The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I mostly just want more good Transformers video games personally.

War For Cybertron was excellent, but apparently Dark Spark was rather lackluster.

Oh, sorry. I don't mean that Transformers the franchise is always shit - I mean I have a dedicated thread to a Transformers comic after all - but that those movies are always shit.

oh, OK.
  • Also, not coincidentally, Platinum Dunes (Michael Bay's production company) was responsible for Ninja Turtles

Someone needs to revoke their licensing abilities
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    TMNT is one of the only franchises of value that Viacom owns lock, stock and barrel, silly
  • Oh, right, forgot about that

God damn it, Paramount, be original for once
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Also Swiss Army Shredder is like the worst villain I've ever seen.

Imagine Shredder but in a big robot suit? But instead of his more reasonable bagh-nakh (short Wolverine claws) or hooks attached to his gloves, he has fucking five six-foot-by-one-foot blades that emerge from hinges on his wrists.

And he can shoot them and get them back by ~magnetism~
  • Currently downloading a roguelike-focused game maker.

A roguelike taking place in the Drink The Moon universe may exist in the distant future? Who can say.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I might play that.
  • I have good ideas at 7 in the morning after having not slept all night.
  • apparently this requires me to actually learn how to code

oi
  • naney said:

ubuntu

have 2 say i installed ubuntu and it has done everything better than windows except doesnt seem to want to run my dvd of the killing season 3
  • maaaaaan my housemate who i was gonnna be living with next year has bailed on me and now i am scrabbling around trying to find a house for me and my bf because it seems v unlikely were gonna pick up anyone to fill his space
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Holy crap, I slept for like 10 hours

I never get to do that, it felt damn good

Hopefully I'll be less overwhelmingly tired tonight though

@sunny: try installing libdvdcss2
  • edited 2014-08-13 09:10:40
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Holy crap, I slept for like 10 hours

I never get to do that, it felt damn good

Hopefully I'll be less overwhelmingly tired tonight though

@sunny: try installing libdvdcss2

You are dangerously sleep deprived on a regular basis, then.

This might be contributing to yoir awful thoughts and feelings of defectiveness.

Please tell me you will try to sleep more in the future. I worry about you.
  • thx CA i will do that
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Aliroz said:

An adult human does not require 10 hours of sleep a day. The majority of estimates stand at 7-8.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    All I know is I slept from about 10:30 at night to about 8:30 in the morning and it felt awesome to wake up at, say, 6 am and realize I could go back to sleep if I wanted.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

An adult human does not require 10 hours of sleep a day. The majority of estimates stand at 7-8.

Yeah, well, basic minimum for survival is seven to eight hours. I think it is rather healthier not to go for bare bones minimum.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

It is perfectly possible, but that would mean spending $5 for transportation. So I'd have to consider it carefully.

It would also mean surviving Five Points Station, which is often a frustrating experience.

I usually get off at Peachtree Center and just walk above ground the rest of the way to where I need to go, unless I absolutely have to connect through Five Points.
    I should clarify: the station I live near is on the blue line. So I would either have to go through Five Points or try getting off at Centennial Olympic Park station. Not a bad idea, though.
  • edited 2014-08-13 12:03:56

It is perfectly possible, but that would mean spending $5 for transportation. So I'd have to consider it carefully.

It would also mean surviving Five Points Station, which is often a frustrating experience.

I usually get off at Peachtree Center and just walk above ground the rest of the way to where I need to go, unless I absolutely have to connect through Five Points.
    I should clarify: the station I live near is on the blue line. So I would either have to go through Five Points or try getting off at Centennial Olympic Park station. Not a bad idea, though.
    Ah. Yeah, that's a little different. I mainly use the Red/Gold line, so I usually think in terms of that. I suppose if you really wanted to avoid five points, you could get off at the Georgia State station and walk to Peachtree, but that only works when you have the time to walk that distance.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I live about 25 miles out of DC, in an older suburb where the closest grocery store is a Safeway from the 1970s. (That said, it's near Potomac Mills and all the goodies there.) 

