Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• Well, it does beg the question of why relatively insipid stuff garners more attention than pressing issues.

No it doesn't, people pay more attention to feelgood stuff than important issues, it's just the way humans are wired.
  • Well, it does beg the question of why relatively insipid stuff garners more attention than pressing issues.

No it doesn't, people pay more attention to feelgood stuff than important issues, it's just the way humans are wired.
    Who is people? Like, American people or all humans?
  • edited 2013-02-27 01:16:33
    Feel good

Feel good

Feel good

Feel good

(Incidentally, that song has been stuck in my head all month.)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I kinda want to create a parody blog in which I play an over-the-top otherkin SJW. Not because I want to get a rise out of people or "troll" anyone, but just because I like the idea of playing a character and I think it would be fun to make said character silly and oblivious.

My worry, though, is that people will take it as serious and try to interact with my character as if she's a real person. I don't want to actively be deceptive, I just want to screw around and have fun.

I'm wondering if it would be enough to just emblazon said blog with THIS IS A PARODY.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I'm wondering if it would be enough to just emblazon said blog with THIS IS A PARODY.
    Years ago there was a website that called the furry fandom satanic and claimed to reach out to furry fans called "Furrys for Jesus" or something. When it was first started it was actually pretty funny until they emblazoned THIS IS A PARODY SITE all over the place ruining the joke. 

So there's really no need to do that. Most folks will either know better or just roll their eyes. 
  • oMFG I just came downstairs and I found my sister with a lighter and I told her she can’t use fire and that it could catch the house on fire. She said that she was doing something important so I asked “what the hell is so important that you need fire for!?” and she told me with serious face ” I am using black magic to summon demons to get the mean girls at my school.” i can’t fucking breathe. I sat and watched her ritual hahahahaha shes fucking 10 years old
    Don’t be surprised when Sam and Dean come knocking on your door.

I'm not sure if this is disturbing or hilarious.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    oMFG I just came downstairs and I found my sister with a lighter and I told her she can’t use fire and that it could catch the house on fire. She said that she was doing something important so I asked “what the hell is so important that you need fire for!?” and she told me with serious face ” I am using black magic to summon demons to get the mean girls at my school.” i can’t fucking breathe. I sat and watched her ritual hahahahaha shes fucking 10 years old

And it turns out these were the guys who were dispatched:

• Haw Haw Haw
  • Tumblr's apparently shutting down on Friday through Sunday.

But the post came from some random user, and I haven't heard anything from the staff.

Suspicious.
  • edited 2013-02-28 03:30:15
    dude
    dude
    The days mentioned in that post are 29, 30 and 31st of February
    maybe you've noticed something suspicious about that...?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Am I, like, the only #yackfest person who doesn't use IllFlower's theme?

I still have Redux (which was the default when I started), just modified heavily...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    What is his theme?

Is it just me, or do the Missing E devs seem to be taking their sweet time updating it for the current layout?

The latest version was released in December, you'd think by now someone would have said "fuck it" and made a competing extension.

dude

dude
    The days mentioned in that post are 29, 30 and 31st of February
    maybe you've noticed something suspicious about that...?
    ...well, at least I noticed something wrong with it.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Am I, like, the only #yackfest person who doesn't use IllFlower's theme?

I still have Redux (which was the default when I started), just modified heavily...
    I don't. Then again, my Tumblr is also boring to look at, so...
    Neither do Buttercup or Fiora.

Perhaps it's only the #yackfest men who use IllFlower's theme, and us ladies decide to be individuals and stand out from the crowd. v_v
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm a #yackfest man

I don't use IllFlower's theme!
    well, then there's only one solution

i must amend reality to match my unsupported statement instead of the other way around

give me your tumblr password
    What a boring way of warping reality.
  • edited 2013-02-28 19:07:58
    We can do anything if we do it together.
  • So, I'm considering donating $1 to a girl who wants to cosplay but can't because she's poor and her parents refse to help her (on the basis that she's too fat to cosplay). In return, I will get a sketch of anything I want. Her art's typical of the Deviantart crowd, but it's a good deal for a dollar.

I feel bad about this. I've passed up dozens of things like this, involving people who were in much worse situations. I'm only doing this one because it's cheap. And that makes me cheap.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I've donated more than the minimum amount to charities before. If you think you can and should give more than a dollar to her, I don't see why not.
    man, i should start a "donate money to buy me a new laptop because my family is in foreclosure and none of us can afford to replace mine" post thingy

i don't think i could do so in good conscience, though
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm slowly posting because of the new season of AHS doesn't come until October and I rather spend time drawing and/or playing video games.
  • edited 2013-03-02 12:54:46
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Didn't he also get 150 donated to him to make a "soul portrait" which he then used to go to Olive Garden?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think he did. XD
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Here is the post about it. ^_^
  • this is probably the only sex gif i will every reblog, because for some reason i feel like it’s more than just sex. i don’t know if it’s how they’re actually looking at one another or the way they can’t get close enough. he’s actually looking at her like a person and not just a sex object.      

but then again, it could be all in my head. i mean, this is how i would want it to be. but that’s just me
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Oh god, I'm crying over here.

