The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• tunnlarmr

tunnlarmr + e + o +   = correct spelling

e = 2.71828...
    o = shortened(0)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Observing history while thinking about to ride her receptacles of the recent design helps us inspire ideas applying a metallic ideology, also thus discern a parlimentary fascist narrative at a scapegoat with
    no suffrage that construct said sociality from precedent.
  • iconography of nanoha takamachi
  • edited 2014-09-25 13:19:38
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Teh chief of thh Mobads, teh commander-in-chief of Arian, le commander of teh guards, teh chief of teh secretaries, and the moral precep2r
    of teh princes went near Ardashir, fell prostrate on there faces, made
    obeisance, and addressed him as follows: "May u b immortal! Pray do not
    render yourself melankoly in this manner and fill your heart with greef and
    lamentation. If it b possible 2 contrive means, through human activity, 2 undo
    an act that has been done, make us also cognizant of it, so that we may lay b4
    u our bodies, lives, riches, wealth, wives and children; but if it b such a
    calamity that no remedy can b found, pray do not render yourself and ourselves,
    teh subjects of the region, full of grief & lamentation."

• satellite

n.

a small satel.
  • edited 2014-09-25 16:11:00
    sibling,
    child, offsping, successor, descendant, grandchild, adult child
    spouse
    parent, grandparent, ancestor, predecessor
    cousin
  • uncle/aunt
    niece/nephew
    matriarch/patriarch
    girlfriend/boyfriend
    fiancé/fiancée
  • actor/actress => actor
    fanboy/fangirl => fankid
  • sir/dame
    knight/lady
    duke/duchess => duke
    count/countess => count
    baron/baroness => baron
  • edited 2014-09-26 06:16:00
    major incidents of minor villainy

e.g.
    hacking wikipedia to force a policy change
    rehosting the cc by nc sa content of tv tropes on a non-nc website
    hacking the valve servers to distribute one's own improved version of the steam client
    causing US government webservers to publicly host wikileaks-posted information
    stealing credit-card data of walmart customers in order to post 2-cent statement credits on people's statements with the message "my two cents: stop shopping here"
  • edited 2014-09-26 12:34:25
    Disruption vs. Harm

Disruption is usually accompanied by harm, or at least the stereotype goes.  Because, why else would you disrupt the way a system is working?  Well, the typical answer would be "to make a statement", even at potentially great personal cost.

Technically, one could claim that disruption is harm -- which it would be, specifically to the notion of certainty.  Security is a specific form of certainty -- knowing how one's information will or will not be used, for example.  Stability is another word for it.  We like stability and predictability in our lives, and security in our persons and our belongings and attributes, so we perceive disruption as harm.

(NOTE: I am NOT saying this is right or wrong.  I am just making an observation.)

But disruption by itself does not make more harm than that.  However, it is typically used for more nefarious purposes, such as robbery, fraud, physical harm, or other activities.  So, usually, when disruptions without harm are done, the reactions usually range from a mild amusement at best to a hair-pulling sense of uncertainty at worst, the latter in the form of social embarrassment, national security risks, etc..
  • it looks weird typing single-digit numbers and the typing out "few" and "several"
    because "few" and "several" don't scan as numerical values upon a first look, but numerals do scan as numerical values

but some people say that we should type single-digit numbers as text.

that's counter-productive.  now not even the single-digit numbers can be scanned as numerical values.

instead of saying that single-digit numbers should be written out in text, we should invent a single-digit representation of "few" and "several".

so that they become scannable as well.

maybe few can be few.gif where it alternates between 1, 2, 3, and 4 randomly
    and several can be several.gif where it alternates between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 randomly
  • GUERILLA IMPROVEMENT TEAM
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • sir/dame
    knight/lady
    duke/duchess => duke
    count/countess => count
    baron/baroness => baron

kamen rider baron
  • i should remember to take the nonsense here

anyway

as¢ into heaven

¢ messages

Sun-¢inel

¢ry ahead!

20th ¢ury Fox

non¢se

¢se Abel

¢se and ¢sibility

¢ral Avenue

¢er for American Progress

dis¢ing opinion

in¢se sticks

in no ¢se do I mean that
  • a shit-out

shit up

shit-put

the shit heard 'round the world

Han shat first
  • [glados] wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • kcams

smack

kcams

smack
  • BIUabcx2x2

2x2xcbaIUB
  • Brigham Ioung University
  • Florida University

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
  • lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololcheerslololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
  • Gensokyo Bus Lines, Inc.
  • [insert bad pun on Bill Clinton's name and payment for prostitution services here]
  • Okay, I'll be completely honest.

Here's how I come up with puns.  I just look at something, and think of the next closest thing I could hang onto it.

Sometimes, depending on the context, I may also have a ethics filter.  Which asks "is this pun really really bad and should I feel bad for saying it out loud?".  If the answer is yes and the ethics filter is active, then I go onto the next closest thing.

Note that the first step completely ignores consideration of ethics, or morality.  It ALSO completely ignores whether something is dirty or clean.  I don't intentionally look for clean puns or dirty puns.  I may filter out the dirty puns, which I commonly do, but they go through my mind too, based on retrievability.  That said, dirty jokes are not very retrievable in my mind anyway.  So they're not very relevant to me.

On the other hand, it's frequently based on, what's the quickest way I can get myself to a common noun/verb/adjective with multiple meanings.  Sometimes, one is already waiting for me.  Sometimes, I need to change one or two letters to get to it.  But I just figure out how to do it with minimal changes to the subject, and run with it.
  • e.g.

"Pangur Ban" => "ban" => forum ban
    at this point, my ethics filter warns me that this is an active user's username, and bans are pretty serious business on a forum, which is where I'm talking.  So I refrain from making the joke.  New search.

"Pangur Ban" => "pan" => French word for bread
    substitute back in: breadgur ban
    "gur" doesn't mean anything by itself.  so i can't do that.
    I could make bread puns around it.  but it wouldn't be very obvious.
    so instead I could make bread puns, but translate everything to French.
    Google Translate makes it very easy to translate everything to French, and I know a teeny tiny bit of French from a few French classes (enough to get me into trouble), so I can probably give it proper word order.  Ish.  Maybe.  Let's run with this idea.

A quick Google Translate tells me that I actually derped, and misremembered the word for bread, which is actually "pain".  How unfortunate.  I can't do that anymore.  Next idea.

Well, "pan" is a word in English.  It also, conveniently, has a verb meaning and a noun meaning too.  Since English is SVO, I can definitely "pan" the "gur ban".  I need not even identify what a "gur ban" is -- as long as it is perceived as the object noun phrase, I have a pun on my hands.

/me pans the gur ban

N.B.: the actual meaning or source of "pangur ban" -- nor looking up such -- has never crossed my mind at all.
  • tl;dr:

puns = playing with language as if it were duplo blocks.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Pangur Bán is Old Irish for "white milliner."
  • Oh?  Interesting.  I remember I looked it up and found that thing about it being the name of a poem.  Didn't know that's what it actually meant.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's the cat's name in the poem.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    COMING SOON

HANNA-BARBERA

IS GONNA DELIVER

THE DICK
  • INTERCHANGEABILITY OF ENGLISH SYLLABLES
  • IMPRECISION OF PRONUNCIATION
  • in a loud room, the following names sound exactly the same:
    * Derek/Derrick
    * Darren/Darrin