Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• I often feel like the only person on the planet who has no strong opinion on otherkin at all.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...I don't see how it's "mean" to make zoobe videos of kin posts?
  • naney said:

whoever runs that blog is probs fat and ugly

that's just unwarrantedly mean

granted so is the blog
    Why is it 2k15 and we're still using fat and ugly as insults.

Like honestly, fuck fatphobia, that shit is 1990s, 

and ugliness? what does that subjective shit even mean, way to buy into corporate insults, circa 1936. 
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    see i don't mean that it's outlandish, i mean, like, i'm kinda glad they said "it's like fictionkin", although that in itself is still sorta weird to me
  • edited 2015-09-04 15:32:09

I often feel like the only person on the planet who has no strong opinion on otherkin at all.

I don't neither: they're harmless. It's just fun to be petty and mean sometimes, because I am a spiteful person.
    idk

i don't have a problem with people calling themselves a cat or a princess or whatever

i think the seriousness with which people feel the need to assert the 'validity' of these identities (valid how exactly?) is kind of stupid, but i'm not like raging over it

the blog strikes me as a little mean but not really more so than any other blog or thread that mocks websites and people who post on them, of which there are many
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

whoever runs that blog is probs fat and ugly

this is the kind of thing that made me ask if i seem conservative relative to other heapers y'know

i wasn't talking fiscally, i know i'm not that

well, this plus views on self-defence, property rights and some other stuff
  • Acererak said:

I often feel like the only person on the planet who has no strong opinion on otherkin at all.

I don't neither: they're harmless. It's just fun to be petty and mean sometimes, because I am a spiteful person.
    no it's not.
    if it's not then why do people do it?
  • because they're fat and ugly in my experience
    i know you're not being 100% serious but i kinda agree with Clock here

frankly making fun of people for being "fat and ugly" seems a lot meaner to me than making fun of them for being *kin
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    clearly it is i who is the most conservative person on the site
  • edited 2015-09-04 15:50:07
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    well whatever

i don't want to be mean or reactionary or anything like that, and it's just something i was worrying about
  • naney said:

because they're fat and ugly in my experience

Stop.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You are probably right
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess I'm off base, because I didn't really interpret that blog as mocking kin stuff? It just seemed like your typical "zoobe is funny" kinda thing.
    reading out other people's words in a silly way seems like mocking to me
    Well

I do feel kinda bad for laughing at it now

I admit I didn't actually bother to click through to the blog before linking it, it was just something I saw in the tags
  • edited 2015-09-04 16:43:48
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    also i feel like i need to clarify what i was saying here

to me it is a little strange that 'being royal' is seen as a fictional thing like 'being a dragon' or 'being a vampire' or whatever

without the 'it's like fictionkin' i might have assumed it was a joke thing, like saying 'i identify as someone much wealthier and more privileged than you, respect my identity you bunch of peasants'

so i would have been kind of relieved at 'it's like fictionkin', except that i am already accustomed to CA being 'princesskin', which makes the idea that royalty are like fictional characters or supernatural beings a lot easier for me to get

that is all, i'm not mocking anyone, i'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun

none of this is a big deal but this whole discussion made me feel awful
  • Tachyon said:

to me it is a little strange that 'being royal' is seen as a fictional thing like 'being a dragon' or 'being a vampire' or whatever

without the 'it's like fictionkin' i might have assumed it was a joke thing, like saying 'i identify as someone much wealthier and more privileged than you, respect my identity you bunch of peasants'

so i would have been kind of relieved at 'it's like fictionkin', except that i am already accustomed to CA being 'princesskin', which makes the idea that royalty are like fictional characters or supernatural beings a lot easier for me to get

you're fine, tach, sorry

I am being vague and it is my fault that you assumed I/anyone was talking about you.
  • naney said:

dramatic kin readings
    noooooope
    I thought we all agreed that was a terrible idea after I did that thing and everybody said that was a terrible thing to do
  • I wasn't here for that.
    eh

no, i don't think it's your fault Jane

i take things too seriously
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    We'll never be royals (royals)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If you're petty and mean I'm pretty sure that's because that has a basis in some kind of strong opinion.
    Tachyon said:

I think the relation to fictionkin is if you identified as, say, Princess Nautilus. She's a fictional character, but she's also royalty, so you'd be royaltykin in that case as well.

Of course, this is all a bit silly because it's so inherently subjective.

Also, when did people start saying "fictionkin" instead of "fictive"? I notice that seems to have changed...
    i remember when it was 'otakukin' but i guess that was too weeb for most people

or maybe just too insulting
    Why say "otakukin" when you can say "otakin"?
    because

idk

some people said otakin, it's the same thing
    Well, I've never personally seen anyone say "otakin" before, I didn't specifically mean you had to change it.
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Not to say that this guy wasn't a fucking horrible person or anything, but seeing people on tumblr get hype over someone's imminent death was really...startling. 
  • edited 2015-09-04 20:11:57
    meow meow meowtherfuckers
    there were more celebratory statements on the post but i cropped them out 

i don't know, i think i was mostly startled because this is like the reaction people would have to like...an album dropping, or something 
  • Ugh, reactions like this are why the death penalty still even exists.
  • American society has always prized vengeance over reformation.
  • Less consequentially: now I can't open tumblr on mobile without it crashing immediately. :?
  • Haven said:

Less consequentially: now I can't open tumblr on mobile without it crashing immediately. :?

It's crashing a lot for me, It seems like.

Good thing it updates! otherwise oh wait #Tumblrupdatingjoke
    Are you using the app or the mobile site? And on what operating system?
  • I uninstalled and reinstalled, and then when it asked me to log in it said "can't communicate with tumblr." But now it's working again I think.

#yntkt #perhaps it was a punishment #for my hubris in posting that i'm in a good mood
  • I'd thought "fictionkin" was identifying as a fictional character and "fictive" was having one as a "headmate".

I may be completely wrong since I tend not to get into those circles on Tumblr due to not being a 'kin or a multiple system or whatever though.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Haven said:

Ugh, reactions like this are why the death penalty still even exists.

preeeeeeeeetty much
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I freely admit I want James Holmes executed
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Who is James Holmes and what did he do?
  • edited 2015-09-04 21:46:25
    Anonus said:

The death penalty is sustained by the people who deserve it. These exceptions ("I don't like the death penalty but-") are a significant factor keeping it acceptable.
  • From a vindictive standpoint, I find that keeping someone alive brings more possibility for pain than simply killing them, so I never quite got that.
  • Kexruct said:

Anonus said:

The death penalty is sustained by the people who deserve it. These exceptions ("I don't like the death penalty but-") are a significant factor keeping it acceptable.
    Kexruct said:

Anonus said:

Kexruct said:

Anonus said:

Kexruct said:

Anonus said:

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Oh.

I don't know how to deal with people like James Holmes.  I hope I never have to.

I don't know what to think about the Death Penalty or Life in Prison, but I feel so bad for those who lost loved ones to shootings.
    Vriska said:

I'd thought "fictionkin" was identifying as a fictional character and "fictive" was having one as a "headmate".

I may be completely wrong since I tend not to get into those circles on Tumblr due to not being a 'kin or a multiple system or whatever though.
    Actually yeah, i think this is correct.