I'm a little girl and nobody can convince me I'm not

2»

Comments

• Bow before your Queen, lowly mortals! Central Avenue’s eternal 8-year-old. [she/her]
    *puts on sunglasses in the coolest of cool ways*

I'M READY.
    Did you all want me?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Hey diminutive female, this canvas isn't gonna fingerpaint itself.
    Well, Mister Lobster ain't gonna play with himself either!  Why don't you play with him for a while?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

YOU CALLED...?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-10-11 19:44:07
    even though I know it/she's evil and eats Mami

I think Charlotte is really cool looking there for some reason
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's nothing to lose your head over
    Gekidan Inu Curry's witch designs are one of the coolest things about Madoka Magica. Which, given the series, is nothing to sneeze at.

Love that show.
  • edited 2013-10-11 22:54:26
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    it's nothing to lose your head over
  • i own three (3) enemieslist shirts

once, just once, i want someone to come up to me and go 'o hey i love deathconsciousness' but nobody ever does......
    I would.

I wish that I would run into someone with a NO FUN. NOT EVER. shirt...
    that is, naturally, one of the three elhr shirts i own

never seen anyone else in one though, and 'anthony fantano wore one on the internet' defo doesnt count
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Pillows are you sure you are not a little girl?

specifically this little girl?
    ha ha ha ha

grabbing Disney princess boobs
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ALICE ISN'T A PRINCESS

/pedant
  • edited 2013-10-21 10:42:02
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Ah, but the Disney Marketing MachineTM makes princesses out of all of its victims members! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Very few Disney princesses are actually princesses.
    Like shit, the only one I can think of that was a princess since birth is Jasmine. The rest is because they get married to princes
    Ariel was a princess, her father's the king of the ocean or something.
  • edited 2013-10-21 12:27:33
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Snow White, Aurora and Rapunzel are all princesses by birth

so is Merida (yes i know she's Pixar but still)
  • edited 2013-10-21 14:14:35
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Route 666 said:

ALICE ISN'T A PRINCESS

/pedant
    She is in Kingdom Hearts! (Replacing Ariel, for some reason. I blame the tail.)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Snow White, Aurora and Rapunzel are all princesses by birth

so is Merida (yes i know she's Pixar but still)

She was incorporated into the Disney Princess line, and Pixar is presented to the public as "Disney•Pixar" anyway
  • edited 2013-10-23 20:44:45
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I still love that they include Mulan in the Disney Princess line, despite the fact that doing so completely contradicts the message of her movie.
  • edited 2013-10-23 22:21:56
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Wasn't that kinda the same issue with Merida?
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    They wanted minorities, logic be damned. Otherwise they'd be limited to Jasmine and Pocahontas.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    And have I ever mentioned how much contempt I have for the Pocahontas team raping history?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't recall you mentioning that but i can't blame you for feeling that way

i dislike the figurative use of 'rape' but i know what you mean

i enjoyed that movie as a kid but it has very little to do with actual historical events or Powhatan culture
  • edited 2013-10-24 16:52:36
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

It's a fascinating story, and one nearly opposite in each detail to what Disney did. John Smith reported Pocahontas as being "tenne" or "twelve", and going naked like other Powhatan children. She may not even have hit puberty, let alone been sexually attracted to Smith. By the time she was a young adult, she'd been captured by the colonists, embraced Christianity, and soon made peace between the two peoples via political marriage. Instead Disney has her converting her English love interest to shamanism.

She also met King James and Ben Jonson in London, before dying of a Eurasian disease at no more than 22 (some direct to video sequel that would've been).

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The history is one thing, but what always bugged me about Pocahontas was the geography (being a map nerd and all). Watch the "Colors of the Wind" trailer. See how there's suddenly mountains within easy walking distance of Jamestown? Those mountains are easily a 3-hour drive away in real life. :P
    They're not even in the post-ACW state of Virginia, IIRC, but the Appalachians of West Virginia.
  • And have I ever mentioned how much contempt I have for the Pocahontas team raping history?

Aliroz hates the thing. Ali hates the thing so much. You're in good company.

They wanted minorities, logic be damned. Otherwise they'd be limited to Jasmine and Pocahontas.

And Tiana!
    ^ Not at that point.
    Right...derp.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    lol they should make a movie about Cristoforo Colombo's romantic quest to prove the earth was round and make friends with the Native Americans.

(no, i don't need to be corrected because i know the real story)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This thread went in a totally different direction than I expected

I figured it would be Alice being loopy and AU and Imi responding and then drop off the front page in like a day
  • *thinks of Teana Lanster*

Who's Tiana?

lol they should make a movie about Cristoforo Colombo's romantic quest to prove the earth was round and make friends with the Native Americans.

"The year is 1492. Many people believed that the world was flat, and that ships would fall off the edge of the earth and float off into space. However, an Italian navigator named Christopher Columbus had a revolutionary idea — he thought that the world was square."
    ...how the hell did I not know about Ben & Me until just now?

I'm such a neophyte at this Disneyphilia thing
    why would you want to be a Disneyphile
    There's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not quite sure what it might be
    ^^After they let Pixar have the run of the feature animation side really things have been better

I admit, I wasn't all that into Disney when I was younger (their work didn't resonate with me that much then, and Eisner was trying to turn Disney into something it wasn't and it felt off to me)
  • I had no idea Disney did a version of Ben & Me.

Sounds hella lame tho
    why do you think that
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Ben & Me is the one with the mouse befriending Benjamin Franklin, right? I recall it being entertaining enough.
  • Though both book and film deal with the relationship between a mouse and Benjamin Franklin, the book, with illustrations by Lawson, focused more heavily on actual historical events and personages.

the historical bits were my favorite
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Haha, wikipedia has an article about the Disney short film but not about the original book. Of course.
  • But the world IS square, if you look at it backwards.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

"The year is 1492. Many people believed that the world was flat, and that ships would fall off the edge of the earth and float off into space. However, an Italian navigator named Christopher Columbus had a revolutionary idea — he thought that the world was square."
    XD wow this is a thing isn't it

But the world IS square, if you look at it backwards.

:3