The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• SICK SICK PEOPLE

AND HE IS THE SICKEST OF ALL OAO
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Hush, you. Don't make me punish you in a saucy manner!
  • OH NOOOOOO

(*is spaghetti*)
    *assumes the aspect of the FORK OF JUDGEMENT and twirls on a spoon*
  • oh cmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon, you did not respond to that by applying sauce! I am most sorely disappointed.
    *rubs in the sauce that clings to the bottom of the BOWL OF JUST REWARD whilst grumbling*
  • Yes much better. ^w^
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo

do you ever just
  • you wanna like shout at the screen

BRO YOUR SHOES ARE WAY TOO DAMN SMALL
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    So, anyway, this apparently happened: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289608/

Look at that voice cast. LOOK AT IT. And it was produced by Klasky-Csupo, too!
    naney said:

you wanna like shout at the screen

BRO YOUR SHOES ARE WAY TOO DAMN SMALL

never happened, no
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Klasky-Csupo had a contract to produce Ronald McDonald cartoons at one point...

I never watched them myself
    bedtime
  • kill living beings
    active sonar
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

Klasky-Csupo had a contract to produce Ronald McDonald cartoons at one point...

I never watched them myself
    The only reason I know about them at all is that Lupa (well, one of her characters, anyway) reviewed one: http://blip.tv/OLPresents/rr-visitors-from-outer-space-6489811

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What the hell, dreams

You can't just have Bobby G act like a jerk and hope I won't notice!
  • What the hell, dreams

You can't just have Bobby G act like a jerk and hope I won't notice!

I miss Tachyon
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    F92RoIP.png
  • my bf bought a jack wills jumper in a charity shop. someone pls tell me everything is going to be fine
    I want to love my neighbour not because he is I, but precisely because he is not I. I want to adore the world, not as one likes a looking-glass, because it is one’s self, but as one loves a woman, because she is entirely different. If souls are separate love is possible. If souls are united love is obviously impossible.
  • sunn wolf said:

my bf bought a jack wills jumper in a charity shop. someone pls tell me everything is going to be fine

(*the google*)

oh so basically it's the British version of Abercrombie & Fitch?

as long as it wasnt full price and isnt covered with tacky branding
  • http://m.jackwills.com/en-us/gentlemen/blazers

my god they're all cut so short! anyone buying those will feel very silly in a few years
  • on the other hand these dude's logo appears to be a pheasant with a top hat

if i were of an artistic bent i would draw it engaging in intimate relations with the Thomas Pink fox
    Odradek said:

F92RoIP.png

holy shit
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I opened a new bottle of Latuda and inside was a "SORB-IT CAN" brand desiccant

They give these things the silliest names
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    in and around the lake

mountains come out of the sky

and they stand there
    one mile over we'll be there and we'll see you
    Oh god

I'm running the Chrome 37 beta for Windows

And it finally has non-hideous text rendering!

:D
  • for a second I thought you were princessposting because I saw the number 37
    Wilhelm said:

for a second I thought you were princessposting because I saw the number 37

Heh. Can't blame you.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    skateboards have never interested me, as a method of transportation

bikes are cooler
  • Oh god

I'm running the Chrome 37 beta for Windows

And it finally has non-hideous text rendering!

:D
    yaaaaaay!
    Idea: Heaper short story club.

Once a week we read a short story available online then talk about it.
    My thoughts hurt
  • im starting another 7 hour shift in 15 minutes

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/taBEEh5Ki1c/hqdefault.jpg
  • Odradek said:

I like it
  • i wanna work at a bookstore
  • fuck yeah half-price books is hiring!!!! 83
  • the park water main broke today.

For a while we had no water at all. Now we have water, but it's unfiltered and it's gross and brown.
    life is suffering
  • edited 2014-08-09 15:12:44
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

life is suffering

Life is also peace, joy, and gratitude.

Anyways, is it wrong that I really miss the pre-1960's sense of innocence and stuff (hays code movies, the Lone Ranger radio serials, Elvis Presley being all shocking and youth-corrupting)? I know that pre-1960's was absolutely horrible, a very bigoted and awful time and all that; but yeah.

