The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    hug a horse
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    yeah, uh huh, you know what i read
    dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa
    yeah, uh huh, you know what i read
    dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa dangan ronpa
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Miko said:

SMT II, no fusion, recruitment only. Go.

hmm, that sounds challenging. Is it something you would do? :o Kind of like that four-white-mages FF game you did? ^_^
    neato :)
    :O
    i suck cocks for a living
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that's not safe for vanilla, so you will have to go to jail
    alcohol and meds, if only they went together well :<
    i thought you stopped drinking?
    Tachyon said:

that's not safe for vanilla, so you will have to go to jail

aww, but there's no Pyridrym in there! >:|
    Tachyon said:

i thought you stopped drinking?

i did
    oh, right

sorry
    candy
  • What exactly is the difference between "non-conceptual" and "conceptual"?
    Tachyon said:

beating a dead horse on lunatic

I lol'd
  • I just bought my way into the Arena in Hearthstone with real money (I am a terrible person who is enabling shady business practices, I know), and I won my first game! Hopefully that means I'm getting better.

It felt extra good too because it was one of those guys who spams the taunt button the entire time he's playing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I can't wait til Oancitizen reviews Beyond The Black Rainbow so I can know how to feel about it.

Only partially a joke
  • Why the frig are Xbox 360 controllers so expensive

Gamestop didn't have any used ones under $21 dollars. I could buy a standalone Wiimote for $20 in 2009.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Why the frig are Xbox 360 controllers so expensive

Gamestop didn't have any used ones under $21 dollars. I could buy a standalone Wiimote for $20 in 2009.
    Cheaper than PS3 controllers. :P
  • edited 2013-11-27 15:23:11
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    congrats, Mo

@glennmagusharvey not sure about the specific definition in the context of Hegelianism, but in general a concept is something that is recognized, understood, and can be assigned a predicate, the non-conceptual is therefore that which we cannot name or interpret

disclaimer: i don't really understand Hegel (i probably should, given that i'm expected to understand people who were influenced by him, but i don't) so it's possible the term has a more specialized sense in this context; i'm guessing reality understood as a concrete universal might itself be considered a conceptual framework but i'm not sure ^_^;

am i close, Odradek?

I just bought my way into the Arena in Hearthstone with real money (I am a terrible person who is enabling shady business practices, I know), and I won my first game! Hopefully that means I'm getting better.

It felt extra good too because it was one of those guys who spams the taunt button the entire time he's playing.

Why is there a taunt button in a card game?
    was it Pillows?
    Hmm... was it the Archangel Lucifer, prior to the Fall?
    Was it Joseph McCarthy?
    oh, wait, i know!

was it this guy?
    Concepts are general rules for making judgements. They are subject to rational norms of correction, and justification. Since the 20th century, philosophers have understood a conceptual structure to be intimately tied up with a language.

To give an example, a human can be said to have mastery of the concept "red" but a machine that beeps when it receives red wavelengths of light or a parrot trained to say "red" are not. The difference is that a human can revise their opinion if given new information about optical illusions, defend it's belief, understand what red entails such as that a completely red object cannot be said to be gray, and must be said to be colored. A machine cannot, as of yet, do this, but might be able to in the future.
  • I just bought my way into the Arena in Hearthstone with real money (I am a terrible person who is enabling shady business practices, I know), and I won my first game! Hopefully that means I'm getting better.

it is part of the extremely limited chat system, not unlike gestures in Dark Souls.

You use them by right clicking your hero, there are six (Greeting, Well Played, Oops, Sorry, Taunt/Threaten, and Thanks. Of these, most are usable sarcastically).

People tend to complain it's hard to shit-talk their opponents, which tells you a lot about the Blizzard fanbase.

Relevant.
    i was completely wrong :o

thanks for the explanation, Myr
  • "Yarrrr" is a pirate word that means "Greetings, milord."
    Hearthstone flavor text is really good.
  • Look, I don't want to beat a dead horse or anything, but Miko, could you please quit it with the "omg zelda is so easy only someone who sucks at games would die in a zelda game" thing? I know you're not trying to insult me but it's honestly kind of difficult for me to see it any other way. The fact that you're saying it like every other day doesn't really help.

it is part of the extremely limited chat system, not unlike gestures in Dark Souls.

You use them by right clicking your hero, there are six (Greeting, Well Played, Oops, Sorry, Taunt/Threaten, and Thanks. Of these, most are usable sarcastically).

People tend to complain it's hard to shit-talk their opponents, which tells you a lot about the Blizzard fanbase.
    Amusing, as is the flavor text.

I'm going to associate Yarr with myself forever now. Man, I didn't even like that nickname to begin with.
  • I don't want to cause drama but I also don't want to wait until the next time she says it.
    This and my previous post are probably the closest the internet has come to Hegel rule 34 yet
  • Tachyon said:

oh, wait, i know!

was it this guy?

An awesome snake
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Me: writes huge rant and considers posting it despite fearing that it would bother people

Shoulder Yarrun: Post it, scaly one. You don't need to be afraid of your own thoughts, and not everyone secretly hates you. You aren't going to get banned. Besides, its not like this is the first time you did stuff like this, and you're still an integral member of this heaping community. We know that every once in a while you go crazy. You're a better person than you think you are, and you're not going to get in trouble.

Shoulder Shichibukai: Don't post it, buddy. This is November and you tend to go crazy in November and write extremely irrational rants that you end up regretting. Rene,Ber the last few times? Wait for the next shipment of your meds. Also, remember the other times you expressed opinions you knew would get in trouble? No matter how much you are accepted in a place, offending opinions = ban.

Me: hmm. I know! Nornagest is the most clear thinking, reasonable person I know! He's maturity incarnate. I'll ask him.

Shoulder Nornagest: Oh, I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves! I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves and this is how it-HEY. Do you mind?!! I'm in the bath.

Me: ...

No wonder I take meds. Oh, also, I'm wearing my shirt backwards.
    (2015 self)
    That snake is so amazing.
  • What even is that snake?
  • edited 2013-11-27 16:08:53
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

What even is that snake?

Atheris hispida, I think. It's definitely a viper of some kind at any rate.
    (2015 self)
    I has pomegranate. I has eats pomegranate. I has joy.
    "No political leader has suffered a persecution such as I have lived through" - Silvio Berlusconi, on being ousted from parliament for being a tax fraud.
  • Urgh. Even being around the relatives I like can be a downer.

My uncle, the cool one, just drilled me for being passive and not knowing about what I'll do about college.

Sigh.
  • Of course I could never ever ever ever ever tell my relatives that what I really want to do is work in the game industry. Apparently they want me to be a lawyer or a doctor or something. I've been told this since I was like thirteen, probably younger.
    (2015 self)
    I think you're being too hard on yourself, Tucker.
  • I don't think so. I think they're being too hard on me, tbh. Just a shame that I can only control how hard I am on myself.
  • edited 2013-11-27 16:39:50
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Of course I could never ever ever ever ever tell my relatives that what I really want to do is work in the game industry. Apparently they want me to be a lawyer or a doctor or something. I've been told this since I was like thirteen, probably younger.

say that you want to study computing and computer coding, with regards to input-sensitive programs. They'll never catch on.
    (2015 self)
    I meant with the calling yourself a downer, that's too hard on you.
  • No, I was just saying that being around them can be a downer.
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

No, I was just saying that being around them can be a downer.

Oh.

Yeah, they are too hard on you.