Seriously, there are literally tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
    "Is Magic the Gathering real"

I am confused here. Are people asking if the card game is real? If the events of the card game are real?

You gotta keep reading, that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

"cool jorkes"

• Everytime I check this thread, I scroll up and see a sheep doing a skate trick

It makes me so happy, you don't understand
  • Basically, Neil Cicierega is the best.

evangushesaboutpersona:

my-life-as-a-teenage-robotnik:

coelasquid:

arachnofiend:

theeverydaygoth:

fuckyeahlonghairedgirls:

Cutting hair short “just because” and changing hairstyles frequently is a sign of fickleness, and that is inherently unattractive. That’s why short hair is often seen on little girls and little teenage hipster chicks and riotgrrl punx because they haven’t matured to be able to take care of their own appearance.

Something as simple and easy as having long, flowing, beautiful and sexy hair is a sign of integrity and being able to stick to one thing for quite a while, something that most people lack in this day and age. It’s a sign of maturity and adulthood.

There’s also something really sensual about long, untamed, naturally grown hair. Seeing it is like an instant connection to nature and earthiness and humanness, if you’re into that spiritual hippie stuff. I am, if only a little bit.

Now I’m not saying that a sexy girl can’t look sexy with short hair (because she’s already sexy regardless), but I think a woman looks like a woman when she has long hair. Long hair is a signifier of maturity and womanliness.

Enough said.

Coming from a long haired girl, go fuck yourself. 

At first I was angry but then I read “simple and easy” describing the maintenance of long hair and just started laughing

I’m a strong female character who don’t need no hair.

wow what

what

imo a lot of girls look a lot better with short hair just because of the shape of their face

hair has nothing to do with maturity it has to do with how someone wants to look??? some people find short hair attractive i don’t get what that has to do with how ‘grown up’ you are

As a guy who likes short hair better on women, go fuck yourself.

So, this is a great example of how Tumblr can take something great and funny and run it into the ground until it's just a giant crater in the city and everything is on fire and we can't call the fire department because they got crushed by a little internet comic and now this world is an unending hell that there is no escape from.

Girls occasionally cut their hair short and do end up regretting it a few days later. I've seen it happen so this comic was funny, but underneath it is a battle ground.

Just...what the hell tumblr.
  • edited 2013-03-03 14:50:43
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    youtube is worse than that. It's amazing, that people, when placed in a void with only a small stimulus between them, will choose to war with each other, instead of all the other things that they can be doing or discussing. :p But it depends on the crowd I guess. :)

Men used to have long hair too!! I dunno where the "women are supposed to have long hair/men are supposed to have short hair" thing came from.
  • flufy hair is the best hair
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Yes it is

That is why my hair is perfect
  • Justice42 said:

evangushesaboutpersona:

my-life-as-a-teenage-robotnik:

coelasquid:

arachnofiend:

theeverydaygoth:

fuckyeahlonghairedgirls:

Cutting hair short “just because” and changing hairstyles frequently is a sign of fickleness, and that is inherently unattractive. That’s why short hair is often seen on little girls and little teenage hipster chicks and riotgrrl punx because they haven’t matured to be able to take care of their own appearance.

Something as simple and easy as having long, flowing, beautiful and sexy hair is a sign of integrity and being able to stick to one thing for quite a while, something that most people lack in this day and age. It’s a sign of maturity and adulthood.

There’s also something really sensual about long, untamed, naturally grown hair. Seeing it is like an instant connection to nature and earthiness and humanness, if you’re into that spiritual hippie stuff. I am, if only a little bit.

Now I’m not saying that a sexy girl can’t look sexy with short hair (because she’s already sexy regardless), but I think a woman looks like a woman when she has long hair. Long hair is a signifier of maturity and womanliness.

Enough said.

Coming from a long haired girl, go fuck yourself. 

At first I was angry but then I read “simple and easy” describing the maintenance of long hair and just started laughing

I’m a strong female character who don’t need no hair.

wow what

what

imo a lot of girls look a lot better with short hair just because of the shape of their face

hair has nothing to do with maturity it has to do with how someone wants to look??? some people find short hair attractive i don’t get what that has to do with how ‘grown up’ you are

As a guy who likes short hair better on women, go fuck yourself.

So, this is a great example of how Tumblr can take something great and funny and run it into the ground until it's just a giant crater in the city and everything is on fire and we can't call the fire department because they got crushed by a little internet comic and now this world is an unending hell that there is no escape from.
    Girls occasionally cut their hair short and do end up regretting it a few days later. I've seen it happen so this comic was funny, but underneath it is a battle ground.
    Just...what the hell tumblr.

I think it's funny that the first guy actually has a blog called fuckyeahlonghairedgirls.

Someone takes their hair preferences slightly too seriously.

also why do you highlight everything you post