Suchian Musings And Ramblings About General Designs Involving Notable Estuaries

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    http://www.theyfightcrime.org/

Best result so far:

He's a genetically engineered amnesiac cat burglar on a mission from God. She's a blind tomboy advertising executive descended from a line of powerful witches. They fight crime!
    (2015 self)
    So, according to the OOTS Forums, I am the only one appalled at flashback-Durkon in 1007.

Seriously, that's your people, man!  And Dude, you can't just badmouth the high priest like that! 

That'd be like me badmouthing the prophet, an idea nearly inconceivable in its ludicrousness!

And the forums are all like, "That's it?  That's Durkon's worst moment?  He needs to stop being so fanatically lawful and realize that Dwarven Society is terrible and denies the individual.".
    (2015 self)

The thing about Broadway tours is that they only go where there is demand for the show to be played. I get being upset if your faith is misrepresented, but part of the coping mechanism for me, as a catholic, is to get in on the joke. While "I have plenty of Mormon friends who enjoyed it" doesn't negate your feelings, understand that there are people in Utah who wanted the show to come there.

Yeah, that means things.  It means that Salt Lake has become worldly and corrupted.  It means that the culture of Utah is changing, to be more open and liberal and depraved.  It means that the people I know are too innocent to comprehend the absolute anathema that that play is.  How does nobody see this? 

It means that the boundaries between my life and The World are decreasing.  How does nobody I know see this as a bad thing?

I mean, The World, I've visited it, but I don't want to live there!  It's scary and corrupt and unfamiliar. I want to have a home to retreat to, and soon I won't have one. 
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If he remembers it as his worst moment, it is probably his worst moment.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I'm sorry this is hurting you so much. I know what it feels like to feel like your world is vanishing.
  • edited 2015-10-20 18:14:33
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    And Silicon Valley might be moving to Provo!

Consarn it, why don't you just, I don't know, relocate the Las Vegas Strip to Central Park while you're at it.

If nothing else, we won't be able to make fun of Provo anymore for still being in the 1950s.

(2015 self)
    Why does the provo football field have artificial turf?

To keep the cheerleaders from grazing.
    (2015 self)
    My signature has been changed.  Two words added, words of truth.
    (2015 self)
    So...

Durkon's accent is amazingly inconsistent.

I bought Blood Runs In The Family, and decided to analyze his accent over five years of strips.

jus' just
    673 806

enough enuff
    747 845

I was I were
    764 810

lil little
    687 842

again agin
    732 845, 743, 764

in a inna
    691 810

whar where
    698 733

hundreds hunnerd
    698 740

dunno dinnae know
    732 810

have ta haf ta
    734 739

it's it be
    735 865

I'm I be
    764 871
    (2015 self)
    Also:

"I'm" and, "I be", are both used in 732.

Inconsistencies that are probably errors:

Durkon uses the word, "the" in strips 818, 697, 835
    Durkon ends a gerund with "g" in strips 818 and 682 ("Bearing" and, "continuing"), 
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    Belkar's voice is my new headcannon.

