The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Well, to be fair to them, the game industry IS a relatively unstable industry.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Steam Autumn/TotallyNotThanksgiving Sale has started.
  • I honestly don't care about stability, I just want something I find fulfilling.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

Nelvana why :<
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I don't get it...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    THey have been playing Christmas songs, and only Christmas songs (as in, no songs that are not Christmas songs) on the radio since September first, the day it started snowing and they don't play non-christmas songs until the snow goes away, which, with luck, will be before June.

I'm one of those people for whom Christmas is only a thing of December 23, 24, and 25; and which should be a spiritual thing.  I love giving gifts, though; but I hate all these commercials and jingles.  Why yes, I do believe I have heard "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" before, and my quota for listening to that song is once in a lifetime.

They never ever ever play Feliz Navidad on the radio, which is a shame because I actually love that song.

I HATE ALL YOU PEOPLE.  YOU COMPLAIN THAT IT ISN'T SNOWING AND THEN IT SNOWS, AND THEN YOU COMPLAIN WHEN IT KEEPS SNOWING THROUGH JULY.  THIS IS YOUR FRIGGING FAULT, PEOPLE.  YOU WANTED THIS SNOW, YOU DON'T GET TO COMPLAIN.  I NEVER WANTED IT, SO I GET TO COMPLAIN.

Yeah, your desire and prayers for snow lead to my valley having winter, which is basically "No Going Outside between September And Mid-March unless you want to breathe air that is equivalent to second-hand-smoke".

Look, I have to put up with negative Sixty Celsius temperatures around the solstice.

You people don't get to complain when the snow isn't higher than your head and it's not even -20 fahrenheit outside.  You jerks are the ones that summon the winter.

(Actually, I like the song Jingle Bells, and have never minded it.  All other songs, I have a limited tolerance for).

SO, YEAH, YOU PEOPLE WHO WANT SNOW ARE NUMBER THREE ON MY PEOPLE I NEED TO KICK WITH A STEEL-TOED BOOT LIST; RIGHT AFTER PROTESTERS AND DESCRIPTIVISTS.
  • I kind of like snow.

But just for a day or so.

I can say this without fear because I've ordered King's Shadow and Aliroz wouldn't kick me before I get to read it.

Also, y'all be terrible guessers.
    (2015 self)
    But hey, I'll listen to christmas songs twenty-eight hours a day, eight days a week, thirty-five days a month from September to the beginning of June if it means they stop playing "Pinkariffic" on the radio.

That song, the fast high bells and ringing, the sounds of it, I can't describe what it is to my very sensitive ears.  You people tend not to hear anything, not the lightbulbs buzzing, not the words in the next house over, not anything except loud noises and noises that aren't constant.  I envy you people your deafness to that ninety-eight per-cent of sound.

Sorry, I'm off meds (shipment comes in mid-december); and they usually dull my senses so I am less aware and don't hear things like other people's heartbeats or the sound of people blinking.  Stupid NLD hypersensitivity to everything in all the senses.  TOO MUCH STIMULATION, FAR TOO MUCH; I CAN'T BLOCK IT OUT.  I can't ignore things, if there is sound where I am, I hear it.  Twelve people simultaneously talking in a room, I hear every word, every single voice, I can't ignore things, I can't not hear things unless I'm on my meds or I have earplugs. 

At least I have my sunglasses and I've dirtied my glasses so I don't overstimulate my eyes.  No, mom, I am not going to clean these.  Not until my meds come in.  Wearing gloves inside so my hands don't go all I FEEL EVERYTHING.  Breathing through mouth so as to not smell stuff.  Drinking water (which I hate) to dull the taste that I taste when I don't taste anything (everyone has a different automatic taste that they taste when they don't taste anything, like when they sleep.).

Basically, no dad, I am not going to take a shower.  That gives me overstimulation even when I'm on-meds.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

They never ever ever play Feliz Navidad on the radio, which is a shame because I actually love that song.

What is UP my feliz navidad loving sibling in spirit.
    (2015 self)

I kind of like snow.

