The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Crystal, probably

Who else in the Heap would make dolls?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I made dolls for like a week once
  • Cortana successfully managed to tell the difference between "Hermetico" and "Talk Dirty" when I played the sampled sexophone section

Color me impressed
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

First time I've heard this. Confirms for me that as long as he is left to his own devices, Scott Walker can basically do no wrong.

And yes, I am counting his 70's albums as a "no" in that category.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    tooth.

• this is the greatest thing
    electro-gravimetric projector
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Your Fave Is Problematic: Carlton Banks

-Cultural appropiation of white people with his inability to dance
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Le racial humor
  • Trying out Duel of the Planeswalkers.

The beginner deck isn't that bad (Enlarge's is actually a nice card that I think I'll be using more often), but I can't believe they saddle you with Staff of the Wild Magus at the beginning. 3 mana for 1.3 life per turn does not a good card make. No wonder Naney was having trouble. 
  • edited 2014-06-11 10:32:53
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm reading about old car fuel injection systems, and it seem the Bosch D-Jetronic was really not much more than a couple of envelope generators triggered by a crank (or cam?) sensor on the engine, and adjusted by the usual temperature, airflow and throttle position sensors. Pretty amazing for 1968, and it's not much more complex than, say, the Ford Duraspark ignition or the Bendix analog cruise control.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

this being up at 5am needs to stop

I read that without my glasses on and kept wondering what you meant by "up at Sam"
  • show the Mo
  • i tried on that adventure time t-shirt that bunny got me for christmas or maybe my birthday and it fits nicely now
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    I Fucking love Miko
    :D
  • you can buy the new mastodon album w/ bitcoin
    there's a new mastodon album
  • you know i listened to mastodon for the first time in ages a week or two back

verdict: i like them, but not as much as i used too, wish they were heavier
  • the garbage man cometh and the garbage man taketh away
  • edited 2014-06-11 14:58:40

The nutritional value of any protein is simply the amino acids. The body converts the protein we eat down to it's base structure; the amino acid. These amino acids are then used by the body for many different things. 

Cooking protein does indeed denature the protein, but does not render it completely useless to our bodies, as there are plenty of large protein structures left in the food (if cooked right) to provide the amino acids the body needs. 

The only thing I can think of that could render something useless is cooking something all the way to a black char....

thank u non-stupid youtube comment man or lady
  • Your stomach acids denature all the proteins you consume anyway. We cook nearly all of the proteins that we eat (raw chicken, anyone?); cooking denatures proteins, but it doesn't impact significantly on our ability to digest them. If it did, we'd ALL be malnourished.

Cliffs: if you want to follow a healthy diet then that's great, but do so by getting the basics right rather than stressing over pointless crap.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

First time I've heard this. Confirms for me that as long as he is left to his own devices, Scott Walker can basically do no wrong.

And yes, I am counting his 70's albums as a "no" in that category.
    This song is jamming. Yes. :3
    @Naney: What even was the context for this? Did somebody make an anti-cooking video or something?
  • no it's a video on how to make scrambled eggs and some lady asked if cooking an egg denatures the proteins

it's a nice video btw:

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Video game fans are silly sometimes. Here is a gif

AlAa5G8.gif

This relies on a design oversite that lets enemies hit you through the fog doors that lead to the boss. It has happened to me before, although I did not get killed.

/r/DarkSouls threw a shitfit over this, because they assumed it was a dastardly propaganda attempt to discredit Dark Souls and the player must have hacked the game to make it happen.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    That was a good vid and it makes me hungry and want to cook scrambled eggs.
    ^^ lol
    The "English" ones looked delicious
  • It is not love, if love is cold to touch.
    It is not belief, when there's nothing there to trust.
    Could not submit, would never bring myself to heel.
    Determination grows, as each truth is revealed.

Torn and repaired, just to endure it all again.
    Without a reason, for my place in all this pain.
    Though well concealed, the scars they just compound.
    Until there´s nothing left of what was my former self.

My god, look at what we are now -
    without regret for all the things that we have done.

Thank you for all the doubts, and for all the questioning,
    for all the loneliness and for all the suffering.
    For all the emptiness, and the scars it left inside.
    it inspired in me, an impetus to fight.
    For the conviction, for the purpose found along.
    For the strength and courage, that in me I've never known.
    And if it seems to you, that my words are undeserved,
    I write this in gratitude for whatever good it serves.

Sometimes I wish, that you could see me now.
    In the rightful place, where I knew that I belonged.
    Sometimes I wish, that you might someday understand.
    to close the chapter, and lay to rest the past.
    But nothing would change, we make the best of what we have.
    for we are measured by the actions of our lives.
    we bide our time, let the future unfold.
    Like immortals, in great legends to be told.

My god, look at what we are now -
    without regret for all the things that we have done.

Thank you for all the doubts, and for all the questioning,
    for all the loneliness and for all the suffering.
    For all the emptiness, and the scars it left inside.
    it inspired in me, an impetus to fight.

To all who stood with me, when we stood as one.
    Thank you for guiding me, for bringing me home.
    And if it seems that I'm obliged to say these words,
    I write this in gratitude, the least that you deserve.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

Video game fans are silly sometimes. Here is a gif

AlAa5G8.gif

This relies on a design oversite that lets enemies hit you through the fog doors that lead to the boss. It has happened to me before, although I did not get killed.

/r/DarkSouls threw a shitfit over this, because they assumed it was a dastardly propaganda attempt to discredit Dark Souls and the player must have hacked the game to make it happen.
    lol dark souls
  • as i understand it r/darksouls is one long unending shitfit
    the internet is weird
    Miko said:

the internet is weird

that's a good thing though

means people like you and me fit right in
  • Miko said:

the internet is weird

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    garfield barkley
  • edited 2014-06-11 15:30:09
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I got gas this morning at Turkey Hill and the sign by the street said $3.79 per gallon

Then at the pump I scanned my Kroger card and it gave me a "$0.03" discount lowering the price to...$3.74 per gallon

I still haven't quite worked out what happened there

Maybe they changed the price to $3.77 shortly before I got there and hadn't updated the sign yet?
  • whatever, discounts are discounts

Miko said:

the internet is weird

that's a good thing though

means people like you and me fit right in
    hmm, perhaps :o
    Tre said:

whatever, discounts are discounts

but Tre

Autistic Avenue demands mathematical consistency

Who knows, maybe Lilly knows some math trick where she can make 3.79 - 0.03 = 3.74
  • I dreamed Richie Rich used some overly elaborate contraption to grow tomatoes in a matter of minutes and Princess Alice was impressed by this

"This is my new CASH crop!"
    Haven said:

I dreamed Richie Rich used some overly elaborate contraption to grow tomatoes in a matter of minutes and Princess Alice was impressed by this

"This is my new CASH crop!"
    Did I mention the bit where the tomato industry was outraged because his gadget was mass-producing expensive heirloom tomatoes and thus ruining any commercial value they had?
    That was actually part of the dream, not something I made up after the fact
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Today wasn't bad as yesterday, as a matter of fact it was rather calm.
    I ended up setting up computers in a lab, with dedicated switch n' panel >w<
    It was fun :D
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Now. It's time go get some drugs and fax to some clinic and get an appointment in physiology!