The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I really liked Treasure Planet as a kid, and I think the only reason it didn't do well was because of the deluge of pirate movies released at the time.
  • guys there's a liveblog thread now and you should go read it and stuff.

Anyway.

WHAT is UP my FELLOW HEAPLINGS.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Anonus said:

Can he draw in the more detailed style anymore?

Honestly, I've always found the content of his comics more unappealing than their art style.
    I'm not going to dig through the SA thread to find those disney characters he worked on years ago in art school, but take my word for it: yes, he is completely able to draw and compose comic/cartoon art in a professional and appealing style. He just refuses to, and goes with that amateur mess of inkjet printer paper and microns that he has now. 
  • finally moving on to ep 2 of Legend of Korra.

Might skip most of it though. Sports episodes bore me.

• It's a "feature" (snicker) of the way you link to your profile page. Basically anything past the /number/ is fair game.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-31 04:35:08
    ALSO

I'm trying my hand at getting ModNation Racers for my PSP again even though the last time I tried the file was broken.

I will not give up on getting this dang game, I refuse. Wanted it for years now. :P

/lol_PIRACY_IS_BAD_AND_I_SHOULD_FEEL_BAD.exe
  • also Tre, you should read the liveblog of Diablo II redead is doing

all of you should actually

DO EET

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-31 04:44:24
    lol ok
  • So Winrar just told me that it isn't free software

which implies

it thinks people actually pay

for Winrar

• dear Alexandra from my Facebook: Yes, you are attractive. No, you are not attractive enough for me to continue to allow posts by you talking about how attractive you are to clutter up my Facebook wall. Unsubscribe.

• 7zip is for homosexuals and communists and people who are inconsiderate and use the .7z file format.
  • why can't all the zip formats just be built into the OSes

like OK JEEZ WE GET IT PEOPLE USE STUFF THAT IS NOT .ZIP

it gets annoying
    My name is Moondancer Drake and I am a student of the Dianic faith as well as a member of the Temple of Diana in Wisconsin. I draw much of my inspiration from my own spirituality as well as experiences as a Cherokee woman and a mother. I live in Milwaukee with my family, which includes my son Raistlin and my daughter Willow. I’m an author of environmental paranormal lesbian romance and an very vocal advocate for civil rights and the responsibility of us all to take better care of Mother Earth.

• Frick, none of these downloads are working.

Guess I'll have to get it from Extabit.

BUY OUR PREMIUM ACCOUNTS, HERP DERP A BLUH BLUH WE WANT YOUR MONEY HURR

I have no money, I want download for free

Screw you and your slow-ass downloads too, Extabit.

God, whoever runs this site needs a good, solid kick to the nuts.
  • Sup bibpches what is this thread for it looks ~huge~ but anyway yeah 7zip is good and only as gay as yall wanna make it ;)
    He misspelled "Yosemite"
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

• edited 2012-07-31 08:31:57
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm tempted to repost that.

Also, two torrents and a patch for my PSP later, I finally got ModNation Racers working.

Worth all that goddamn time I waited. So worth it. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    'Morning. I ended up waking up once every hour or so last night, getting no sleep at all. Think I might be sick...in any event, I'm in no shape to go to work.

Thing is, as a student employee I don't get paid time off, so I asked my boss if I can work on my normal day off this week to make up for it. Hope she says yes...

Anyway:
    Tre said:

I'm sure you of all people have figured this out by now, but Tumblr URLs are the same way. The bit at the end is just for decoration:

http://central-avenue.tumblr.com/post/28391654326/central-avenue-is-prettier-and-smarter-than-you

See? That link works, but the post in question didn't even mention my superior beauty or intellect!

On an unrelated note: Just ordered a Google Nexus 7. Can't wait till that baby gets here.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Also, weirdly enough, profile URLs here work without the number at all.

You can be http://www.heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/profile/21/Tre

Or you can be http://www.heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/profile/Tre

(At some point I'd like to get rid of the "index.php?p=" from the URL, but Lee would have to take the time to do that so it's no big rush.)

• On an unrelated note: Just ordered a Google Nexus 7. Can't wait till that baby gets here.

My favorite color is very descriptive of just how I feel about that.

(hint: it's green)
  • edited 2012-07-31 09:16:57
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ^^ Do what I did: Get a summer job and then blow the entirety of your first paycheck on a gadget you don't technically need. :P
  • lolmyparentswouldstiffmedryformoneythough

Whatever, I'm alright for now with the job thing.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Here's a fun game for you: Mouse over your username on one of your posts. The number after /profile/ in your URL is the order you joined in.

I know 1, 2, and 3 are Anonus, me, and Imi in that order; but I'm not sure after that.
    4 is me, slightly surprisingly.  4ia G.
    Tre said:

I was considering going back to my second idea that involved some dude getting trapped in a perilous parallel universe but maybe that wouldn't work since Dr. Who already had that concept once and stuff.

Then again, my idea seemed rather ridiculously different (and had 100% less Cybermen).
    I'm sure you could do something original with that concept.  It's not like Doctor Who invented the idea.

I would love to do a MSPA of my own...but I'm not the best drawer. I'd probably do a choose your own text adventure, since I can write.

What are you talking about, you drew the PARDAY bus.

(I can't draw very well at all, but for a forum game I don't think that's the end of the world)
  • gummy 8ears.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • I'm member number 21.

Fitting, 21 is 7 divided by three, and 2+1 equals three. Hehe.
    Ugh, I give up. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me, but I simply cannot sleep.

So at this point I have a sleepdep headache and an inability to sleep it off. :\
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-31 11:17:45
    oh my god

THE ONE X IS NINETY NINE DOLLARS

THEY CUT THE PRICE IN HALF

THANK YOU, BASED GOD
  • evil gummy 8ears
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-31 11:28:36
    "AT&T—depressing schoolchildren everywhere—says the July price cut is part of a back-to-school promotion."

Well, put a backpack on my spine and I'll be done with Grade 9, if this is a back-to-school thing I'm glad August is skirting around the corner.
    Is it just me or does school keep starting earlier and earlier?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Here in Virginia, school always starts just after Labor Day, but it seems like the Back-To-School sales start just after the 4th of July these days. Once Labor Dabor passes, there'll be Halloween and Christmas stuff out...
  • edited 2012-07-31 12:39:15
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Wow, I didn't even know I could triplepost.

Or maybe not, I guess. o_O
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Some of the schools around my area are starting back up tomorrow. Apparently, they're trying to ease into a more year-round school session where they get short breaks every six or so weeks.
    It's just...when I was a kid, school always started in September. It seems to be late August nowadays.
  • Yahoo news never fails me in how doofy it and its readers can be. There's this article about a 12 year old whose grandfather died while driving a car. She was able to get the car to stop even though it was speeding down the row. One of the comments said this:
    She's a smart girl, but I have a feeling that abstinence only education won't reach her. Sorry conservatives.
    ...that seems kind of...out of left field.
  • Yup. Of course, it's Yahoo News. Idiots, trolls and idiot trolls love hanging out there. And Yahoo News also sucks at posting actual news.
  • edited 2012-07-31 23:07:30
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "
    I can't draw very well at all, but for a forum game I don't think that's the end of the world'

You don't HAVE to draw good when you pump out bizarre hysterics like: 

The aunts sunken eyes that seems to stare out for eternity are what sells it.
    I also thought that was an effective picture