The Big Book of Heapisms -- Discussion & Submissions

2»

Comments

• edited 2012-07-17 15:14:53
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Speaking of which, orgone jokes seem to be a thing now, considering that Justice and I have both made a number of them independently. (In my case, it's a matter of weaponisation.)

So are reptilians and "I knew who made this thread before I clicked on it."
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This thread is cool. Let's see, what can I add?

Central Avenue: Nonsense lover and self-proclaimed Princess of the Heap. Loves cartoons, highways, retail, and Anonus, with whom she apparently shares a mind. Frequent poster in the original Heap until early 2012.

Charlotte: Rambunctious 8-year-old alter ego of Central Avenue. Has rather short attention span and often goes on long, rambling tangents. Seen less often as of late; rumored to have merged with her adult counterpart.

Amazon.com and the Insufferable Jackass: Series of nonsensical vignettes written by Central Avenue, starring the personification of online retailer Amazon.com and her best friend, who is insufferably jackassish.

#trashheap party: An invitation posted on the forum for others to join the #trashheap IRC channel on Esper. Done approximately whenever someone feels like it.
  • okay so

the OP is now officially too long

and I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

• Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Hellephant is not unique to Heapers' Hangout.

It is unique to SEAMUS
  • Heaptopia: Alternate Universe where Heapisms are law. Below are excerpts from a travel guide on the planet.

5. Currency of Heaptopia

In Heaptopia, due to the splintered world government and the large number of independent powers, there is no universal currency that's accepted by everybody. However, there are a few primary currencies that are accepted by large numbers of the population, as well as a few specialty currencies that can only be used in certain places. We've compiled the primary and secondary currencies as part of this introduction guide

* Imipoints - Named after Imipolex G. Pynchon, the former Treasurer of the Interior and current Lord of the Mountains. Imipoints are the most accepted currency in Heaptopia, as they were the currency of the recently disestablished Heap Government. They can be found in chests and crates in most parts of Heaptopia. Alternatively, they can be found as monster drops while exploring (don't ask how they got there). They can be exchanged for everything from furniture to armor. They can also be used in some of the specialty shops listed below, but the price is often doubled or tripled when using Imipoints.
    * Hipsterpoints - Hipsterpoints are given out daily by Idler XX and J. Zombie, former malcontents against the Heap Government. Though they didn't participate directly in the fall of the government, they are cited as models by many of the rebel leaders. Though the government has fallen and there is no longer reason for them to stay in hiding, they continue to do so to avoid being 'mainstream'. As such, hipsterpoints can only be received through extremely byzantine methods. One must find one of the hipster centers hidden across the continent, receive a 15-digit password, find a different hipster center and enter it. Alternatively, one can rob a hipster center, though this will mark you as a criminal (See Section 12). However, the rewards for your efforts are great. Hipsterpoints can be used in hipster shops, which are also hidden, to buy keys that unlock secret passageways and sidequests considered too 'mainstream' for the average player.
    * Gnaw Credits - Gnaw Credits are the official currency of Loidopolis, formerly known as Southwest Heaptopia. This currency was created by Loid, the rat emperor who pulled the area together after the government collapse. Gnaw Credits are given to those who help the empire in some way, usually by contributing to the food bank that is constantly gnawed upon by the Clone Army of the Emperor, based on the Emperor himself. Since most commodities are directly given by the government to the citizens, the free market is very, very small. However, Loidopolis is home to some of the most disturbingly dangerous weapons in Heaptopia, along with excellent armor. Any PC would want Loidopolis gear before a big fight.
    ** NOTE: Using Gnaw Credits is the only way to get the Beartrap Launcher.
    * Vanity Plates - Specialty plates from cars and ending film reels from entertainment companies. Though they are rare, they can occasionally be found while exploring areas that were damaged during the fall of the government. Famous road engineer Central Avenue will accept plates in exchange for roadway-themed gear while entertainment mogul Anonus will do the same for film reels in exchange for font-themed gear.
    ** NOTE: Using vanity plates is the only way to get the Road Sign Halbred, the Route 66 Shield, the Comic Sans-print Necromonium or the Arial Staff. Rumours of other methods are false and should not be trusted.
    * Prose - Scraps of literature of an unsavoury sort. Only two individuals accept prose as currency: Arthur Fetchman, the traveling contraband merchant, and S.Z. Meyer, the self-proclaimed mistress of the Northern Isle and owner of a magic shop. W.D. wishes to destroy all prose while S.Z. wants to collect it all for herself. Though both will accept imipoints for most items, some high-quality items can only be bought using prose.
    * Hats - These are not currency; they are worn as headgear. Ignore this bullet point.
    * 8-balls - Rare items found in the deepest dungeons. Only accepted by the mysterious mistress of the Isle of Arachnia.
  • 13. Deities

