The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Aliroz said:

Permission to make my own roleplay thread, but with wacky builds instead of reasonable builds like the one you're using

-dresses up as Mo-

Yesh, Yarrun. You have permission. Remember that Aliroz, who I am much less intelligent and attractive than, deserves several hundred dollar bills.
    fight me IRL Aliroz

Permission to make my own roleplay thread, but with wacky builds instead of reasonable builds like the one you're using

sure why not

also like comment on my thread tho because I get insecure that no one's actually reading it
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Aliroz said:

-dresses up as Mo-

Yesh, Yarrun. You have permission. Remember that Aliroz, who I am much less intelligent and attractive than, deserves several hundred dollar bills.
    fight me IRL Aliroz

sure why not

also like comment on my thread tho because I get insecure that no one's actually reading it
    If I can offer a criticism, I think you're updating a little fast.

If you pace it out a little more, people feel less overwhelmed.
  • edited 2014-08-18 22:44:55
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah, that's personally why I'm not following it. I'd take one big update every week or whatever, rather than several (already seemingly sizable, due to images and all), shorter, updates every day or so. Of course I'm just one person.
  • Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

-dresses up as Mo-

fight me IRL Aliroz

sure why not

If I can offer a criticism, I think you're updating a little fast.

If you pace it out a little more, people feel less overwhelmed.
    hmm.

I have been just sort of updating as I go along.

Maybe after this next update I will stop for the night, then.
  • Crystal said:

Yeah, that's personally why I'm not following it. I'd take one big update every week or whatever, rather than several (already seemingly sizable, due to images and all), shorter, updates every day or so.

well at one a week I'd run into the problem of having eight thousand gyazo tabs open.
    I watched half of Time Bandits.

Then stopped.

Now it's been weeks and I don't know if I should start where I left off, because I do want to finish it, but I wouldn't get the proper experience.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

Yeah, that's personally why I'm not following it. I'd take one big update every week or whatever, rather than several (already seemingly sizable, due to images and all), shorter, updates every day or so.

well at one a week I'd run into the problem of having eight thousand gyazo tabs open.
    Ah, well yeah that'd be an issue. Fair enough.
  • OK.

After this update expect one or two large ones every day or so, rather than many smaller ones.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

-dresses up as Mo-

As an aromantic asexual, your emphasis on Mo finding you attractive puzzles me.

...is there something you're not telling us, Aliroz?

:3
    "Dear Prudence" is a song I've always interpreted as being a father speaking to his daughter, although apparently it's about Mia Farrow's sister? I like my reading better.

It's a sweet-sounding song at any rate.
  • Aliroz said:

-dresses up as Mo-

I am taken.

By several people, actually.

Aliroz said:

-dresses up as Mo-

I am taken.

By several people, actually.
    Mo is so taken, Liam Neeson is carving a bloody swath through east Pennsylvania
    Awww, but Al will be crushed, Mo! What will the shippers think?!

Liam Neeson in White Middle-class Nightmare Paired With Revenge Fantasy.

P. much
    It is strange to me how many great blues singers were blind.
  • i feel

vaguely disappointed
  • Awww, but Al will be crushed, Mo! What will the shippers think?!

I guess you could say they'll be

sunk
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Don't be such an ice(berg) queen, Mo. u_u

Too soon?
  • kill living beings
    twenty five hundred words about hakutaku
  • kill living beings
    the titanic
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The joke is that I'm saying it's "too soon" to make cracks about the RMS Titanic disaster when that literally happened 100 years ago.
    Remember when every major blockbuster for a few years had to have a ghoulish reminder and show of solidarity for 9/11
  • LWLW
    edited 2014-08-19 12:10:58

Honestly, when it comes to negative TVT stuff, I tend to be in favor of trying to not think too much about it and moving on. I guess that reaction could be because I am more ashamed of/embarrassed by the posts I made there than most other people on HH are.

Anywho, sorry for rambling. On a slightly more on topic note, talking about how annoying certain people are, whether in the context of TVT or real life gossiping, bugs me.

Sometimes I feel like it is one of those pointless "making yourself seem better by putting other people down" types of activities. I understand that some people have acted in rude ways and done things (in rare cases rather awful things) they should not have done, but I think it is usually better to go through the designated disciplinary process and be done with it rather than just continue to trash people behind their backs.  
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    LW said:

Honestly, when it comes to negative TVT stuff, I tend to be in favor of trying to not think too much about it and moving on. I guess that reaction could be because I am more ashamed of/embarrassed by the posts I made there than most other people on HH are (perhaps that is a decent reason to change my username here, actually).

Anywho, sorry for rambling. On a slightly more on topic note, talking about how annoying certain people are, whether in the context of TVT or real life gossiping, bugs me.

Sometimes I feel like it is one of those pointless "making yourself seem better by putting other people down" types of activities. I understand that some people have acted in rude ways and done things (in rare cases rather awful things) they should not have done, but I think it is usually better to go through the designated disciplinary process and be done with it rather than just continue to trash people behind their backs.  

To be honest, I find conversations about old TVT stuff more tedious than anything, but I didn't really step in or say anything to this one...

I was thinking about undoing the rule about TVT drama, policy, and bans, because it's been so long since those were volatile things to discuss, though.
    Honestly, I don't really think of it in the way of gossip because it's just in the past for me. These people exist and they did things and I feel or felt a certain way about those things, but I don't really feel too strongly about them any more save for how they might continue to affect me in one way or another.
    I am not good at Five Nights At Freddys
  • Odradek said:

i was very disappointed to learn that it wasn't a dating sim
    naney said:

Odradek said:

i was very disappointed to learn that it wasn't a dating sim
    That's what I thought too, somehow.
  • kill living beings
    all games are dating sims if you just roleplay hard enough
  • all games are dating sims if you just roleplay hard enough

The Orc drops to its knees and says "I'm so glad you're here now!"

Cute orc boyfriends are so hard to come by.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I refuse to believe it's 2 in the morning already
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It is 4 AM and I cannot sleep. Therefore, I am eating handfuls of shredded cheese for breakfast and watching the YeTube.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    SPOILERED For Gay Sex: Orange Soda®
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Today looks like it's going to be a hideous thunderstorm day. But it is also $6 chicken tender Tuesday at this local barbecue chain in the shopping district, and that trumps the weather :P
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Whoa, what system is this?
  • It appears to be Silk on a black-and-white Kindle.

They might not have called it Silk, though. Might be a bit old for that nomenclature.
    Amazon Kindle

The 2011 e-ink model
    Also, it seems DOT 3 brake fluid (what most cars and light trucks in the US use) is exactly what it says it is: Low molecular weight alkyl ethers of PEG 1-3. (PS: Trade secret, my ass.)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Awww, but Al will be crushed, Mo! What will the shippers think?!

The point-missing shippers ship me with Yarrun, as in Tumblr's insistence that meaningful platonic relationships don't exist and are just a pretext for romance.

Also, as for your first thing, it's the old "Oh, but he sounds handsome" joke.
    I've hit this point where I'm like "It doesn't matter if I'm a few minutes late to work this week. What are they gonna do, fire me?"

I know this is exceptionally lazy of me but meh
  • edited 2014-08-19 09:42:15
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I've been like that every day of late x.x
    and dammit Vanilla is filtering out U+1F600
    To explain: this is my last week at my part-time job before I leave to go back to school full-time

I literally have only four days left so it's getting difficult reign in my laziness thanks to the knowledge that nothing at this point can have long-term consequences