The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Ok, Imi, you've seen how Mushrooms and 1-ups can push Toad-sprites right? a level where you chase a mushroom pushing a toad around and need to stay at top speed before I start talking jibberish.

CM
    : You're already talking jibberish, don't fear the reaper Clockie.
    CM: You're only trying to do that so Imipolex will link that video.
    CM: This hack ~gets smacked~ ok, I already used that joke, how about I point out that in order to actually write these words, you'd need a firm grasp of control within your head-space, which would greatly contradict the notion of being drunk.
    CM: I would say [OVERUSED INTERNET MEME]. Gosh darnit, stop censoring me!
    CM: Everybody has heard that you will not give them up, will not let them down. will not run around.
    CM: Exercise is good for the body, good for the soul.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

But you can bring LOTSA SPAGHETTI to a picnic. Isn't that right, GAY LUIGI?

Is the picnic the place where fun never ends?
  • Who cares about fun, it's obvious that people only care about context, context is a thing that absolves the worst criminals and commits the worst sins.

perhaps context will kill someone next, who knows.
  • https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/destroid-the-invasion/id641283072

omfg i forgot that this was gonna be a thing

i'm kinda tempted to get it.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Ok, Imi, you've seen how Mushrooms and 1-ups can push Toad-sprites right?

They can?
  • Ok, Imi, you've seen how Mushrooms and 1-ups can push Toad-sprites right?

They can?
    Yes, just try it out, you'll see.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

The link you posted doesn't work and I have never heard of this press that you are talking about and I use the Holocaust as a subject of my dissertations all of the time, both on Youtube and here. So either point me to a working link that cites a "specific" example of an Anti-Natalist denying the Holocaust, and we will go from there. I have read Benatar and Ligotti, as well as listened to thousands of hours of Youtube AN's as well as subscribe to several AN blogs, and I have yet to find a racist among them. So, are you trying to create some fallacy of equivocation based upon some press ? Or do you have some evidence to offer ?
    I remember talking about this. Wasn't that Holocaust denial was a thing, but that was kinda weird as the Holocaust is like premium a+ Antinatalist fodder? 

Also that preachy comic that Naney posted once where the dialogue of the chick with the side of her head shaved was replaced with Skrillex making random noises (well, not random since it's one of his songs) is funnier the more I ponder it.

Yarrun said:

Nothing can kill the Grimace

Apparently this is like the second most quoted thing from the show after "Who is driving car? Oh my god, BEAR is driving car! How can this be?!"
  • the sudden desire to listen to filthy dubstep

never before have i had such a love/hate relationship with a form of music
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I should probably get to bed. See you guys later.
  • Friendship is Witchcraft, starring The Demoman as Twilight.

Madoka Magica, with Snoop Dogg as Hitomi.

Bravest Warriors, with everyone voiced by Catbug
  • I should probably get to bed. See you guys later.

We has a goodnight thread, silly.

Friendship is Witchcraft, starring The Demoman as Twilight.

Madoka Magica, with Snoop Dogg as Hitomi.

Bravest Warriors, with everyone voiced by Catbug
    Yarrun and I obviously like a lot of the same things.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:

The link you posted doesn't work and I have never heard of this press that you are talking about and I use the Holocaust as a subject of my dissertations all of the time, both on Youtube and here. So either point me to a working link that cites a "specific" example of an Anti-Natalist denying the Holocaust, and we will go from there. I have read Benatar and Ligotti, as well as listened to thousands of hours of Youtube AN's as well as subscribe to several AN blogs, and I have yet to find a racist among them. So, are you trying to create some fallacy of equivocation based upon some press ? Or do you have some evidence to offer ?
    I remember talking about this. Wasn't that Holocaust denial was a thing, but that was kinda weird as the Holocaust is like premium a+ Antinatalist fodder? 
    You're kind of conflating psycho antinatalists with all antinatalists/pessimists here, which I think is pretty unfair. Honestly, most of the people that I've talked to who think that way were, while admittedly depressed, generally pretty reasonable and far from the "pro-death" whacks that tend to get trotted out here.

That seems like a lot to read into from a post that was basically "Wasn't it some antinatalists do practice holocaust denial, which seems strange as the holocaust would serve as a good example of unpleasantness in the world?"

I was merely commenting because Odradek's post looks like a youtube comment quote or some such, and I was wondering if we discussed this in a thread long since buried. 
  • filthy dubstep does not sound good on these headphones

it's like WHERE THE FUCK IS THE BASS IT IS LITERALLY ALL IN THE MIDRANGE
  • edited 2013-05-08 01:07:05

i mean

like the kick has all the low end and the bass is going all WERWERWERSCREEEE waaay overhead and the spaciousness of the mix is just so counter-productive
  • edited 2013-05-08 01:07:57

i blame beats by dr dre
    Justice42 said:

That seems like a lot to read into from a post that was basically "Wasn't it some antinatalists do practice holocaust denial, which seems strange as the holocaust would serve as a good example of unpleasantness in the world?"

I was merely commenting because Odradek's post looks like a youtube comment quote or some such, and I was wondering if we discussed this in a thread long since buried. 
    Oh. Sorry.

I just get a bit nippy when this issue gets brought up because it tends to turn into an "all these people suck" echo chamber. But you didn't necessarily mean it that way, so... yeah.

And yes, there are some batshit crazy Holocaust denier types that are also antinatalists for some damn reason. I think it's the Nazi death cult thing.