Why is it that the time of nastiness was a time of gentle, innocent fiction; and this better, more free time is a time of cynical, suspicious, fiction?
  • pre-1960s also had scary horror comics that led to the comics code, tijuana bibles, dystopic novels, and plenty of things about nuclear war paranoia
  • Well, to an extent I think you might just be idealizing the past. Ideals are fine, but don't let them cloud your view of reality. Ask yourself why the pre-1960s seemed so innocent. And the fact that pre-1960s being horrible and bigoted was, well, pretty inextricably bound to ever other aspect of the time period and can't just be ignored.

I understand your inclination, and I understand your distaste for certain aspects of modern culture, but please don't wax nostalgic for things that don't exist. Like I said, ideals are fine, but you have to recognize that they are ideals.
  • "How blessed will be the one who seizes your young children and pulverizes them against the cliff!"

i think i like this translation of this line the best
  • edited 2014-08-09 17:23:36
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I opened a new bottle of Latuda and inside was a "SORB-IT CAN" brand desiccant

They give these things the silliest names
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "SORB-IT PAK" as well.

• edited 2014-08-09 17:37:44
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Well, to an extent I think you might just be idealizing the past. Ideals are fine, but don't let them cloud your view of reality. Ask yourself why the pre-1960s seemed so innocent. And the fact that pre-1960s being horrible and bigoted was, well, pretty inextricably bound to ever other aspect of the time period and can't just be ignored.

I understand your inclination, and I understand your distaste for certain aspects of modern culture, but please don't wax nostalgic for things that don't exist. Like I said, ideals are fine, but you have to recognize that they are ideals.
    I know it wasn't innocent, and I know that the reason why the media had that innocence to it was because of censorship and stuff like the hays code.  Racism, sexism, homophobia treated as a mental illness; autism not understood; I'm not saying that it was a time I'd like to live at all; but I do kind of miss the moral simplicity and white-and-blackness of old-timey radio serials and Buck Rogers.

I don't mess the pre-1960's, I miss the sense of idealism and innocence, a gentleness and optimism that permeated a lot of the media of that time.  (Of course, those qualities were basically federally mandated rather than being the true feeling of the time or coming from the creators themselves; though).

I just really miss the idea that fictional heroes shouldn't swear or kiss for more than a specified number of seconds.  I don't at all miss the stereotypes, nationalist views, or the portrayal of women that were found in the media of those days.

I guess I just would like to see a sense of idealism, optimism, innocence and gentle simplicity but with LGBT, women, foreigners, and everyone shown as, well, people and equals.  I want a transsexual equivalent to the Lone Ranger, a hero that is always good and always saves the day while being unfailingly polite and considerate.  Sure, I know it wouldn't fly today (we want our fictional characters to have flaws); and it wouldn't fly then (because bigotry, which is awful).

I just would like to see some media with a feeling of "LGBTQ?  Awesome.  Straight? Awesome.  Autism Spectrum?  Awesome.  Neurotypical?  Awesome.  Aboriginal?  Awesome.  Black?  Awesome.  White?  Awesome.  Women?  Awesome.  Men?  Awesome.  Atheism?  Awesome.  Religion?  Awesome.  Everyone is awesome and the world is going to get better because people are basically good and the world is beautiful and amazing.".

But, well, even to me it sounds incredibly dorky and would probably come out as overly saccharine.

And, I mean, it's not like those good qualities have left us (Just look at My Neighbor Totoro, The Lego Movie, and other stuff), and, in many ways, many of the bad qualities have left us.  I guess I just want more of whatever-the-opposite-of-grimdark-is.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I want to go back and experience Golden Age Hanna-Barbera when it was new, but I have brown skin...

(also, to be honest, there are occasional episodes of Peabody's Improbable History that remind you that the Ward outfit wasn't too progressive)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Wilhelm said:

Odradek said:

I like it

• kill living beings
    fucking cliffs