The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    WordPress.com has those too.
  • *throws roadsign-themed confetti on Central Avenue*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Road sign-themed confetti? I can actually see that existing. You'd have little tiny STOP signs and YIELD signs and yellow curve warning signs...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's probably whatever point in the movie features someone watching a TV newscast.
    I'd figure that, silly.

Now I'm thinking about how Outlaw News was in Fight Club. I remember watching it in 2008 and thinking that was cool.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    My eyes are getting sore >.<

Might go to bed soon.
  • The knockoff Epic Rap Battles of History are very annoying by their sheer existence.
    I don't feel like a woman that much. :/
  • edited 2012-03-06 02:35:48
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "When Justice's kid gets a little older, we should get her this"

So far we seem to be raising her on a steady diet of Chris Carter TV and Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez films. So hopefully the book has some good stuff in it. 

I might run out of thing she can bring up to a therapist by the time she's old enough to read!
    Argh, I am just a fake female...
    Going to bed.

Nighty night, heap.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Night draco.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Hello from the world of tomorrow
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Rawr!!
  • edited 2012-03-06 05:00:30
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    He sighed to himself as he squeezed into the compact car. Grocery shopping. Once upon a time, grocery shopping had brought him joy. Each week he would go down to the little Kroger Food & Drug around the corner. The store was small, and admittedly a bit dated, but it had character. It was unique. Despite belonging to a nationwide chain of corporate-owned supermarkets, the store felt like it belonged to the community. It was more than just another Kroger, it was South Harmony's Kroger.

But now that was gone. Ten years or so ago, when the outskirts of the suburb were still sprawling, The Kroger Co. closed their older store and moved out to a huge new location with a pharmacy and a Starbucks and a Fifth Third Bank. There was nothing particularly wrong with the new store, but there was nothing endearing about it either. Instead of South Harmony's Kroger, it was just another cold, generic suburban supermarket plunked down in another cold, generic suburb.

To make matters worse, the housing market crash of the late 2000's had stopped the new development in its tracks. Streets that had been paved in anticipation of new homeowners were now blocked off with chain-link fences, pipes still sticking out of the ground where utility lines had been laid. Construction equipment sat in empty fields, windows busted out, left to rust, until some day when families could afford new homes again. And every time he drove past, it felt like that day would never come.
    ...I put WAY too much time into that.
    Is that an excerpt from something you're writing?
    No it is not. I was trying to write a deliberately bad piece of prose by appealing to the interests of the writer rather than the intended audience (really who gives a fuck about grocery stores)
    ...I honestly don't know what makes writing good or not, other than the basic building blocks of language (words, grammar) and certain other things (such as implications, intended or not.). I'm dumb.
    Admittedly I could have done much worse; I at least tried to relate the loss of the grocery store to the loss of the sense of community, which I guess it something the audience could relate to, when I could have rambled on about 1960s superstores and greenhouse decor and attached drugstores or something.

One of my problems in writing has always been unnecessary details; my mind likes to come up with very detailed images of things, which is good for establishing settings but often I have to force myself to leave out details that add nothing to the story.
  • I should work on my pony fanfic.
    Ooh, you're writing a pony fic? What about?
  • The mane cast go to the pony equivalent of Comiccon, and then stumble across a murder.
  • edited 2012-03-06 05:23:07
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ooh, cool!

You'll have to link me up when you're finished, 'kay?

(Why am I talking like that? The only thing worse would be if I'd said "cool beans")
    Everybody's gone.

Which is guess is just as well 'cause I need to get to bed anyway.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    I'm still here :3
    I've discovered what bugs me most about the opposition to gay marriage.

Its when people say that Marriage should be between people who can have kids together.
  • I need to start visiting more forums. I like it here, but we don't have much of an influx of new meat.
  • I like the lack of new people.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Can you make me into a real one as well
  • ::::/

I dun wanna go to work today. Every8ody is sick.
  • Yeah. Family 8usiness, and my parents and I all have colds.

And we have to 8e there today 8ecause some dum8 tour group is coming so my dad can talk to them a8out old furniture.
    Gah! I am so self conscious about my body...never felt that before or at least rarely did.
  • I had to run down the road to avoid missing a doctor's appointment.

That was not fun.
  • Oh dear.

WHOO I'M LISTENING TO MUSIC.
    Gryphons are so boring.
    -turns into fluttershy-

That was weird.
    :3
    I Anonus
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Aww.