The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also hi JZ
  • Aliroz said:

Kexruct said:

^^Awww.

... .- .. -.. / -.-. --- ..- ... .. -. / .-- .- ... / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / . -- --- - .. --- -. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- . -.. / -- -.-- / --. .-. .- -. -.. .--. .- .----. ... / -.. . .- - .... / .- / -.-. --- ..- .--. .-.. . / .-- . . -.- ... / .- --. --- .-.-.- / - .... . / -- --- ...- .. . ... / -.- .. -.- .. --..-- / - --- - --- .-. --- --..-- / .-- .... .. ... .--. . .-. / --- ..-. .-.-.- / - .... . / .... . .- .-. - / .... .- ...- . / .... . -.- .--. . -.. .-.-.- -.--.- .-.-.-
    I wish I could say something to help...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    naney said:

oh my gooooooooooooood

(*cringing into eternity*)

Can you explain for us fashion-retarded folk what's so cringeworthy?
  • naney said:

it is good to see vaporwave album cover aesthetics moving into other genres

well, I know for a fact MIA's been doing vaporwave-ish covers since before vaporwave was a Thing

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hey JZ. How are things?

I had Five Guys today. It was good. Also a billion calories, but NO MATTER
  • Everyone in my fam had Five Guys too except me because  I'd already eaten two burgers from McDonald's

so I got Moe's instead, it's in the fridge
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Perhaps not Grave of the Fireflies then. Or as I like to call it, Miyazaki's Blow Below the Belt.

That would be awful.

Like, the equivalent of Fahrenheit 451 for me, torture.
    Kexruct said:

Aliroz said:

Kexruct said:

^^Awww.

... .- .. -.. / -.-. --- ..- ... .. -. / .-- .- ... / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . .-.. -.-- / . -- --- - .. --- -. .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.. . ... - .-. --- -.-- . -.. / -- -.-- / --. .-. .- -. -.. .--. .- .----. ... / -.. . .- - .... / .- / -.-. --- ..- .--. .-.. . / .-- . . -.- ... / .- --. --- .-.-.- / - .... . / -- --- ...- .. . ... / -.- .. -.- .. --..-- / - --- - --- .-. --- --..-- / .-- .... .. ... .--. . .-. / --- ..-. .-.-.- / - .... . / .... . .- .-. - / .... .- ...- . / .... . -.- .--. . -.. .-.-.- -.--.- .-.-.-
    I wish I could say something to help...

Just remind me to write letters when the time comes, and get after me harshly if I say I have no time for writing letters.
  • kill living beings
    have you ever had a dream where
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    (2015 self)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ebc0CV470

I had this episode on video as a younger Rozzy and watched it a bunch.

This is my favorite ytp.
    moo
  • So I've recently discovered I really like the Red Hot Chili Peppers

is that incorrect
  • kill living beings
    Yes, you are mistaken. You actually don't like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • Kexruct said:

So I've recently discovered I really like the Red Hot Chili Peppers

is that incorrect
    no one ever liked them ever EVER

-hoards RHCP albums-
  • Well I just sorta get the feeling that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are Entry Level Hipster Trash on account of me liking them.
  • There was a lizard between me and my door. I, who fears no tiny lizard, strode boldy forward in order to open my door, and the lizard was freaking out, perceiving me as a threat and jumping about like a wild raving thing and I just kind of ignored it and opened my door and closed it and it was still freaking out.

I am the tiny lizard's Old One, a being beyond his comprehension with unimaginable power who is not benign, not malicious, but concerned with goals and ideas infinitely beyond the scope of his imagination. 
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    RHCP aren't really something to be embarrassed about liking. I mean, there are worse things to be than the '90s party-all-night version of Gang Of Four.

And yes, that comparison is valid: Andy Gill actually produced one of their albums - I think Freaky Styley? - and it's not half bad, if not my thing.

There was a lizard between me and my door. I, who fears no tiny lizard, strode boldy forward in order to open my door, and the lizard was freaking out, perceiving me as a threat and jumping about like a wild raving thing and I just kind of ignored it and opened my door and closed it and it was still freaking out.