As in most universes, there are figures of great power that Heaptopians pledge their fealty to. Many still obey their self-chosen shoguns despite the dissolution of all government. It’s not uncommon for new arrivals to attach themselves to one of these figures to gain some manner of protection. Even if you don’t, it’s wise to understand the three major deities.

Qwzra the Mogul:
    The alien king. Qwzra was originally known as the King of Mars, but he abdicated his position and moved to New Chicago, Heaptopia to take over the Heaptopian branch of the Tribune Company. Besides his great wealth, incredible smacking powers and financial acuity, he also possesses unearthly beauty. His mere appearance can turn everyone in the vicinity bisexual. When the screaming hordes of fans and the multiple letters of those who were uncomfortable with being bi became too much for him, he retreated into his CEO office (which also houses the space elevator to the moon) and never came out. He continues to command his followers through CAPITAL GREEN LETTERS IN THE SKY, as he traditionally did on Mars, and his messenger. Many of his followers hope to gain a night with the king as a reward for their continued servitude.
    His official figurehead is Anonus and his color is GREEN. He rewards followers with physical items.

Hellephant:
    The eldritch pachyderm. He does not reside on Heaptopia itself, but lives beyond the moon and the pointy moon, in a place where human eyes do not dwell. He emerges on Heaptopia at random, occasionally at the behest of his favored acolyte, to remind the denizens that he exists. He often claims that he will destroy the planet, but so far, nothing has come about from that. He prefers massive shows of power rather than true destruction.
    Despite his omnicidal wishes, he is greatly beloved by many Heaptopians. I assume it's because of his charisma or his grandeur, or the fiery powers that he bestows to those who please him. He distributes his messages through eldritch .
    His official figurehead is Seamus the Dog-Headed and his color is BLACK. He rewards followers with fire items.

Lord Cetacea:
    The blue leviathan. Though he has only recently contacted humanity, he has swum underneath the waves of Heaptopia for many millenia. In that time, he has ruled over the seas with a firm flipper, making sure that all species can survive to the best of their abilities. He only rose from the depths when there were some altercations between the blue sharks and the human fishermen. He successfully mediated the conflict, giving him a reputation of a mediator.
    He comes to the surface rarely, but he usually takes the time to talk to a few of his human subjects, especially the herald who announced his coming. He always treats his subjects with the utmost respect, and rewards their fealty with artifacts from the deep.
    His official figurehead is Yarrun of the Mace and his color is BLUE. He rewards followers with water items.
  • ^ GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
  • edited 2012-07-17 18:07:13
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Lee4hmz: Mysterious being from another planet, or perhaps just a guy from Virginia who knows way too much about everything (including, oddly enough, typefaces, logos and roads). Might be AU and CA's time-travelling spirit child from the future. Often found babbling about whatever's on his mind, particularly if old computers are involved. Tends to get depressed sometimes because he's never been that great at making friends and misses the ones he does have when they go away for too long.