Ok, Imi, you've seen how Mushrooms and 1-ups can push Toad-sprites right?

They can?
    Yes, just try it out, you'll see.
    Just tried it, it doesn't work, funding denied

It's weird when the Holocaust denial thing pops up. It seems to pop up for a myriad of reasons in a number of groups. 

I guess there is some concern that a secret Jewish group is ruling the world and using the fake holocaust as a way to maintain power? 

You'd think the priority in this case would be to expose them over fussing if the Holocaust existed or not. Then again, I guess I shouldn't assume a great deal of thinking power to people who also think a secret society of Jews run everything...
  • THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A PYRITHION ALBUM

FUCK FUCKFUCKUFCKFKFDOJIhbsdkjlbhsdfxzjsmfadk
  • GOOD GOING TIM

YOU FUCKING BLEW IT

FUCKING BLEW IT
    there there.

*pats*

there there.

Lambesis and his wife have two daughters and a son, all of whom they adopted from Ethiopia.  Lambesis is also an outspoken Christian, and the lyrics of many AILD songs are based on Bible verses.

Someone really should have told him that despite Henry VIIIs heavy involvement with Christian doctrine and the Reformation in England, he's not really a role model...
  • Try a 1-up. then,.
  • in somewhat more amusing news:

Emmure are touring Europe at the moment. So are The Atlas Moth — a band whose music I like a lot. The Atlas Moth have been stopping at venues where Emmure have previously stopped. Upon finding Emmure stickers and assorted tags at these venues, The Atlas Moth have been defacing them with drawings of dicks, because, well, The Atlas Moth think Emmure sucks. This has led to a war of words with Frank Palmeri, which is sort of like going to war with a cockatoo. Things that sound like words come out, but they don’t make much sense.

Yesterday (May 7), while performing in Moscow, Franki Palmeri received an electric shock while in the middle of a song, a shock that was powerful enough to knock him straight down and out cold. Obviously, a dangerous situation that could have been worse, though Palmeri has recovered and is already making PR hay out of the incident.

And finally I come to the subject of this post. In a display of creative genius, Cris Bissell, the drummer for a Wisconsin band named Orwell, created a music video, pairing up a continuous loop of film showing Palmeri getting zapped to The Atlas Moth song “Holes in the Desert” (which is a killer song). I found this to be funny as shit. Why?

Well, to be brutally honest, I guess it’s because I think Franki Palmeri is an embarrassing buffoon AND because he seems to have recovered from his on-stage electrocution (it wouldn’t be so funny f he hadn’t) AND because I dig “Holes in the Desert”.
  • edited 2013-05-08 01:35:10

Related: the band the dude who made the video is in was rec'd a while back on Cloudkicker's bandcamp page and yes they are rad

small world we live in, eh?

Try a 1-up. then,.

Doesn't work either. If the Toad NPC is set to actually say anything then the item will go right through him. If not, the item will bounce off and go the other way.

Now you know something about SMBX, this might save your life someday.
    Naney said:

in somewhat more amusing news:

Emmure are touring Europe at the moment. So are The Atlas Moth — a band whose music I like a lot. The Atlas Moth have been stopping at venues where Emmure have previously stopped. Upon finding Emmure stickers and assorted tags at these venues, The Atlas Moth have been defacing them with drawings of dicks, because, well, The Atlas Moth think Emmure sucks. This has led to a war of words with Frank Palmeri, which is sort of like going to war with a cockatoo. Things that sound like words come out, but they don’t make much sense.

Yesterday (May 7), while performing in Moscow, Franki Palmeri received an electric shock while in the middle of a song, a shock that was powerful enough to knock him straight down and out cold. Obviously, a dangerous situation that could have been worse, though Palmeri has recovered and is already making PR hay out of the incident.

And finally I come to the subject of this post. In a display of creative genius, Cris Bissell, the drummer for a Wisconsin band named Orwell, created a music video, pairing up a continuous loop of film showing Palmeri getting zapped to The Atlas Moth song “Holes in the Desert” (which is a killer song). I found this to be funny as shit. Why?

Well, to be brutally honest, I guess it’s because I think Franki Palmeri is an embarrassing buffoon AND because he seems to have recovered from his on-stage electrocution (it wouldn’t be so funny f he hadn’t) AND because I dig “Holes in the Desert”.
    This is fabulous.
  • yo sunnybro

so the rx bandits are pretty great

i feel you needed to know that
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Justice42 said:

You're kind of conflating psycho antinatalists with all antinatalists/pessimists here, which I think is pretty unfair. Honestly, most of the people that I've talked to who think that way were, while admittedly depressed, generally pretty reasonable and far from the "pro-death" whacks that tend to get trotted out here.
    Welcome to a world where blog solidarity is more important than telling off people who go to far.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    most people look the same to me
  • yo sunnybro

so the rx bandits are pretty great

i feel you needed to know that

i already know that

did you know they are reuniting and doing some kind of 10th anniversary tour for The Resignation

also i am seeing them for free because im working at leeds festival this year and they are playing there

• IT IS GONNA BE 70 DEGREES OUT

BUT I WANNA WEAR MY NEW HOODIE

;_;
  • Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.
    it's that time again children!
  • mrs damsel can you change the weather plzkthnks
  • Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.
    give me ten minutes
  • i have Thrift Shop stuck in my head
    Naney said:

i have Thrift Shop stuck in my head

i'm

i'm huntin

for someone to cut up

this is

gruesome

• Macklemore goes Horrorcore