I am the tiny lizard's Old One, a being beyond his comprehension with unimaginable power who is not benign, not malicious, but concerned with goals and ideas infinitely beyond the scope of his imagination. 
    ...are you in Florida right now, or do you just live near someone with a pet lizard? Or are you somewhere else with lizards?
    I'm not really too familiar with RHCP but of course I like "Under the Bridge," everybody likes that one. The cover of Mother's Milk is memorable too
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I wish that Disney really didn't own ABC and ESPN, so that they could buy Fox for real and shut down Fox News
  • The cover of Mother's Milk is memorable too

you would
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    File:RedHotChiliPepper.jpg
    (2015 self)

There was a lizard between me and my door. I, who fears no tiny lizard, strode boldy forward in order to open my door, and the lizard was freaking out, perceiving me as a threat and jumping about like a wild raving thing and I just kind of ignored it and opened my door and closed it and it was still freaking out.

Were you kind to the tiny lizard? Can you identify the lizard? Fif you get a picture?
  • edited 2014-08-13 23:44:39
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The only RCHP song I like is "Police Helicopter".

I wish more of their stuff sounded like it.
  • I like Dani California but I haven't heard much else by them
  • edited 2014-08-13 23:52:28
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I appreciate that they brought the marriage of hard funk and hard rock (back) into the public consciousness, at least in principle, because of just how insufferably un-bangin' the rhythms in alt-rock can be, but... they're not really in my wheelhouse, and it's not like their net impact was much for the better.
  • I kind of like Ozomatli who I think are somewhat similar to RHCP.
  • edited 2014-08-14 00:11:07
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm still personally undecided on John Frusciante, but I admire that almost all of his solo work seems designed specifically to alienate RHCP fans, since so many of them are "le wrong generation" types who deserve to be alienated.
    I know someone who's met him a few times through his stepfather. He's apparently a pretty cool guy.
  • john frusciante's 2 most recent albums and his project w/ vsnares are the only things i've liked from him
  • baby baby baby

chili's baby back ribs
    Yeah, when you live or stay in Florida you see geckos everywhere. They eat roaches and palmetto bugs.
  • like kafka in reverse
  • today i have consumed

a plate of leftover pasta

a pudding cup

a san pellegrino
  • There was a lizard between me and my door. I, who fears no tiny lizard, strode boldy forward in order to open my door, and the lizard was freaking out, perceiving me as a threat and jumping about like a wild raving thing and I just kind of ignored it and opened my door and closed it and it was still freaking out.

hahahaha.

btw was it this very dark brown or black kind?  i remember that i had gotten used to catching brown anoles (which are lighter in color) and was a little surprised when this darker-colored kind actually went straight to biting my finger.  seemed like a more aggressive type.
  • edited 2014-08-14 00:57:45
    http://www.npr.org/2014/08/08/338850323/kasparov-vs-deep-blue

Did Kasparov lose to Deep Blue only because he was spooked?
    Does this mean that machines need not be formally smarter, but just know how to fuck with people's heads?  Or maybe it's like a weapon triangle here...nothing is completely dominant...
  • S. Pellegrino
    oatmeal
  • edited 2014-08-14 01:46:11

The rivers of Babylon flow, and fall, and carry
    away...Jesus is alone on earth, not merely with no
    one to feel and share His agony, but with no one
    even to know of it. Heaven and He are the only ones
    to know.

Jesus is in a garden, not of delight, like the first
    Adam, who fell and took with him all
    mankind, but of agony, where He has saved
    Himself and all mankind

He suffers this anguish and abandonment in the
    horror of the night.

Jesus will be in agony until the end of the world.
    There must be no resting in the meantime.
  • why do all of the decent but inexpensive glasses sites only carry plastic frames :/
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'm oddly hungry even though I stress ate today. (Well technically yesterday, but details.) I get the feeling this isn't going to be the last time I stress eat this week. :|
  • im hungry because i barely ate at all yesterday

woo
  • ~justdepressionthings~
  • If love now reigned as it hath been
    And were rewarded as it hath sin,

Noble men then would sure ensearch
    All ways whereby they might it reach,

But envy reigneth with such disdain
    And causeth lovers outwardly to refrain,

Which puts them to more and more
    Inwardly most grievous and sore.

The fault in whom I cannot set,
    But let them tell which love doth get—

To lovers I put now sure this case:
    Which of their loves doth get them grace?

And unto them which doth it know
    Better than do I, I think it so.

and I would know. I am Henry the 8th, after all.