But just for a day or so.

I can say this without fear because I've ordered King's Shadow and Aliroz wouldn't kick me before I get to read it.

Also, y'all be terrible guessers.

-last second kick deflection-

You win this time, Yarrun.
  • Aliroz, you realize that you are basically a low-level Marvel mutant, right?

I know that this is suffering for you, but it's also kind of cool.
  • edited 2013-11-27 17:59:56
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Wait, there's two of us?

BRO, where have you been all my life!

Aliroz, you realize that you are basically a low-level Marvel mutant, right?

I know that this is suffering for you, but it's also kind of cool.

I'm actually kind of low-sensitivity on the NLD spectrum (emphasis on those last four words).  The more highly sensitive NLDers can react really badly to polyester or other fabrics (panic attacks, absolute misery); some kids have been known to tear off bits of skin in their haste to get an irritating shirt off.  For them, it's like if someone put poison ivy all over a shirt and then made you wear it.   The legend of Hercules being killed by a garment covered in Centaur's Blood may have its origins in something that really happened to a Greek NLDer thousands of years ago.

I don't have any abnormal reactions to textures or fabrics, and I take being in crowds a lot better than many other NLDers.

If I was a more highly-sensitive NLDer, it might be polyester shirts that I hate instead of Almond Ice Cream.

Also, I am okay with being touched, which is a massive blessing that is given to far too few NLDers.  Poor kids, I just want to hug them, except not.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Kexruct said:

Look, I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything, but Miko, could you please quit it with the "omg zelda is so easy only someone who sucks at games would die in a zelda game" thing? I know you're not trying to insult me but it's honestly kind of difficult for me to see it any other way. The fact that you're saying it like every other day doesn't really help.

lol @ u think its offensive
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

Kexruct said:

Look, I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything, but Miko, could you please quit it with the "omg zelda is so easy only someone who sucks at games would die in a zelda game" thing? I know you're not trying to insult me but it's honestly kind of difficult for me to see it any other way. The fact that you're saying it like every other day doesn't really help.

lol @ u think its offensive
    Not funny, Miko. 
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    like really I watch vids and I can say what I want about them and I will only stop if Big Bro Pillows tells me to stop :D
    im sorry but its not my fault you think gaming is a contest u_u
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    nor is it his fault you treat it like one
  • edited 2013-11-27 18:01:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Miko, please, lay off Kexruct.
    N U R D S
    ^^ okee
    also if somebody finds something offensive laughing at them is kind of obnoxious in any case
  • The sadness will last forever.
    daves
    also what the hell did protestors or descriptivists do to deserve getting kicked, wow
    I literally will never take gaming-related politics seriously, ever. To me it is literally a huge and kind of sad joke.
    chompa chompa chompa chompa im pac man
    politics is a terrible joke
    why is it ok to be an asshole to people over the internet

why is it ok to forget there's a flesh-and-blood human being behind the accounts you're being a dick to

i realize i sound like a whiny bitch here but seriously, it's just a needlessly unpleasant way to act
    50 cent

politics is a terrible joke

Yes. :)
    Tachyon said:

why is it ok to forget there's a flesh-and-blood human being behind the accounts you're being a dick to

i realize i sound like a whiny bitch here but seriously, it's just a needlessly unpleasant way to act

I will leave this thread for a while because I sense this is about to get really stupid and heated and awful again but ummmm no one would tell me irl that I'm hurting their feelings by whining about sloppy gameplay in a video.
    ok Miko, look at it this way

suppose there's something that you enjoy doing but aren't very good at

like i don't know, suppose you like playing the guitar for fun, you'd probably be aware that lots of people were better at it than you, but not care very much

and then suppose somebody whose passion is to be the ZOMG BEST GUITARIST OF ALL TIME comes along and is like, 'wow, you are shit at this, you play like a baby'

and says that not once but like once every few days
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Aliroz said:

This is my favorite version of "Feliz Navidad":

Miko said:

Tachyon said:

I will leave this thread for a while because I sense this is about to get really stupid and heated and awful again but ummmm no one would tell me irl that I'm hurting their feelings by whining about sloppy gameplay in a video.
    no but that's not all you were doing, and you know it
  • edited 2013-11-27 18:11:37
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    also gleefully antagonizing people and then calling people stupid and flouncing because you got called out is not very mature
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

also what the hell did protestors or descriptivists do to deserve getting kicked, wow

I don't like protesters.  They hold signs.  Signs.  With ALLCAPS WORDS THAT ARE TOO BIG on them.  Also, they yell and care deeply about things, they chant words and glare at you. 