Eeeeeeelan.
    (2015 self)
    ^That picture is as amazing as Reddit is terrible.
    (2015 self)
    微信/Q308057815办理南澳大学毕业证、阿德莱德大学毕业证、成绩单、使馆、教育部认证
    微信/Q308057815办理阿德莱德大学毕业证、阿德莱德大学毕业证、成绩单、使馆、教育部认证
    微信/Q308057815 办理USYD/UNSW/MQ/UTS/ Monash等澳洲毕业证成绩单及真实教育部认证
    一.专业面向澳洲留学生提供以下服务:
    1:毕业证、成绩单等全套材料,从防伪到印刷,从水印到钢印烫金,水印底纹。
    2:真实使馆认证(留学人员回国证明),使馆存档可通过当地使馆查询
    3:真实教育部认证,教育部永久存档,教育部留服网站永久可查
    4:真实留信认证,留信网入库存档,永久可查
    现在教育部认证办理已经不需要提供回国证明(使馆认证),如无需要,请注意办理流程!
    联系人:john QQ: 308057815 微信:308057815
    二.如果您是以下情况,我们都能竭诚为您解决实际问题:
    1、在校期间,因各种原因未能顺利毕业,拿不到官方毕业证; 
    2、面对父母的压力,希望尽快拿到;   
    3、不清楚流程以及材料该如何准备;   
    4、回国时间很长,忘记办理;   
    5、回国马上就要找工作,办给用人单位看;  
    6、企事业单位必须要求办理的; 
    请联系资深客服john,专业负责为您排忧解难!资深业务!
    联系人:john QQ: 308057815 微信:308057815
    澳洲各大高校均可办理,样板齐全。
    三.基本操作流程:
    1.收集客户基本信息!
    2.客户支付30%的订金,公司出电子图给客户审核,确保信息无误!
    3.根据客户审核后的电子图制作成品再次给客户审核!
    4.客户支付完余款,公司把成品邮寄给客户!(国内顺丰 国外DHL)
    悉尼大学 TheUniversity of Sydney 新南威尔士大学TheUniversity of New South Wales 墨尔本大学 The University ofMelbourne 阿德莱德大学 Adelaide University 莫纳什大学 Monash University 昆士兰大学The University of Queensland 西澳大学 The University of WesternAustralia 澳大利亚国立大学 The Australian National University 麦考瑞大学 Macquarie University 纽卡斯尔大学 TheUniversity of Newcastle 卧龙岗大学 University of Wollongong 格里菲斯大学 Griffith University 佛林德斯大学 Flinders University 塔斯马尼亚大学 University of Tasmania 西悉尼大学Universityof Western Sydney 邦德大学Bond University 迪肯大学 Deakin University 悉尼科技大学 University of Technology ,Sydney 科汀科技大学 Curtin University of Technology 墨尔本皇家理工学院 RMIT University 昆士兰科技大学QueenslandUniversity of Technology 拉筹伯大学 La Trobe University 莫道克大学 Murdoch University 堪培拉大学 University of Canberra 旋宾科技大学 Swinburne University of Technology
    南澳大学Universityof South Australia 中央昆士兰大学 University of Southern Queensland 查尔斯特大学 Charles SturtUniversity 詹姆斯库克大学 James Cook University 圣母大学 Notre Dame 新英格兰大学 The University of NewEngland 南昆士兰大学 Universityof Southern Queensland 澳洲天主教大学 Australia CatholicUniversity巴里迪大学Universityof Ballarat 埃迪斯科文大学 Edith Cowan University 南十字星大学 Southern Cross University 阳光海岸大学 University of Sunshine Coast 维多利亚大学VictoriaUniversity 北领地大学 NorthernTerritory University
    诚招代理:本公司诚聘当地代理人员,如果你有业余时间,有兴趣就请联系我们。敬告:面对网上有些不良个人中 介,真实教育部认证故意虚假报价,毕业证、成绩单却报价很高,挖坑骗留学学生做和原版差异很大的毕业证和成 绩单,却不做认证,欺骗广大留学生,请多留心!办理时请电话联系,或者视频看下对方的办公环境,办理实力, 选择实体公司,以防被骗!
    (2015 self)
    Thus saith the Spambot.
    (2015 self)
    chileshe-icosc-sehl without any hyphens does not have any google results.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yup, typical spam these days...looks like they're peddling fake diplomas from Australian universities.
    (2015 self)
    So.

With the internet, stores like bookstores and toy stores and such are, to some extent, going out of business.  This means, if you think about it a certain way, that if one wants to buy a toy or book, one will have to use the internet.  And ALL our existing toys and books are going to disappear for the same reason that a wizard's spells go away when you kill her.  The publishing magic will be undone!

Encyclopedias going digital and no longer being printed means that if you want an encyclopedia, you have to use electricity, which is DANGEROUS.  I mean, they used to use electricity to execute people.

In fact, a lot of extremely useful information is contained in books.  Like manuals for machinery, or guides to a craft.  If the only way to get said information is to use the internet, then those like the Amish will have no way to get said information.  Oh, amish kid, you want to learn how to create a hydrogen bomb or a perpetual motion machine?  Too bad, we don't make those instruction books anymore, you could go to a store, but they're all out of business.  And then our amish brethren will be defenseless when the kudzu gains sentience and learns how to make helicopters to get past border checks!

I kind of think that the internet is an anti-service; making non-internet services more expensive and rarer.  Like, they don't even make VCRs anymore, and I think those were what we used in that one movie to trap satan or somebody so he was stuck in the vcr and anybody who watched it died.  Now how we gonna trap satan or somebody?

