Amy's Baking Company

edited 2013-06-15 14:29:06 in General

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • I'm watching Gordon take on these guys.

...This isn't a joke.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    From what I understand, they really are that bad, and they're lucky they haven't been arrested (or, at least, banned from Facebook) yet.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162-57585764/amys-baking-company-could-face-legal-nightmare/

The format of the show is that Gordon Ramsay -- a salty-tongued and award-winning chef and restaurateur

I know this isn't really the point, but Ramsay isn't merely an award winning, restaurateur. He's one of the most successful, prestigious living chefs of our age. The only other people on this planet who can claim they've had a more successful restaurant career than him are old as balls. 

Anyhow, these people are bat-shit crazy. Possibly the craziest Ramsey has had to deal with yet, and he's had to deal with lots of crazies. 

I saw another article that suggested this was staged (though this was prior to the more recent developments). Obviously the writer has never actually watched Kitchen Nightmares. (S)He'd have known Ramsey has had to deal with kitchen crews that have set fire to Nachos and many of the people who set out to create restaurants have no idea what they are doing and are kinda brutally insane.

"We are beautiful people"

Also "My husband and I enjoy the finest champagne and caviar whenever we so choose." Should be the next "What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?"

In addition to the deportation issue, the Husband is apparently banned from France and Germany.

Also:

Amy spent more than a year in federal prison for using someone else's Social Security Number to apply for a bank loan. "We both made mistakes in the past. We have done our time," she told The Republic.

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    yup, these guys are the scum of the earth

and that's really all there is to say on the matter
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    They remind me of the "My name is John and I hate every single one of you" copypasta

Come to here, I will fucking show you all.

I'll have to track down this episode. Ramsey has dealt with many restaurants that where clearly lost causes but he at least stuck it out to the end. These people must be completely out of their minds.
  • Maybe they were baked, hur hur
  • Re: the deportation thing: Oh, man, he's finished. This is Arizona, after all (though he might get a pass for being European).

^^I think I can link you parts 1 and 2, if you'd like.

Yes please. I'll want to share with Friday.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Scottsdale is full of pretentious twits, or so I heard when I lived near there
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    YouTube has everything

Warning: It's somewhat amusing but also genuinely painful to watch

Oh

My

God.

I've seen lots of episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, but that...that...

It was like...

A train wreck...beautifully choreographed with music numbers and everything. People danced as steel beams impaled their abdomen. They flail and try to continue despite the fact that they're dying. A man sings the best he's ever sung as flames engulfs him and a train car collapses around him. I have seen the terrible face of God. I have seen Hell, and it is other people. 

Specifically, the owners of Amy's Baking Company.

• edited 2013-06-11 02:24:13
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That plastic surgery has made her face look scary and vaguely inhuman.

Friday and I noticed this as well.

One of the best things is that they definitely lead with their best foot. Great looking deserts and a clean looking kitchen. The later is something Gordon rarely sees on his show. You can watch Ramsey's face as it slowly dawns on him the depths of madness he has walked into.

And a turn around of about 100 staff in a year?! That means someone either leaves or is fired 3 to 4 days. They MUST be loaded to be shoveling that much money into that blast furnace of a restaurant.
  • That plastic surgery has made her face look scary and vaguely inhuman.

This.

Also, after watching it, hooooly crap. You just know it's bad when you feel legitimately bad for Gordon for even bothering to try. I can't imagine working there either.

Wouldn't surprise me if that freezer was secretly a passage into Hell.
  • edited 2013-06-11 05:33:08
    Bunny said:

yup, these guys are the scum of the earth

and that's really all there is to say on the matter

Your concern is noted.

Justice42 said:

I saw another article that suggested this was staged (though this was prior to the more recent developments). Obviously the writer has never actually watched Kitchen Nightmares. (S)He'd have known Ramsey has had to deal with kitchen crews that have set fire to Nachos and many of the people who set out to create restaurants have no idea what they are doing and are kinda brutally insane.
    The staff member that was fired in the episode said that none of it was staged. Some of the customers may have intentionally faked disgusted reactions, but that's about it.

I also felt sorry for Gordon. You can tell in some scenes that he's barely holding back his anger.

