the reason is that you are a lame butt.

WELL YOU SUCK TOO.
    :3

You sexy rascal.
  • edited 2014-04-20 02:21:46
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I opened a spare battery charger I have here, and it is beyond simple. The primary goes straight into the transformer through the switch on the front (and a thermal fuse inside the transformer), and the secondary goes straight into a beefy half-wave rectifier module (which seems to be custom or extremely rare, since I can't find one like it on Mouser) and out the cord; the negative goes back to the secondary's center tap through the ammeter on the front panel.

There's no filtering at all. This means that it's OK for charging a battery or running a car stereo (the battery doesn't care about ripple and the car stereo has nice big filter caps in it), but not for powering something more sensitive.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    there was a spider on me
  • kill living beings
    Anonus said:

of what do you speak

this unit handles emergency suppression of [SPIN ICE PROJECTION]. without this unit's continued operation [SPIN ICE PROJECTION] may cause adverse medical effects to. please begin contact human operator to reestablish normal suppression protocol
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm watching the NChick's Top 10 Worst Disney Sequels and Midquels, and the interlude is, shall we say, appropriately horrible. It's this autotuned, backbeated version of "When You Wish Upon a Star" that sounds like it was sung by a Vocaloid. :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    lee4hmz said:

I'm watching the NChick's Top 10 Worst Disney Sequels and Midquels, and the interlude is, shall we say, appropriately horrible. It's this autotuned, backbeated version of "When You Wish Upon a Star" that sounds like it was sung by a Vocaloid. :P

I watched that one.

That version is indeed horrible. Horripilative, even.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

is 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure in there
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    No, but there are some doozies...
    Oh. I remember it actually being good, but I was nine when I last saw it, so...

Anyway, as for the Sonic 2 boss music:

• edited 2014-04-20 04:53:32
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    OMG, the end of the What Women Want episode. Apparently "Dance (A$$)" had the same effect on Chez Apocalypse as it did on me. :lol:

Also, look what I found:

Seriously, they should have just had Luka sing this.
  • edited 2014-04-20 04:55:49

Aliroz said:

Would I like Futari Wa Pretty Cure.

I loved Sailor Moon.

I would direct you towards Cardcaptor Sakura instead, personally.
    Depends on what you liked about Sailor Moon.

Personally, I prefer Pretty Cure.  That's not to say CCS is a bad thing, though.

I am not very familiar with CCS, but from what I've heard it uses the traditional magical girl formula where girl gets magical powers, cute mascot familiar creature, and goes and does stuff and probably has to balance school/family/social life and magical girl life and such.  Probably gets a love interest.

The Pretty Cure metaseries is probably best known for adding a lot more action to the magical girl formula.

Ironically, Sailor Moon is not as close to the traditional magical girl formula as CCS is, as far as I know.  Sailor Moon takes some influences from the hero team genre.
    So I'm gonna wean myself off of 101 now
  • Good!

Maybe pick up something more contemporary, like Adventure Time.

That sort of seems like the kind of thing you might like?

Or watch something with Centy.
    Contemporary or not, it shouldn't be mediocre "branded" semi-entertainment...

I said I can only really take AT in small doses...
  • I thought that was Tzetze who said that.

Nevermind, I suppose I misremembered.

That said, I really don't think calling Adventure Time mediocre is accurate.
    I didn't mean that AT was mediocre. It's not "branded" entertainment in that it's based on an existing franchise or set of characters, like 101 is...
    (yes, I have actually picked up lingo from the entertainment industry...even Disney referred to Marvel's characters as "branded" when they bought the company)
  •  

Lauded as a revolutionary device that'll change the way we make music forever. 

But to be more accurate, it's the power-glove: synthesizer edition. Useful for performances, and no doubt helpful to a certain subset of people, but ultimately takes more effort than just doing the same thing with standard controls.

