My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Image-Heavy)

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...You know, I find it kinda funny that "Rainbow Factory" was written by the same guy who wrote the silly, lighthearted "Mythbuckers".
  • edited 2012-04-04 00:11:02
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Night Mare Moon!

...I want that DJ-PON3

I shall buy one and send it to Naney
    I want Nightmare Moon!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    So Hasbro took out an ad in the wedding section of the Sunday New York Times to advertise the season finale. Seriously.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    O_o
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They're making quite the effort, aren't they?

...it's too late to express my thoughts on "MMMystery on the Friendship Express", isn't it? (Nobody talks about the new episodes in this thread lately; why is that?)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "
    I wonder if they are doing this to get more people to watch the show?"

That's sort of the point of advertising, isn't it?

Though, billboards and a news paper add for a childrens TV show... Maybe they've realized the have a big adult following and are targeting them? 

A billboard MIGHT snag a few kids into watching, but a newspaper add sure the heck is mostly going to be read by adults.

^ I'm a few episodes behind. Usually am. I tend to get caught up all at once, for some reason.
    I notice they seem to have trouble with consistency when it comes to "Cadence"/"Cadance".

^^ No, go ahead. I think the lack of episode talk is because we only have a handful of people who actually follow the show and some of them tend to be an episode or two behind.

^ Funny, I do the same thing with Homestuck! I meant to catch up yesterday, 'cause duh, 4/13, but heard the site was down so I put it off a bit longer.

I checked very early this morning (like 2 or 3 AM) and it was up. 

This update is not as extreme as "Cascade" so should be a little less collateral damage this time around.
    Wait a minute

"Mi Amore Cadenza" = "I Love Cadence"

frickin' Narcissist, man...
  • Maybe she loves music?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I thought it was "My Love Cadence."

That is actually strangely appropriate.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

I've always really liked this image.
    This thread is severely lacking in "A Canterlot Wedding" talk.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE
  • edited 2012-04-23 00:53:33
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    From the old forum:

So, "A Canterlot Wedding" was awesome.

[I particularly liked the second part, with the labyrinth of gems and the
    tricking of the evil bridesmaids and "Cadence" revealing herself as the
    queen of the Changelings.

And the "Swarm of the Century" polka came back, as did Rarity's glasses!
    ]
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Girly Colt and I both loved it. Especially the partay at the very end :3
  • edited 2012-04-23 04:52:45
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (This forum needs a Spoiler-click-to-reveal function; I should put that on the wishlist. Also I should make a wishlist.)
    ----
    Queen Chrysalis certainly takes the place of my favorite villain of the series. Hell, you could easily take the same character and use her as a Doctor Who villain with pretty much no changes.

I liked that the solution was something other than just the Elements of Harmony again.

And there were a few moments that made me chuckle, like Pinkie's party cannon being used as a weapon or Rarity attempting to save their dresses.

----
    Cadence is my new favorite character.
  • Not Chrysalis?
    Her too.
  • edited 2012-04-24 14:13:30
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Need to watch this still...

I need more hours in the day. :/

Thanks for doing a great job on the spoilers, by the way! :)

So...is this Fluffy Pony? Is it did horrible things happening to something that's suppose to be absurdly cute?

Didn't Homestar Runner do this shtick years ago?
  • Oh, worse things happen to fluffy ponies.

Like you have no clue.

I saw a picture of one that had all it's legs chopped off on PoniBooru and another that was talking about their "sleepy" mom that wouldn't wake up, so I think I got an idea.

Hehe...Pre-Lesson Zero...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Justice: They did.

THERE we go.

I think this got posted somewhere already, but it's the best thing ever, so...

OK, just skimmed a Fluffy Pony fan-fic.

Is it suppose to be so absurdly graphic and abuse heavy that it just comes off as dark comedy? 

Also, I'm not sure what this has to do with FiM, except that it also involves ponies somehow. 
    Firefly + Ponies = AWESOME

• Is it suppose to be so absurdly graphic and abuse heavy that it just comes off as dark comedy?

I really, really hope so.
    I think that's what it's supposed to be.

I much prefer the (very few) fluffy pony stories that are just all warm and cuddly and stuff.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    One of my friends at school gave us a plot summary of a Fluffy Pony fic. The hapless victim looked suspiciously like Pinkie Pie, and her "caretaker" got her addicted to heroin, and you can tell where this is going.

Needless to say, not something I'm overly interested in.
  • edited 2012-04-25 19:11:03
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

The fic I read involved a fluffy pony being thrown out of a window. It was winter so it's tongue froze to the pole, but most of it's bones shattered on impact. Eventully it's tongue snapped, unable to hold the weight of the entire pony and it fell to its death.

I should mention that some sort of car accident involving a Fluffy Pony factory had released thousand of the suckers into the city where they began to multiply, so the whole place was filled with dead and dying fluffy ponies.  

I can only assume whomever wrote this had not intentions of it being taken seriously.

As the world grows dark, and the Mouth of the Abyss looms every closer - Fluttershy is unable to resist the dark voice, offering another way. In return for her fate and her name, she will be given a second chance - in the eternal service of the dead Primordials. The Whispers of the Neverborn echo in the stillness, bidding her rise with her new name: Hush After Carrion Wings.

When the end came and the curtains began to fall, Rarity lamented only one thing - that her beauty would not last the ages. When the voice spoke to her, offered her a waystay as she was now - the unicorn accepted. After all, she only needed to relinquish her name and her fate - and she would be beautiful until the end of time. And so she will as her Deathlord's servant: Needle in her Jealous Cracked Reflection.

So much was left unfinished - so many pages left to read in the book of Twilight's life when it was snatched away. So when that terrible promise was made, the promise to give her until the end of all time - in exchange for her name and her fate - the unicorn accepted. Until she unlocks the secret to undoing Creation itself, she will able to uncover the darkest secrets of all under her new name: Baleful Shimmer of Entropy.
    Hmm, now that I'm looking at it a bit more closely, "Baleful Shimmer of Entropy" looks vaguely like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, only wearing black instead of yellow.
    Did my Abyssal Ponies kill the thread?

Oh well!

When her final moment comes, Rainbow's pride and courage fail. She accepts the dark offer and takes the Final Breath. She relinquishes her fate, her name and takes up the cause to end All That Is in the name of Oblivion as Sprinter in Shattered Light.

I actually had to step out to pick up a few essentials (coffee and beer).

I might be over-thinking things, but I wonder if the original Fluffy Puny story or stories where sort of deconstructions of the "murder-fic" genre. 

Remove the characters and put in a generic cutsie "ponies"  in the place of the victim and some random person inflicting the gratuitous violence and see if anyone cares.

And stuff like the fic I read might be when people aren't in on the gag and start gratuitous violence on these fluffy ponies until the whole thing doesn't even look like it has anything to do with FiM.
    For some reason I was thinking about the written language in the show. It seems at various times they've depicted it as plain English ("Welcome Princess Celest"), indistinct English (the title on the cover of Daring-Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone), and some kind of deliberately indistinct writing that reminds me of The Sims' "Simlish" (as shown in "Ponyville Confidential").

@Death

Are there more Abyssal Ponies? I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of the mane six.

Or maybe a link to the source, or some such.