It could be worse, though. It could be much worse. I lived for 5 years in a place with no central heat, and which was a good 30 miles in any direction from anything of import. The nearest large town was Charlottesville (which was and still is a cool place), but we burned up a lot of gas in our old cars getting to and from there.
    (2015 self)
    I could be wrong about this whole sleep thing, though.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Embedded image permalink
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
    (2015 self)
    4 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 1 

4 - 3 - 2 - 5 - 8 

6 - 8 - 8 - 6 - 7 
    (2015 self)
    6 - 8 - 70 - 38 - 65 - 55 - 23 - 63 

32 - 66 - 23 - 75 - 77 - 63 - 89 - 64

39 - 72 - 79 - 99 - 85 - 51 - 26 - 84
    (2015 self)
    12 - 17 - 8 - 24 - 19 - 28 - 14 - 23 

30 - 30 - 9 - 10 - 17 - 17 - 21 - 17

13 - 12 - 24 - 3 - 7 - 18 - 18 - 11 

7 - 26 - 13 - 2 - 20 - 16 - 5 - 19 

3 - 4 - 4 - 27 - 22 - 23 - 5 - 8 

20 - 10 - 14 - 30 - 14 - 3 - 11 - 3 

30 - 22 - 14 - 14 - 22 - 27 - 15 - 25

29 - 28 - 18 - 23 - 15 - 13 - 3 - 14 
    25 - 20 - 8 - 14 - 14 - 25 - 25 - 20 
    8 - 16 - 13 - 28 - 4 - 19 - 27 - 5 
  • the world is strange and lonely and largely bereft of hugs

and belly rubs
    meow meow meow
    Today was a good day. Didn't feel miserable at work at all!

Also, I got off work at 2, but didn't get home until just now, so that kinda sucks.

But otherwise things were good!
    We may pity Mr. Molaison, but only if we have not gone to see TMNT and bought Beyond:Two Souls, in which case we are likely in the same boat.
    I always liked the treatment of "AVE" here:

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Is Wolfe Avenue named after who I think it is?

Why did you buy Beyond: Two Souls?

I didn't.

I have not bought a David Cage game since Indigo Prophecy.
  • kill living beings
    i named a function 'read', thinking i was cleverly fine since i didn't use unistd.h, but i forgot to compile in my read so it called posix's anyway
    oops

how different is your read() from POSIX's?
  • kill living beings
    entirely. i just renamed it

y u no namespace, C
    i kno rite? Namespacing is a feature I wish I actually used more in C++...
  • Guess who's out of the hospital?

Also, I have to say that I went into TMNT fully knowing that it was going to be bad, but I thought I could have fun anyway.

But I didn't have fun. I had anti-fun. I didn't regret going out because of who I was with, but I regret making that person go to see that movie and paying for that ticket.
    I'm sorry to hear that you got beaten up.

(fyi this is a joke on the juxtaposition)
  • This website is made from 100% completely recycled materials.
  • edited 2014-08-13 16:19:54

dem monotremes

Representative Paula Blumenbach (D-NSW)
  • i just realized im out in public and my wallpaper is a picture of an anthro dog in a jockstrap whoops

just gotta remember not to close firefox
  • ...y'know, i have a hard time coming up with a plausible platypus name that also sounds like a plausible human name

i went with the surname name of one of the first europeans to describe the platypus and give it a proper place in taxonomy

unfortunately that sounds very similar to slaves taking on the surnames of their masters
  • naney said:

i just realized im out in public and my wallpaper is a picture of an anthro dog in a jockstrap whoops

just gotta remember not to close firefox

change your wallpaper
  • i saw a flat on rightmove, it was a sick flat, rang up to arrange a viewing, was let an hour before i rang. dam

at least this is not as bad as the time i rang up to get a student house for 2nd year and the landlords phone was engaged, to someone else, who was taking the house.