But it's still ten times better at being the power-glove than the power-glove was, and that's worth some bit of excitement, I suppose.
    I keep wanting to watch more Pepper Ann

As for other Disney Vault shit, there's also Gargoyles
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I posted a link to the trailer a few days ago and no one cared ;_;
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Personally, I like how all the "cheat" items are something people in Gensokyo can actually do already.
  • i am freshly bathed and the sun is shining bright ^w^
  • You know it occurred to me that I misspoke the other day.

Me not going camping wasn't ever going to prevent my mother from going; if that was the issue I definitely would have gone. She was going either way.
  • I clarified this two days late so I wouldn't seem like an immature little prick.
    I love the Power Glove, it's so bad
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

A few days ago I was with Pyrid but... I still am. ^_^
    Are you having fun

Miko said:

A few days ago I was with Pyrid but... I still am. ^_^
    So Pyryd is more important than Touhou to you? You're not le true hardcore gamer
    Pyryd is a Touhou
    Okay, the description cut at the beginning of "Top 10 'Hottest' Animated Guys" (to Todd, in front of his computer, chowing down on Hot Pockets and singing along to "California Gurls") is one of the funniest things I've ever seen the NChick do. :D
    420 BLAZE IT
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do you really care about people using paper plates? I could probably name 10 things I do (or you do) that are much more wasteful.

Yes I do. They're ridiculous and you have to be incredibly lazy to use them regularly. I really don't care how much of a "penny pincher" you say you are.

My main problem with them is the whole attitude that comes with using them. In my mind, they are the pinnacle of American consumerist laziness. Absolutely zero thought going into the consequence of using them, and people only use them to save the 10 seconds or so it would have taken to wash a plate instead. They are a needless expense, and needlessly wasteful. The type of person to regularly use paper plates is the same type of person that needs the largest trash can available for weekly pickup despite leaving alone or with one other person. They're just unnecessary and thoughtless.
    Man, goons choose the weirdest things to rage about.
  • Do you really care about people using paper plates? I could probably name 10 things I do (or you do) that are much more wasteful.

Yes I do. They're ridiculous and you have to be incredibly lazy to use them regularly. I really don't care how much of a "penny pincher" you say you are.

My main problem with them is the whole attitude that comes with using them. In my mind, they are the pinnacle of American consumerist laziness. Absolutely zero thought going into the consequence of using them, and people only use them to save the 10 seconds or so it would have taken to wash a plate instead. They are a needless expense, and needlessly wasteful. The type of person to regularly use paper plates is the same type of person that needs the largest trash can available for weekly pickup despite leaving alone or with one other person. They're just unnecessary and thoughtless.

i would never invest like a full paragraph into this topic but i agree with the sentiments expressed here

that said paper plates are cool if you're having a picnic or something
    Or if it's a day when the sink is full and you don't feel like doing dishes. It happens, and I don't think anyone's going to cry about 4 or 5 paper pates getting thrown out. (Now, if they're plastic plates, then yeah, wash and reuse those!)
  • Do you really care about people using paper plates? I could probably name 10 things I do (or you do) that are much more wasteful.

i would never invest like a full paragraph into this topic but i agree with the sentiments expressed here
    yeah but do you? Really?

are paper plates, by themselves, genuinely enough to set you off?

• yeah but do you? Really?

are paper plates, by themselves, genuinely enough to set you off?

i would never invest like a full paragraph into this topic

so no.

though i would agree that they're kinda wasteful/lazy

that's all
  • plus they're just not very aesthetically pleasing
  • i only get paid if i survive

and i like getting paid
  • edited 2014-04-20 14:42:34

get compostable paper plates, so you can at least be environmentally friendly
  • But like

you can recycle paper plates?

this is true

but then you're still wasting all the energy needed to transport the plates and whatnot

which is not a big deal  suppose.

the aesthetic concerns still stand tho
  • But like

you can recycle paper plates?

this is true

but then you're still wasting all the energy needed to transport the plates and whatnot

which is not a big deal  suppose.

the aesthetic concerns still stand tho
    the bigger concern is that it's generally not actually cheaper to buy paper plates since you'll usually spend more in the long run replacing them than you would just buying regular plastic or ceramic plates.