Found the Heap sometime in 2011 while looking for an alternative to the other megathreads, and now hosts this board for everyone.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *applauds Yarrun's epicposts*

Also, a Comic Sans-print Necronomicon is totally something I would want. Pure evil.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Imi: You mean like this? XD

Something like that.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-17 20:23:58
    Tre: A 15 and a half year old heaper with a mohawk. I've got interest in basically everything there is for a 15-year-old to have reasonable interest in (except for serious discussion, which I kind of avoid) and like talking to folks, though admittedly I'm kind of awkward about it. Oh, and also I create a bunch of stuff, mainly music, a book series named Stuck (not done yet), and the logo for the site you're on right now. So yeah. Hi.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    or, restart the thread and then squat the first three or four posts for placeholders
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Yarrun said:

Not a bad idea. Make one thread for the actual Book and one for discussing the book.

I LIKE it!
  • edited 2012-07-18 15:55:02
    This is recent, but:

Gravity Falls: A recent cartoon that airs on the Disney Channel, and happens to be one of the very few watchable things on there, and is closer to things like Adventure Time than the channel's usual fare. Follows a pair of twins who try to solve the various strange mysteries that occur in the titular sleepy little town, where the answers are often stranger than the questions these mysteries inspire(Lake monster? It's really a robot that's controlled by a moonshine runner with an alienated son). Sorta like Twin Peaks for kids. Turned out to be a hit, like Phineas and Ferb, and that already gained a fanbase that tunes into the channel when it isn't running shitty sitcoms nearly 24/7.
  • alright.

I'll make this the submissions & discussion thread and make a new thread for the book itself.

• I'm going to have to ask that no one else post in that thread though. Just so it stays consistent.
  • edited 2012-07-18 16:17:48

I am not a regular member. could this be fixed?

And could it be formatted for increased readability?
    You are an irregular member?
    You should eat more vegetables, then.
  • I am not a regular member. could this be fixed?

And could it be formatted for increased readability?

I don't know what you mean by not being a regular member. You're here pretty often.

And if you have any suggestions on how to do that, sure. I'm just trying to categorize things and then alphabetize them within their categories.

• Bold terms and names.

And as a regular, I should prolly be on the regular members list.
    Frictional_Minnaneywhatever: Only poster to be probated a full week. Embeds random videos. And stuff. I dunno. (*Shrug*)
  • Oh.

Yeah I haven't added stuff from the last couple pages yet, and I'll fix the formatting shortly.

Peeps have been banned.

Though, I guess they're not really "members" after that.

And you have to be a very special sort of douche bag to get banned, anyway, so I guess you could make a case for the banned people never really being "regulars". 
  • HOW COULD YOU BAN PEEPS????? D:

• I'll add him.

we're apparently leaving to do some grocery shopping soon so I'm not sure I want to start adding things right this second.

• edited 2012-07-18 16:53:10
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

HOW COULD YOU BAN PEEPS????? D:

Because of their incendiary properties.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only problem I can think of with this setup is that the other thread is now going to rapidly sink and end up falling off the front page very quickly.
  • *shrug*

not much I can do about that unless you want to pin it or something.

You think it warrants pinning? I kinda feel we have too many pinned threads as it is...
  • Not particularly, but you indicated you wanted it near the top so I thought you did.
  • Here's an idea.

We'll have it listed on everyone's bookmarks. Those who don't comply will be summarily beaten until they concede.

What can possibly go wrong?
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    There aren't bookmarks on mobile. :(
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

pin this thread.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    what is this shit what am i looking at
  • we really need to autolock old threads.

Aliroz said:

pin this thread.

Uhhh... it's got some nice trips down memory lane except when you hit certain spots that happen to be potholes and there are posts that are kind of not as funny in hindsight.

So...yeah... probably not.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    vaporize this =_=
  • hey since I technically made this thread can I ask for it to be locked or deleted?

thanks
    I have nothing to fear from this thread

hey since I technically made this thread can I ask for it to be locked or deleted?

thanks

Granted.
This discussion has been closed.