Discussion of TV Tropes

Comments

• Transphobic asshole is transphobic. Can anyone link me to his shenanigans on BTL?
  • Can I get a tl;dr on that vid? I don't want to watch it.
  • edited 2012-02-25 00:13:44
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This is quite an accusation and something tells me I know the reason for it, even though it is a horrible reason. >:[
    It hardly counts as an "accusation". It's just some idiot throwing "child molester" around as a random (albeit slanderous) insult.
    Can anyone link me to his shenanigans on BTL?
    He was a little all over the place, but the important parts are here and here and here.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^Basically him accusing BTL of being cyberbullies and hypocrites, with transphobic and homophobic tangents in there as well.
  • I did get far enough to see that he said that he's a human being, and therefore everyone should treat him with respect. Of course, he's not going to treat other people with respect, because there not him, so they don't count :/
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Hmmm, I wonder if Jim Profit came here...yup, he's gonna make another mess just like every place he goes to.
  • Hooray for making the rest of us look bad, thar, Jimmy.

This is the same guy who kept messaging me (and other people who had TVTropes in their "likes") on Facebook a year or two ago.

• Frankly, given the knowyourmeme page he made for himself and the fact that he said he's in whatever the program for making money off Youtube is, it's really obvious that he's just trolling for views. Let's not give him any more attention.
  • oh I didn't watch the video.

I don't waste time humoring lunatics.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I found ironic that Cygan and I seemed to be the only two people who found "Level 44 Charizard of Gay" hilarious.

Just putting that out there.
    ^^^Seconded.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-02-25 00:40:00
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There are less creeps and more people that are misinformed and pathetic.
    ^ ^ Seconded.
  • Jim Profit (assuming that's who this is) was not only banned from TVTropes long before either of you showed up, he was banned long before I showed up.

He's a well-known attention-seeker, not someone specific to TVTropes.

• Bearing that in mind, could we wipe this conversation about him? I don't want him finding it and coming here :/
  • I doubt he'd last long. 

Not that I particularly want to test that theory, but still, I don't think we have to worry about the Speak of the Devil Clause in this case.

• edited 2012-02-25 00:54:37
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ I was considering that too...what do you think, Anonus?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    He comes here, mods just ban him on sight. Simple as that.
    It seems kind of Orwellian to do so, honestly.

I can say that the Profit talk ends here, though.
  • It's not like he's subtle or hard to spot.  
  • edited 2012-02-25 00:57:24

Orwellian Anoraks?

...There has to be a joke I can make.....

And it's not really Orwellian, the conversation is being removed, it's not like we're pretending it never happened.
  • To take things in a different direction, what's the gut feelings about the OTC changes made recently?  I refer to the requirement for new threads to be mod-approved, and the ability to ban people from OTC who are only trouble there, and not elsewhere.
  • OTC still seems like a cesspit, but now it's a cesspit with more necros.
    OTC was always a cesspit and it always will be.
  • (sigh) Seriously, why is it a cesspit? I'd say it is at least better than wonderposting, and definitely better than most of the Internet discussions I've seen.

And now that "horrible people with horrible opinions" are liable to be banned, what's not to like?
  • It's a cesspit because of people being appallingly, and wilfully, ignorant and uncaring.
  • That depends. Which forum do you compare it with?

I surely learned quite a lot of things during my stay, so "ignorant" is not how I'd call OTC population
  • I'd say a good %75 - %80 of the people there have little real-world experience, and say genuinely disturbing things out of naivety.

But it's all rather left-leaning, so I'm biased.
  • Still, that won't qualify as "cesspit" for me. Then again, we might have different standards...

Blast it, I miss TVT, especially OTC
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Why not visit again, Beholderess?

If you want to, go for it. :)
  • edited 2012-02-25 03:03:36
    Because it is no longer the thing I miss, so it would be pointless. I miss it as it was, not the "new and improved" version
  • edited 2012-02-25 04:00:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    How often do OTC threads get rejected, Morven?
  • edited 2012-02-25 05:43:22
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    To take things in a different direction, what's the gut feelings about
    the OTC changes made recently?  I refer to the requirement for new
    threads to be mod-approved, and the ability to ban people from OTC who
    are only trouble there, and not elsewhere.

I like it to be honest because I no longer have to deal with the neo-con bullshit served up by (username omitted)

(Yeah. - Anonus)
  • edited 2012-02-25 05:42:43
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You might not agree with him (and I don't either), but I'm sure naming names and using that phrasing counts as "airing grievances".
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Sigh, the SA thread on TVT gets on mah tits sometimes because they generalise all people use post in the fora as anime loving social shut in paedophiles.
    Lolacat left..that's a pity.
    I guess so but she was a strange un

A 15 yr old posting in Fetishes, didn't make any sense
    Yeah.
    Btw, Haven, you got harassed over private messages on TVT and the mods did nothing?

Shit, man thats fucked up
  • edited 2012-02-25 21:30:16
    Well, Kay has started posting again. :]

(whos.amung.us thing edited out - Anonus)
  • edited 2012-02-25 21:44:57
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

W, you've got red on you.

Now not.

• edited 2012-02-25 21:42:21
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    >Btw, Haven, you got harassed over private messages on TVT and the mods did nothing?

I didn't do "nothing".  I did, indeed, fuck up.  Badly.

Please don't bring the other mods into this, and please respect Aon's request and don't assume things about people and incidents you know nothing about.
  • Aon?

ITT: Naney is confuzzled.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    TVT, absent people thread.
This discussion has been closed.