My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
    As freaky as it would be, I think a mod for this would be hilarious.
  • Just watched the new episode. Holy cow, bitchy Fluttershy is scary.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I thought she was funny.

Also for some reason my first thought upon seeing Iron Will's posters was "praise him".

Also The Hub has a more annoying bug now (they've been using an opaque one since last week, though this is the first time I've seen the "new" bug.).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Weirdly I felt like I could relate to Fluttershy in this episode.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I couldn't really, but I did enjoy watching her be mean for some reason. I had to sympathize with poor Pinkie and Rarity when she berated them for their interests, though.

...is it strange that Iron Will reminded me of Rocko's Modern Life?

• I like how for a split second, fluttershy has this evil smirk on her face as she crushes the apple.

It's almost like years and years of repressed anger and hatred caught her by surprise.

This episode was refreshingly different. I like that they cut out part of the mane six for this one instead of having them make shallow cameos. Pinkie's animations were pretty fun to watch, too.

The thing that grated on me was the repetition of lines and some of those cheesy rhymes.
  • I thought it was kind of jarring to place this episode right after "A Friend In Need", since in that one Pinkie bounces around loving and being loved by everyone in Ponyville, and then in this one the inhabitants of Ponyville unexpectedly turn out to be a bunch of jerks. Makes you wonder why Pinkie even wants them as friends.
    I have friends that are sometimes dicks to people outside the group of friends. I mean, not on the level where they would disgust you, but...

You know, it's not such a bad thing to have a friendly relationship with someone if they treat you right even if they aren't a moral paragon in other areas of life. They'd probably still be dicks even if you broke off the friendship. You might as well keep it if it makes life better for the both of you.
  • It's true that Pinkie probably would want to bring a smile to everyone even if they are kind of a jerk, but still.

I both enjoyed and hated watching Fluttershy turn into a horrible pony.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yeah, for season two we've got an episode of Fluttershy being mean, Applejack lying, Rarity not making time for her friends and family, Pinkie Pie taking shit seriously... Did I miss anything else that sounds like Discord's work?
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I like it.

It makes them seem more real, as opposed to "oh Ah'm the element of honesty, that means I can't ever lie about anything!"
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Applejack is kinda boring.
  • edited 2012-03-05 13:40:39

It always seemed the that the elements are things they work towards as opposed to things they embody.
  • edited 2012-03-05 15:20:07
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "Applejack is kinda boring."

>:(
  • Responding a question on ED: which pony would you most want to vote for for president?
    Celestia.

Over 1000 years of executive experience. Seems pretty obvious, really.
  • What about out of the mane six?
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I'd like that picture more of the fingers didn't look so freakin' creepy...

*shudders*
    Twilight doesn't do well under pressure, but she's really the only one that's a good study. Rarity could be decent since she's so meticulous and diplomatic. Pinkie Pie would bring something interesting to the table, but she'd be too much of a wildcard for anyone to feel comfortable about it. Applejack and Fluttershy would be completely ineffectual, and Rainbow Dash would just absolutely fuck everything up.

Twilight would probably make more informed decisions, and Rarity would do well as a politician. I think it's probably between the two of them. Might work out if Rarity was the figurehead president and Twilight was the advising VP that made all the real decisions, but if there could only be one pony in the executive branch, it'd have to be Twilight for me.

This is all assuming being a pony doesn't become a huge thing that people wig out over, but I'm not sure how that would work out.
  • I actually think Applejack has a decent amount of credibility as a candidate; at least you can guarantee her honesty, and she's the most level-headed, arguably. But I don't think I would really want to vote for someone who uses phrases like "don't you try to use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!"

Rarity is a little too delicate for the presidency, I think. I could see her as a good culture minister, though.

Twilight's smart and a good organiser, but she's a little too anal-retentive.
  • edited 2012-03-06 07:19:53
  • Oh, Rarity can be very strong-willed, but she's also prone to hysteria.
  • True, but Rarity's a bit more dramatic about it. When AJ loses it, she at least doesn't go all "I HAVE TO GO INTO EXILE" about it.

...wait, that's literally what she did in The Last Roundup, isn't it? Never mind.
  • edited 2012-03-06 08:20:56
  • Squid: Oh, Rarity is indeed fabulous. But still, maybe not in a way well-suited for presidency.
  • HIPSTER CASUAL AUTISM!!!!

• How did the cherry salesman not fall for this? Is he gay?
  • HNNNGGGGG.....
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Fuck it, I'm gay and I'd fall for that.
  • This is maybe even more adorable:

Fluttershy is second best pony. Although I've developed a new appreciation for Pinkie lately.
    Rarity and Pinkie Pie are my favorites of the Mane 6.

• For a kid's show about brightly-coloured ponies, this scene is really hard-hitting and dark. I mean, Fluttershy gets so personal; it's like every bit of repressed anger that normal Fluttershy probably wouldn't even admit to herself that she has pours out at once.
  • edited 2012-03-06 11:22:15
  • That was mean!!! D:
    Poor Pinkie Pie and Rarity! :(
  • Also, Angel Bunny is basically Fluttershy's abusive boyfriend.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "Angel Bunny is basically Fluttershy's abusive boyfriend."
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis