The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• It's snowing here now, actually.

I'm at McDonald's btw. Ma has elected to let me skip class, but I still have to go sign up for my classes next semester.
  • Shit, I need to figure out my class selections for next semester.

Which means I need to finish writing this e-mail to my advisor.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's not snowing here

it's just horrible and depressing and grey
  • Greetings from warm and partly sunny Broward County, Florida.
  • edited 2013-11-26 11:24:03
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    it's just horrible and depressing and grey

Showing results for
    Ohio 90% of the time
    Search instead for Wales
  • edited 2013-11-26 11:24:16
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it was really sunny yesterday

yay British weather

^ heh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anyway, I think I'm going to be able to go to class, but it's going to be a pain.

Sigh.
    how heavy is it?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's not too bad--it looks like it's only an inch or two so far--but it's going to be enough that I'll have to drive more slowly on the way there.
    ah

be safe
    Thanks
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it is snowing and I dislike this

YNTKT
    *deposits a truckload of grit on Pillows' street*

i'm helping!
    uh, thanks.

Fortunately, I don't have to go anywhere today. I can just sit in my warm room and be a useless piece of shit all day and play maybe a game or two
    watch out for stairs
    I will

thanks for telling me
    oh man I can hardly wait

it'll probably be murderously hard, but still
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Why do vampires get to be portrayed as heroic but leeches, tapeworms, and mosquitoes don't? Is it one of those, "if it doesn't have a face I can't relate to it" things?

Also, why are herbivores so often the Good Guys in media when they eat plants? Plants hate being eaten. Is it one of those, "if it does not have a face I can't relate to it" things?

Also, we need more period pieces about slime molds, like, the story of a slimemold in the time of Louis XIV; but we don't have those stories. Is it one of those, "if it doesn't have a face I can't relate to it" things?
    i think it might be a combination of that and 'if it does not have a brain i can't relate to it', where plants are concerned

and the robot undead cockroach army will rise and conquer all, just you wait
    btw the reason there exist no period pieces about slimemolds in the time of Louis XIV is because you haven't written any yet
  • edited 2013-11-26 11:57:27
    The salting is bad for the ground and the fishes in the streams
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    EvlStrs x15 appeared!
    EvlStrs used Daunt!
    Robot started panicking!
    Robot calmed down from her panic!
    Robot used Flttn!
    9999 Damage!
    EvlStrs defeated!
    You gained 500 exp!
    Robot gained a lvl!
    (2015 self)
    Look at little Central, thinking that Ohio is cold and in a bad winter.

May you never see a real winter, my friend.
    I'm thinking about Centralia's law enforcement again

I figure a country where magic is commonplace ought to have a special squad of police officers who are authorized to use magic on the job
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

Why do vampires get to be portrayed as heroic but leeches, tapeworms, and mosquitoes don't? Is it one of those, "if it doesn't have a face I can't relate to it" things?

Also, why are herbivores so often the Good Guys in media when they eat plants? Plants hate being eaten. Is it one of those, "if it does not have a face I can't relate to it" things?

Also, we need more period pieces about slime molds, like, the story of a slimemold in the time of Louis XIV; but we don't have those stories. Is it one of those, "if it doesn't have a face I can't relate to it" things?

Aliroz said:

Look at little Central, thinking that Ohio is cold and in a bad winter.

May you never see a real winter, my friend.

Ah, nah, I know this is lightweight stuff. Even by Ohio standards, really.

I just like bitching about the weather. :P
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

btw the reason there exist no period pieces about slimemolds in the time of Louis XIV is because you haven't written any yet

That's because I'm busy with my story about slime molds on the time of Louis XIII; who had a better dental set than most humans, though, really, us Pseudosuchians and sharks find human teeth numbers to be absolutely adorable.
  • my SPACE HEATER has DIED
    manliest Mario......thing......ever
    Mario: The Adventure of Mario.
    Things I can't stand: people who complain about "having to" travel for holidays

FUCK YOU AT LEAST YOU GET TO TRAVEL
    (2015 self)

Things I can't stand: people who complain about "having to" travel for holidays

FUCK YOU AT LEAST YOU GET TO TRAVEL

Person sunu Skycandle: "I had to go to North Korea over the holidays."

Central: NO COMPLAINING YOU GET TO TRAVEL.

road trip
    The Hero of Twilight is the descendant of the Hero of Time and Malon, yet the Hero of Trains is not the descendant of the Hero of Winds. Riddle me that.
    Her Royal Highness's Bureau of Magic Affairs
    The Hero of Shitposting
  • What are current relations between Her Royal Highness's Bureau of Magic Affairs and the Inter-Dimensional Time-Space Administration Bureau?
    We're cooler than them, that's what. ^_^

Or not, actually. Being a government agency, we're kind of...bureaucratic.

But we get Dodge vehicles that say "HRH MAGIC AFFAIRS" on the side!
  • That arrangement sounds kinda dodgey to me
    Time is not bureaucratic

she does what she wants
    Time is basically the prime example of bureaucracy. Slow when it needs to be fast, fast when it needs to be slow, and always moving at its own pace.
  • gratuitous sidechaining
    Apparently the next version of Firefox is gonna put all NPAPI plugins behind a Flashblock-esque "click to play" thing...except for the latest version of Flash Player.

For god's sake, Mozilla, if you're gonna try to join Google in their quest to kill browser plugins, at least do it fairly. Don't give preferential treatment to the one plugin that remains as pervasive as ever and needs to die a painful death.
    She sells seashells by the seashore...

The town of Beachy Place seems perfect. Young mollusks playing in pools, and not a bird in sight. But behind the cheerful exterior lies a dark and tragic past. Many moons ago, the town came under attack by a mysterious being known only as he "Artsand Craftsgirl". This shadowy beast massacred the townsfolk, placing their shells in an enormous bag. And now it's back, and it's out for calcium. Can a group of plucky teenagers stop its plans, or is it lights out for Beachy Place?