

will dissolve in by way of the shittiest powerpoint effect i can find
  • naney said:

and then the command prompt will open and you will get the weird scrolling green matrix text and then

REDPILLED BY NANEY

will dissolve in by way of the shittiest powerpoint effect i can find

would fund
  • i like how that has no context now

• Vriska said:

I just get weird when I'm tired.

Not
    Tzetze levels of weird, just weird enough to think that "language eggs"
    (AKA eggs that make you learn foreign languages when eaten) are a
    wonderful idea.
    I actually really like these sorts of weird and random interesting ideas.

I thought the language egg thing was PURE GENIUS at like 3 AM when I thought of it.
    No one should criticize scientists ever
  • edited 2015-08-15 01:33:22
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    the quote's more about how someone will listen to a STEM scientist on a social issue and go "he's smart, he's a sciencer", way before they listen to a philosopher or what not (who has actually studied this shit) speaking on the same issue.

as a trained sciencer i can tell you there are a lot of people who are That Bad :(

(I would mayyybe make a Members Only thread of Shit Engineers Say, if I weren't
    trying my best to ignore those memories on a daily basis.)