My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Smile Smile Smile is the best thing Mr. Ingram has come up with so far, if you ask me.
  • I liked the way they expanded Pinkie's character in that episode.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "Smile Smile Smile" has been my favorite song of the series, so far.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^ Agreed.
  • edited 2012-02-19 19:51:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^Not for me, it isn't. I liked it but it's not that high on my list of favorite songs.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    It really was great, but I think it's funny that it's exactly the sort of diabetus-inducing sugary stuff that you'd expect from a show like My Little Pony before Faust got a handle on it. That, and the baby-talk from the last episode.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ Now I'm curious. What is your favorite song, so far?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...to be honest, I never really did put together a list. I know "Art of the Dress" would be high on it.
  • edited 2012-02-19 23:09:06
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I'd have to listen to them all again. Some of them in the second season I've heard only once.

But I've always really enjoyed Winter Wrap Up, and it's become nostalgic enough for me that I don't think later songs could replace it as my favorite even if I think one might the better song outside of that.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Smile, Smile, Smile" was great, but I don't think it beats "Winter Wrap Up", "The Art of the Dress" or "Find a Pet", which are my favourites.

I thought it was a really sweet episode and one of the best plotted so far, although I agree with Anonus about the moral.  But I liked it, on the whole.
    >best plotted
    >episode about asses
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ...I'd like to claim that was deliberate, but tbh I forgot plot even meant that.
  • Aww, in the scene where everyone's doing the Pinkie Bounce across the rooftops Bon-Bon and Lyra are together. How sweet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You know who needs her own episode? Mayor Mare.
    Good lord, I read my posts in Pinkie Pie's voice. What's wrong with me? O_O
    Thanks.
  • I just realized that this episodes cements that Pinkie Pie is basically Flash from JLU. And that makes me smile.

Although that means that, this time, people thought she'd be the one to go crazy and kill everypony, when in fact she's the pony who's stopping the rest of the mane six from becoming vicious dictators. 
  • Rarity's fascist police uniforms would be fabulous.
  • Actually, Pinkie Pie being the Flash would explain a lot of things.
  • I can't imagine Fluttershy as a vicious dictator, somehow.

Man, that fic. 

Depending on how you look at it, Fluttershy was the worst or the best of them. You could also say that about what ultimately happened to her, too.
    ...you know, even though the show has not been quite to my satisfaction lately, I'm glad the Apple Family barrage they've been doing since they came back from their end-of-2011 break seems to be stopping.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "Ummm, could you maybe kneel before me...please?"
  • edited 2012-02-20 19:37:39
    I think the very next episode is about her trying to learn to become more assertive. Maybe that training will turn her into a belligerent jerk for a while and she'll learn a lesson about friendship through all this.
    Has anyone written anything about Haruhi and company? I have this image of her getting obsessed about the show and inadvertently making a closed space replica of Equestria.
    The edited version of this scene makes even less sense than the original:

• I wonder what Fluttershy's parents are like.
    ^^Her voice doesn't fit her now. The original one sounded a lot like the one I had assigned her in my head.
    Her original voice sounded like the voice in my head, too, which is funny considering Tabitha St. Germain thought she was voicing a male character.
  • Apparently, that's just on iTunes, and not the DVDs...odd.
    I find myself wondering if they didn't edit the DVD version because they actually understand that it's not a big deal now, or because it would mean recalling all the DVDs that have already been produced.
  • ...I like the new one more.
  • The new voice is okay, but there's no way they should've edited out the name.
    The new voice is okay, but there's no way they should've edited out the name.
    They also un-derped her eyes, which seems like overkill to me.
  • edited 2012-02-25 00:44:05
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't think it was to punish her so much as because it was the only way she could be defeated at all.
  • It's different for goddesses. Or something.
  • Come on, Hasbro. I thought we were bros.
  • Next person to mention derpy drama gets made into cupcakes.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    What's this about derpy drama?
  • (*futureSpacephantom is now cupcakes*)

SEE.

I TOLD YOU.

(*Noms*)