My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• edited 2012-03-29 19:17:42
    Ya, that's actually what I read to prompt the edit of my earlier comment, but thanks anyways.

Also, the Rainbow Dash Presents version as mentioned earlier.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Am I the only one who thought Cupcakes was gross but not scary?
  • So, Meghan McCarthy... Is it just me, or is the fact that she's responsible for writing both Party of One and Lesson Zero come off as a little odd?

Or is the disturbing factor simply from the fact that these two episodes just so happened to generate fucktons of disturbing fanworks?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Why would that be odd? They're thematically similar (character taking something too seriously and having a mental breakdown as a result).

I find it odd that she wrote "Hearts and Hooves Day", which is, to me, one of the worst episodes of the series and her only dud. Here's a list of writers.
  • They're thematically similar (character taking something too seriously and having a mental breakdown as a result).
    Actually, that's pretty much why I think it's weird, right there.

Specifically, why would someone do two episodes with such similar themes so close to one another?

Was she trying to establish a theme there or something?

You know..I'd be OK with this if Pony!Annie had just the hair/mane. But the full skirt and school uniform is kinda weirding me out.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So, I just noticed something:

Summer Sun Celebration = summer solstice
    Running of the Leaves = autumnal equinox
    Hearth's Warming Eve = winter solstice
    Winter Wrap-Up = vernal equinox

They've got all four!

I could certainly see seasons being a big deal as they require some sort of physical work from some pony to make happen.

Interesting that Celestia actually measures how long the moon and sun are visible in accordance with some sort of yearly schedule. 

This whole thing started out weird and just went downhill...
  • edited 2012-03-31 06:31:30
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The fact that weather and other "natural" things are said to happen on their own in the Everfree Forest has always interested me. It makes me wonder if, thousands and thousands of years ago, weather happened on its own everywhere until the ponies came along and "domesticated" it.

(After all, even in the pre-Equestria era shown in "Hearth's Warming Eve", the pegasi are said to be controlling the weather)

...This probably isn't well-thought out. I'm tired.
  • edited 2012-03-31 06:38:21
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

That actually makes a lot of sense, at least, as far as weather is concerned.

The SUN and moon, on the other hand...I don't know. It seems these things don't rise and fall by themselves, so something else would have to be doing that before the Unicorns if the Unicorns didn't always did it. Unless the planet was just constantly sunny or dark for a long time before Unicorns came along to change it.

It's times like this where a creation story would be helpful.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

DAT BLUE FISH!
  • DAT ONE FISH!

DOSE TWO FISH!

DUN-DUN-DUN!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    In all fairness, how the hell would Spike actually know what color his egg was? That would be like me knowing what hospital I was born in; it's something he'd have to have been told by someone else long after the fact.

True, though I think they're showing there's a bunch of contradictions in the episode.

Not that there's really enough that I'd call it a big deal, or anything.
    I must be bad at nitpicking, because my first reaction to contradictions in an episode like that one is to dismiss them on the basis that we're not seeing the actual events, but merely the characters' recollection of it several years later.

That's an interesting point of view. Probably a little more in depth than what the writer was thinking, but I can't really call you out on that without breaking out kitchenware. :P 
    ...You know, it occurs to me now that Rainbow Dash lying about being the first in her class to get her cutie mark isn't exactly out of character for her anyway.
  • edited 2012-04-01 05:36:41
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I thought that as well.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I always thought that the bully was a grade above her, so he wasn't the first in her class.

And also, Pinkie might've went away to her Granny Pie's house after she invented partying. Not too easy for a filly to live on her own, ya know?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I

uh

sortacavedandwatchedthefirstseasonlastnight.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

The entire first season?

...Damn, son.
    I didn't see what the big deal was at first, but I warmed up to it as it went on.

^ Oh yes.

I all but skipped Ticket Master, but felt a great deal of the other episodes where pretty good.
    I have watched that one multiple times, for whatever reason. I guess I just find it pleasant to watch, even though it's not one of my favorites.

...so, "Ponyville Confidential". I thought it was an okay episode, better than I expected. I thought the cold open was funny, but I didn't like how callous and, in a way, self-centered Rarity was portrayed as (Larson's done that before though, in "Sonic Rainboom").

I think the plot of Ticket Master just a little too much standard cartoon plot too me. 

Good friend competing with each other over something, one friend in a very awkward position, temptation is removed somehow, and every comes out a better friend.

A little pedestrian in plot and execution compared to the rest of the series, I felt.
    "Ponyville Confidential" was better than I expected, especially given it's more-or-less another stock plot.

It had plenty of little moments that amused me, like the photo of Big Mac with Smarty Pants.
  • edited 2012-04-02 02:10:33
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...the comments here make me kinda sad. I feel bad for fans of the older generations sometimes and dislike how bronies treat the generations prior to 4 and as mutually exclusive with generation 4. (I don't have much experience with them, but still.)
  • I am NEVER EVER EVER going to search google images for 'dead ponies' ever again for any purpose, let alone trolling.
    So here are the fruits of my labor:
    Also April Fool's.

If Derpy is Darth Maul then who is Sidious...DOCTOR WHOVES! THE FIEND! 
  • Shoot, I forgot the second image:
    You know, I find it interesting that Hasbro seems to have taken to promoting individual episodes lately...halfway through the season.
    More than halfway; the first episode they did that with was "Hurricane Fluttershy"...which is the 22nd episode this season out of 26.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    They've even paid for billboards to advertise the royal wedding season finale.

Twilight is staring daggers at Princess Cadence. Also, her brother is a Nazi.
    I noticed that Rainbow and Pinkie's poses from the Bridlemaids billboard were reused...also why does the My Little Pony logo not have its rainbow or heart around "my"?
  • That'd be too cluttered.
    ...Bizarre. I had a dream this morning that involved a text-only version of the My Little Pony logo that looked pretty much like that, but a different color.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Oh wow, a wedding? Talk about a RATINGS STUNT