Comments

• snoop lion is still signed to doggystyle records
  • liopleurodons actually existed
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You didn't know that?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tre said:

liopleurodons actually existed

That's why the joke is funny in the first place. It's a bizarrely specific choice of extinct sea creature.
    What joke is this?
    In the infamous flash video Charlie the Unicorn. "It's a liopleuridon, Chaaarlie!"
    Oh yes, i remember.  The magical liopleurodon.

i forgot about that part.
    And i guess that also answers my original question, since that video probably introduced it to a lot of people who'd never heard of the animal before.
    That short is one odd little piece of animation, but given how insane and stupid the Internet is and how much more so it has become since I first saw it, it's almost quaint by my current standards of "what in the hell."

Almost.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I always found it bizarre that Charlie and his friends had no problems with breathing underwater.
  • I never bothered watching it
    i don't know, Salad Fingers predated it, didn't it?  And that was very 'what in the hell'.
    i never watched much Salad Fingers

nor did I watch Neurotically Yours :/
  • edited 2013-03-17 18:33:27
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i never liked Neurotically Yours.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I never watched any of the above three series. I don't know exactly why, but they didn't really grab my attention very much.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    no uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I never watched any of the above three series. I don't know exactly why, but they didn't really grab my attention very much.

I still want a title
  • a TITle

i know what you're up to
    yes of course I thought of that already
  • edited 2013-03-17 19:10:16
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:i don't know, Salad Fingers predated it, didn't it?  And that was very 'what in the hell'.

Oh, don't get me wrong, 
    Salad Fingers was always further up that scale for me, but even then I had seen stranger. But since then, my level of shock at what the Internet has in store has reduced significantly. Not that I was ever much of an ingenue...
  • I watched Charlie the Unicorn a few months ago. I found it to be underwhelming.

I watched Neurotically Yours a few times when I was in middle school. A bit funny, but nothing overwhelming.

Salad Fingers? When I first heard about it, it scared me. I still haven't watched it.
    Hey!
    Wait!
    I've got a new complaint!
    Forever in debt to your priceless advice

pff

what

you've never watched Charlie the Unicorn
  • nope

sounded pretty meh from all acounts
    It was kind of amusing to me, though iirc i saw it with no expectations whatsoever.
    why don't you people like silliness the way i do
  • it pains me that the "yo dawg" meme annoys Xzibit.
  • who names their kid Xzibit
  • i met a woman named Latrina once

not sure if poor attempt at joke

i know it's an old saw but that does not make it poor.
  • edited 2013-03-17 19:38:43
    The sadness will last forever.
    cool, michelle branch is releasing another album after 10 years

10 years
  • The sadness will last forever.
    10 years feels like yesterday
  • I heard D'Angelo was finally gearing up to release his followup album too.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    craving cheese stuff
  • My dreams exceed my real life

As a science/business dual major, I know that philosophy has pretty much gone the way of alchemy but I had to take this philosophy class to satisfy this dumb core requirement. The teacher asked us a bunch of questions (I was half paying attention) like "What is knowledge?" So, basically, I don't have the time so I figured I'd crowdsource it to you nerds (no offense but you are lol). What are the answers to everything in philosophy, don't use the bullshit big words you always use to sound smart. kthxbi.

Submitted by iPhone

the internet
  • the answer is house music
  • edited 2013-03-17 20:01:35
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    IJBM: I'm not allowed to own media properties in real life because I'm not a billionaire

it's okay though

one of these days i'm gonna pretend to buy MGM

and there will be NO MORE MOVIES ON THE HOUSE

HOW ABOUT THAT
    Anonus said:

IJBM: I'm not allowed to own media properties in real life because I'm not a billionaire

it's okay though

HOW ABOUT THAT
    You could just be a millionaire and own them, you know. In this economy...

^ Puppy! Puppy at the controls!
  • i want my headphoooooneeesss
    A Super Mario Bros. X Thing is surprisingly difficult

I may just let raocow play it for me after all

Anonus said:

it's okay though

HOW ABOUT THAT
    You could just be a millionaire and own them, you know. In this economy...

^ Puppy! Puppy at the controls!
    Movie studios and cable channels are, mostly, worth billions of dollars. The last time MGM was for auction, the minimum bid level was $2 billion.

Over-the-air TV stations don't sell for as much as they used to; the nine McGraw-Hill stations (four of which are full-powered ABC affiliates, five of which are low-powered Azteca América affiliates) were sold to the E.W. Scripps company for $212 million in 2011. 10-15 years prior the four full-powered ABC affiliates would have been worth much more than that. All but one of them are in top-30 TV markets (as of the 2012-13 TV season, Denver is #17, Indianapolis is #26, San Diego is #28, and Bakersfield is #128), but despite having third-place newscasts and affiliations with the fairly weak ABC, the market size provided a serious attraction to the bidders involved.