I am opposed to opposing things.  I protest protesters.  I am going to take a stand against taking stands against things.  I'm going to buy all the world's land and make it my private property so nobody can protest anymore.  Some people are scared of things like the number thirteen; so why can't there be an irrational fear of protesters (note: in all seriousness, I'm not mad at all protesters, just the ones who protest my religion.  I don't care if you're doing it all peaceful-like, I just wanna go to church without you guys blocking the whole sidewalk.  This is my sidewalk.  I drew on it when I was four, and I threw up on it when I was two.  Did you throw up on my sidewalk?  No.  I did.  That's why it' mine. [sub-note:  in all seriousness, I really did throw up on the sidewalk when I was two, but I do not believe in ownership by vomit {sub-sub note:  in all seriousness, ownership by vomit is a good name for a rock band}]).

And descriptivists are too nice and friendly.  They aren't even mean enough for us Presecriptivists to really resent them for crushing our dreams and humiliating us and proving us wrong and having all the authorities on their side and making us feel like absolute stupid crap and -cries- but they're so nice I can't hate them.
    (2015 self)

You know why they call it dove soap?  Because it is made out of the legs and eyes of doves.  That's why the dove in the logo has no legs or eyes.
    (2015 self)
    Miko, I love having you around and I enjoy your posts.

I would enjoy them even more if you'd lay off on the aforementioned flouncing and other things Tachyon pointed out.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Aliroz said:

You know why they call it dove soap?  Because it is made out of the legs and eyes of doves.  That's why the dove in the logo has no legs or eyes.

And Ivory soap is made from elephants. Not from the ivory, but from the entire rest of the elephant after the ivory's been taken. Ivory soap is big on irony.
    david tennant 
  • edited 2013-11-27 18:19:33
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Aliroz said:

in all seriousness, I'm not mad at all protesters, just the ones who protest my religion.  I don't care if you're doing it all peaceful-like, I just wanna go to church without you guys blocking the whole sidewalk.

Ah.

If they're blocking the sidewalk and waving signs at you when you're just trying to get to church in peace, no wonder you don't like them.
    Aliroz said:

ownership by vomit is a good name for a rock band

Agreed. :)
    Aliroz said:

And descriptivists are too nice and friendly.  They aren't even mean enough for us Presecriptivists to really resent them for crushing our dreams and humiliating us and proving us wrong and having all the authorities on their side and making us feel like absolute stupid crap and -cries- but they're so nice I can't hate them.

i don't think descriptivists generally humiliate prescriptivists, nor that they have all the authorities on their side.

Like i've said before, i don't think descriptivism and prescriptivism are mutually exclusive anyway. i could reasonably describe myself as holding both descriptivist and prescriptivist views.
    hermithood
    But all that aside, i'm sorry descriptivism makes you feel bad.

i mean, i don't think it's wrong and i don't understand your dislike for it, but when i've defended it in the past i definitely wasn't trying to make you feel bad.
    unleashed rage
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Deathbunneh
    (2015 self)

William Hakro

Patrick Dekamay

John Y'are

Tom Chusku

Peter Peseghaty

Colin Socta

Sylvester Akaratchi

Paul Kabynthian

Christopher sankau

david tennant 

Matt Odinnadtsatyy

and

Spoiler:
    Peter Mahtlactli omome

http://www.zompist.com/numbers.htm

numbers in many languages. This site is invaluable. If you want to wordbuild and get neat names for numbers, use this.
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Whoah, there's two of us!

BRO, where have you been my entire life!