^ I dunno. These people no doubt deserve it, but a complaint that's basically "she's ugly" seems petty to me.
  • @Justice: Did you tape your reaction to it as you watched?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-06-11 06:12:12
    Acer: Well, her physical ugliness isn't so much a criticism of the restaurant as it is just an off-hand subjective aside, which I'm willing to acknowledge as such. The actual restaurant's problems are more tied to her and her husband's behavorial ugliness, and boy are they apparent.

In other news, I knew something had to be off about these folks as soon as cloning and son-like treatment of cats became part of the conversation. Moreso that first part than the second.

(Also I have a strange feeling that even cloning would be a lost cause for them because of their "control freak" tendencies. I mean, I doubt I'll ever know but there's a very high chance their clones would be the "kill and replace" type, not the "settle for second" type.)
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I don't see anything wrong with her face?
  • edited 2013-06-11 09:17:01
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I don't see anything wrong with her face?

Her features are flattened and stretched in unnatural ways due to unnecessary surgery to prevent wrinkles. It makes her look like an uncomfortably lifelike mannequin rather than a human being.
    oh
    (they're just jealous)
  • edited 2013-06-11 10:54:32
    How could I not be jealous of their immaturity and passive-aggressiveness?

Also, the dessert Gordon ate at the start? It was store-bought. They didn't tell him because he "doesn't know how it works" (which is a crock of shit BTW)
    I meant jealous of her facial features

But I was also kidding
  • Oh, that I know. So was I.

@Justice: Did you tape your reaction to it as you watched?

No. I had to multi-task watching Lain. 

Shame, too. I literally fell on the floor laughing I was in such disbelief. 

Acererak said:

Also, the dessert Gordon ate at the start? It was store-bought. They didn't tell him because he "doesn't know how it works" (which is a crock of shit BTW)
    Ah, that explains it.

Also, I think the "ugly" comment came up because the wife insisted her and her husband where "beautiful people" compared to the "disgusting pig people" of Rededitor.

I'd be concerned if this thread deteriorated into making fun of their appearance, but I think a few counter assessments of their apperence are in order.
  • Acererak said:

Ah, that explains it.

Also, I think the "ugly" comment came up because the wife insisted her and her husband where "beautiful people" compared to the "disgusting pig people" of Rededitor.

Well now that you bring that up, it seems a bit more warranted.

• >Reddit
    >disgusting pig people

...I'm not sure about anyone else but they described Quip and I rather well, and we're both Redditors.
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    Speak for yourself, bitch, I'm fabulous.

My husband and I enjoy the finest champagne and caviar whenever we so choose.
  • Since when do you have a husband?
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    Since last Tuesday. His name is Cornelius.
    ...I'm not sure about anyone else but they described Quip and I rather well, and we're both Redditors.
    I don't think you are overweight like she says and also you are not a disgusting pig person; the disgusting pig people are corrupt people in power who leech their fortune off of the underprivileged. :D
  • March of the Pigs, by Nine Inch Nails?
  • Tre said:

>Reddit
    >disgusting pig people

You look pretty thin to me, dude.
  • If not in weight, surely I am a pig in appetite. :P

But where you made from the slime of your own hatred at the world?
  • edited 2013-06-12 02:07:02

March of the Pigs, by Nine Inch Nails?
    Justice42 said:

But where you made from the slime of your own hatred at the world?

I waaaaaas!
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Is Amy for real? No person can be that batshit insane.
  • Is Amy for real? No person can be that batshit insane.

You'd be surprised.
  • No person can be that batshit insane.

Apparently people can be and are that batshit insane.
  • edited 2013-06-13 12:27:38
    Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    Acererak said:

Apparently people can be and are that batshit insane.

My entire existence is a testament to this fact.

Amy is possibly the craziest person they've had on the the show, but Gordon Ramsay deals with TONS of crazies on this show.

It sort of comes with the territory of not knowing anything about running a restaurant, but acquiring funds and investing in a property, cooking equipment, hiring employees, etc... anyways.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It seems like most people on the show at least recognize that they're desperate enough that their businesses will tank without help, and will at least reluctantly accept Ramsay's help when they realize the alternative is going bankrupt. The smart ones stick to it and turn their business around; the more stubborn and short-sighted ones revert all his changes immediately after he leaves.

Amy and Sammy, on the other hand, are so stubborn they wouldn't even accept his changes to begin with. They're completely unwilling to accept criticism to the point that they label anyone who gives negative reviews online "cyberbullies". It's almost CWC-esque, though at least CWC actually was being trolled.