I also don't like how the internet is so controlled by the people on the internet.  I mean, if some day, Zuckerberg or somebody decides that Slinkies will no longer be sold on the Internet, there's nothing you or I or anybody could do.  And then there won't be any stores to buy slinkies or vcr tapes or anti-kudzu spray in.

I mean, hackers can do essentially anything, and so can the people who own and run the internet.  I mean, nothing on the internet is permanent, any site can be deleted or edited or hacked.

It's essentially a memory hole, where there is no past and no future, only the now, and the now is determined by Zuckerberg or whoever owns twitter or whoever owns wikipedia.

And people keep using google and yahoo for information instead of a source that isn't determined by the whims of internet-people.

You looked up Abraham Lincoln's birthday on Wikipedia, but that could have been made up by a fifteen year old and you'd never know!  The sources might be real-looking fakes, or might be edited.  The page history might be faked or edited?  You might not even be at Wikipedia!  You might secretly be on another site with the same name pretending to be wikipedia!

And the news is going digital as well.

What if everybody on the internet is actually sockpuppets of the same person?  What if everything on the internet was written by the same person?

What if all the electronic devices skipped a day ahead and said it was tuesday when it was really monday and then I'd be all like "It's monday!" and everybody would be all, "I think so, but let me check Google", and then nobody would ever believe me that it was actually monday.

What if that's actually ALREADY happened?

IT COULD BE MONDAY RIGHT NOW!

I come bearing gifts.
    (2015 self)
    I AM PLEASED
    (2015 self)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Outside the University of Centralia's main library, there's a statue of Aliroz of Rozburg, who is credited with introducing the printing press to Centralia.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Also:

"I'm" and, "I be", are both used in 732.

Inconsistencies that are probably errors:

Durkon uses the word, "the" in strips 818, 697, 835
    Durkon ends a gerund with "g" in strips 818 and 682 ("Bearing" and, "continuing"), 

While you are probably correct that this is simply inconsistency, I would like to note that the somewhat archaic subjunctive present can be constructed "if I/you/they/it be." Additionally, in many regional dialects of the British Isles, "be" and "am/is/are" have different semantic connotations.
  • edited 2015-12-11 04:25:35
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I'm Sorry.

I am no longer as able to see why some things are worth getting angry or upset about or indulging other people in yeah-this-is-a-thing-that-is-important-and-bad talk and some things aren't. I also can't see why being upset about certain things is considered healthy and being upset about certain other things is considered unhealthy, or why the degree of being upset should matter. I can't see the difference between not-constantly-being-in-a-state-of-rage-about-bad-things and being an apathetic, soulless robot. I can't tell "I don't like seeing you hurt yourself like this, please think about other things", from "Shut up and stop thinking".

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That's okay, I can't always see either.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    don't tread on christmas
    (2015 self)
    That was amazing, you guys.

Thanks.
    (2015 self)
    I'm lawful in a chaotic world.  I mean, the people who are old and running things now are the Baby Boomers, as in, protesters and hippies and criminals; and the young now are milennials, as in, digital pirates and speed-limit-breakers and criminals, and the founding fathers were anarchist deist heretic criminals, and I have no legitimate secular authority or line of secular authority.

But the Twelfth article of Faith binds me to honor, obey, and sustain authority and the law, be it kings, presidents, rulers, or magistrates.
    (2015 self)
    Smith wrote the articles himself.

12: We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

So, that lack of a conjunction after Magistrates.

In mu opinion, the article can be interpreted as saying that we are subject to rulers who obey the Law or it can be interpreted as saying that we submit to rulers through obeying/honoring/sustaining the law.

And depending on that grammar, is where the issue of corrupt government, immoral law, and civil disobedience rest, versus declaring ourselves above the law and not being subject to authority and having theocracy, versus strict obedience to all secular authority.
    (2015 self)
    11: We claim the privilege of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

Article 11 is the Religious Toleration Is Non-Negotiable And Goes Both Ways article.

No such wiggle room for interpretations there.
  • edited 2015-12-27 01:27:57
    kill living beings
    I'm pretty sure the US still has magistrates as local positions

Also isn't that a comma splice.

Hey Aliroz is this you?
    (2015 self)
    Yes.
    (2015 self)
    Winston went about it all wrong!
    (2015 self)
    I am to Steven Universe as Yarrun is to that one Bear Anime that everyone tried to make him watch.
    Is this a sour grapes thing?
    (2015 self)
    Yes.

(2015 self)
    It can't be that good if I can't get it.