The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bleh, i'm in that mood again where i feel like i'm "missing out" by not living in new york city
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    DANNY!  Don't take out your moop on HH!
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:06:01
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ Greg Saunier has co-produced most of their albums, actually. They have also collaborated with Larsen, and Jamie Stewart has opened solo for Swans.

^^ New York is overrated and expensive.
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:06:22
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Argh, every time I read about what Top Gear thinks of the Prius, I get upset.They almost seem offended that it's not a overmuscled exotic: I noticed they weren't too happy about the Tesla, either, despite it being much faster than the Prius. And that stunt they did where they "proved" the Prius was a scam? Yeah, I get the feeling hypermiling was involved. The thing about the Prius is that you can drive it normally and get decent mileage, whereas a normal car has to be driven a certain way to match it.

I guess anything that doesn't roar like Bullitt's 'Stang shouldn't exist, right?
  • Saint Paul is better than New York in every conceivable way.
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-02-16 02:07:29
    Tachyon said:

DANNY!  Don't take out your moop on HH!

Yeah, sorry, man. I've been taking moop management classes.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Miko still hasn't tried to become the world record speedrunner in Spelunky so idk about that Imi.

hmm, I seem to recall this game having a scoring system, so I would be more likely to aim for maxing out the score. ^_^
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    (Note: When I say "New York," I am more talking about Manhattan and Brooklyn than, say, Queens or The Bronx.)
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Making another walkthrough video I guess.
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:21:24
    We can do anything if we do it together.

^^^ Greg Saunier has co-produced most of their albums, actually. They have also collaborated with Larsen, and Jamie Stewart has opened solo for Swans.

Greg Saunier has apparently produced a Danielson album, too. Steve Albini is another guy to have produced Danielson. 

All of these art-rock bands are insanely inter-connected. It's kinda mind-blowing when you really think about it.
  • Funnily enough I actually just caught up on BW today

Danny is still me forever and always, even if he does hopelessly cling onto dead children made of jam.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I just wish I lived in a massive city is all

And since New York is the massivest I tend to default to it

Greg Saunier has apparently produced a Danielson album, too. Steve Albini is another guy to have produced Danielson. 

All of these art-rock bands are insanely inter-connected. It's kinda mind-blowing when you really think about it.
    Indeed. And now Annie Clark and Annie Anxiety both being on the new Swans album have made the world even tinier. I can now put most of the English industrial scene and most of the Tooth and Nail roster within shouting distance.
    looking at pictures of Anonus makes me smile
    And looking at pictures of Naney makes me smile.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Admittedly, I sometimes think of what SFS might look like once she completes HRT, and those thoughts make me smile.
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    pictures of Tre make me smile

damn, what a fine piece of ass
    Quip said:

pictures of Tre make me smile

damn, what a fine piece of ass
    Quip confirmed for one of those confounded pervosexuals.
    I would like to mention that the transgender thread on SA is excellent and helpful and better than anything on TVT and I tried to start a similar trans thread here but I think it was not popular, ironically.
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:40:22
    ^^ Again: SA is not a monolith.

Nor is TVT.

Or this site, really.

^ Indeed...
    Chef and Waiterman was better before Chef decided to be a Nostalgia Critic ripoff
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

No, Tokyo's the massivest. :P
    Anonus said:

Mexico City, Mumbai and Beijing are the biggest, if I am not mistaken.
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:48:46
    I hear so many people say stuff like "oh well Trayvon was a punk." Well you know what? Even if he was, he didn't deserve to be shot. He has every fucking right to be a punk when he's seventeen years old without getting shot.
  • edited 2014-02-16 02:46:24
    Wait, I am apparently wrong! Tokyo is somehow even bigger! Wow!

^ People who say that should put themselves in his shoes. If they can't, then fuck 'em.
    Miko said:

better than anything on TVT

i know ragging on tvt got old a long time ago, but that still isn't saying much
  • Anonus said:

Nope!

Kexruct said:

I hear so many people say stuff like "oh well Trayvon was a punk." Well you know what? Even if he was, he didn't deserve to be shot. He has every fucking right to be a punk when he's seventeen years old without getting shot.

Quite.

i was disturbed to learn that most gun violence is committed by people with no previous criminal record who lost their tempers, rather than gangsters or spree killers or whatever
  • Tachyon said:

Miko said:

better than anything on TVT

i know ragging on tvt got old a long time ago, but that still isn't saying much
    I learned a lot about LGBT stuff on TvTropes. Particular emphasis on the T. In fact, the majority of what I know about it came from there.
    I didn't learn much that was useful. Actually, I didn't learn much at all.
    Fair enough

still seems an odd benchmark for website quality
    i learned quite a lot from tvt, but not all that much about transgender people that i can recall
    Kexruct said:

Anonus said:

Nope!

Uh, I already said that...
    Anywho, I'm out, ladies and gents and assorted candies.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna head off to bed, too.

Night, everybody.
  • I was saying that Tokyo was waaaaay down at #17.
  • Oh hey it's 3am.

That's what happens when you pass out at six, I guess.
    bye Sredni, Section
    Good night Section, Sredni.

True, there are a lot of shitty extensions that tend to install themselves, especially on Windows, but let's not pretend that Google having ultimate control over extensions wasn't an intentional "side effect" here
    Google making stupid unwanted changes to popular products

free services so you feel bad about complaining
  • Good night Section, Sredni.

True, there are a lot of shitty extensions that tend to install themselves, especially on Windows, but let's not pretend that Google having ultimate control over extensions wasn't an intentional "side effect" here
    siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I really wish Google wasn't so dominant. I feel like something should be done about it.
  • oh no google is taking over the world
    well no obviously not

but it's still kind of shitty
  • Kexruct said:

Good night Section, Sredni.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I really wish Google wasn't so dominant.
    stop kinkshaming
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Provided that Sredni doesn't threadhop: I was going by land area, not population...
  • Anonus said:

Provided that Sredni doesn't threadhop: I was going by land area, not population...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_largest_cities
    vaguely curious about the 'more'
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh, something I wanted to mention a few days ago, but forgot about: I read an article someplace that said people are getting frustrated at the store because, well: