IJBM: Bugs

13»

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm kinda surprised that the advent of IJBM2 didn't tell people that packing up and moving was acceptable...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It kinda did, didn't it? Aside from, say, #yackfest, it seems like most of the more active spinoffs only cropped up after IJBM proved that a forum consisting mostly of ex-tropers was viable.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Well, more people, I mean. This forum wouldn't exist if not for IJBM2's example...
  • edited 2013-04-03 17:44:02
    I think #tropers is the original spinoff community.  If not another one before even it.

Then there was #yackfest, then IJBM2, then HH, then BTL.  And at some point Troper Tales Wikia and Fetish Fuel Wikia became things.

Are there others?

And I don't think Fast Eddie hates young adults; he just seems to have assumed they could do better than insert sexuality, fandoms, and argumentation into everything.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The TV Tropes Mirror Wiki was a thing. There are also the little spinoffs of spinoffs like Novafest.
  • edited 2013-04-03 17:47:00
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Is Novafest still even going? I haven't looked at it for quite a while now.
  • edited 2013-04-03 17:47:27
    Oh I forgot TVTMW.
    Haven't heard of Novafest before though.  When/why did they spin off?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    IIRC, it's basically just a backup forum for #yackfest, which is how I knew about it in the first place.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's basically Nova's little forum thing. It was semi-active around the beginning of BTL 2.0, but I'm not sure now.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    lee4hmz said:

AU: From what I remember, enough people begged for it to stay that it was able to get by with just a name change. I doubt they've have let it start now if it didn't already exist, between Google threatening to pull funding and Eddie's seeming dislike of young adults in general.

Talk about grandfather clauses.

(Fun fact: every time I say "talk about ____" I have to resist the urge to say "talk about eye candy!" instead, since that will, like, not be a joke most people get)
  • Is Novafest still even going? I haven't looked at it for quite a while now.

It's pretty dead right about now.