YOU ARE NOT A CONTENT CREATOR

Comments

• no that was me trying to express the worries that lead to my having a bit of sympathy for the Oh No Death Of Culture thing but it didn't work so retsupurae

so what you're saying is that you don't like memes?
    Anonus said:

Dis(ney/covery)

anonus no
  • kill living beings
    the harrowing of deez nuts

no i just

n
  • edited 2015-08-12 00:01:00
    kill living beings

no that was me trying to express the worries that lead to my having a bit of sympathy for the Oh No Death Of Culture thing but it didn't work so retsupurae

i'm confused how you got this out of what i said. i know it was confused but i didn't think it was so bad you could come to this kind of confusion. i really hecked that up.

'hecked up' is a meme. i am cool.
  • no that was me trying to express the worries that lead to my having a bit of sympathy for the Oh No Death Of Culture thing but it didn't work so retsupurae

i'm confused how you got this out of what i said. i know it was confused but i didn't think it was so bad you could come to this kind of confusion. i really hecked that up.

'hecked up' is a meme. i am cool.
    I was joking, Klino.

I mean I really am not sure what you meant, but that was a joke also.
  • kill living beings
    wow

i'm outclassed
    dead
  • the harrowing of deez nuts

no i just

n

Memeonology
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    All of this makes me wonder if ancient cultures had personal aesthetics and dank memes.
  • the pyramids were just a dank meme that got really out of hand
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    lee4hmz said:

All of this makes me wonder if ancient cultures had personal aesthetics and dank memes.

what a shocking bad hat
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I create content because I AM RECLAIMING THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION FOR THE PROLETARIAT
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/06/sex_and_pop_the_forgotten_1909_hit_that_introduced_adultery_to_american.html
  • Vampire Lady of Corvidia

(The other Jane)
    MachSpeed said:

I create content because I AM RECLAIMING THE MEANS OF PRODUCTION FOR THE PROLETARIAT

• the proletariat is ugly tbqh
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    So very ugly. That's why they're the proletariat.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the beautiful bourgeoisie
    Odradek said:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/06/sex_and_pop_the_forgotten_1909_hit_that_introduced_adultery_to_american.html
    Older than that, even. Like, what sorts of stock jokes and horrible catch phrases did the Greeks and Romans have?

...I should really go read the Pompeii graffiti transcripts again.
  • lee4hmz said:

God: *submerges entire planet except for two of each animal* aesthetic
    That's not an aesthetic, that's just an aes-hole.
  • Haven said:

lee4hmz said:

can i steal this for tumblr
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that is dank for sure
  • naney said:

Haven said:

lee4hmz said:

can i steal this for tumblr
    I might have to steal it from myself for tumblr
  • can you post a  link once you post it to tumblr so i can reblog it?
  • Haven said:

lee4hmz said:

• My dreams exceed my real life
    it's like the early 20th century version of "your waifu is trash"
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    and in that moment we were content
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i do appreciate the comics where instead of just seeing True punching someone, we get something a little more elaborate or indirect

i liked the one where he shoved someone through a fence, also
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    YOU CHANGED YOUR THEME AGAIN
  • Isn't it fantastic?
    i just kinda wanna

in terms of what the words actually mean in the context of media studies, if you go to an art gallery or the theatre or the opera and do not consume content, then you've gone there and not looked at any paintings, or haven't watched the play, or wore ear plugs the whole time

so i guess i feel like when people attach this insidious underlying meaning to references to 'content' they're reading something into it that wasn't intended, and in the process robbing us of a perfectly good general term for the practice of experiencing things that other people created, which the language was lacking

i mean there's 'reading texts' but that makes it sound like you're just talking about words on a page/screen

i know the horse is dead but everyone else is beating it (NOT just Myr) so hey

(i feel i could laugh about this more easily if it weren't for the severity of the condemnation and the fact that one heaper's actually a great film is another heaper's mind-numbing Content)

another cringe-inducing overly long pretentious tach ramble i can't do succinct
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    OpAPHID said:

(i feel i could laugh about this more easily if it weren't for the severity of the condemnation and the fact that one heaper's actually a great film is another heaper's mind-numbing Content)

TBF, I'm not sure that any of us actually like the MCU anymore.
    kinda wonder if i'd understand MCU hate more if i were into superheroes

to me it's just not that interesting
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I've started to suspect that I just don't like superheroes myself, but if that was true, I wouldn't like BTAS.

I am really not sure what to think here.
    i liked BTAS as a kid, but not as much as most cartoon fans on the internet apparently did
    otoh at this point i'm into several anime shows that are basically superhero stories i guess
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I enjoy superheroes to a degree

But whatever made the MCU appealing has worn thin

It might be because the films are cranked out in this sort of mass-produced manner
    also, to be honest, Age of Ultron feels like the exact moment that the MCU ran out of steam to me

I haven't watched Ant-Man, not yet at least
    All these different genres and tones that can be explored and it's "snarky 21st century science fiction" that wins out.

I'm extremely sad that people didn't really like "two-fisted period piece" or "land of the supergods in Oklahoma" and those were the movies I really wanted to see the most of.
    which ones are those? First Avenger sounds like the period piece...
    Thor.
    I don't know what people's problem with the first Thor was, it seems like I tend to gravitate towards things on which the nerd consensus is "disappointing"
  • sci-fi is somehow mature and acceptable but fantasy that isn't Game of Thrones just "doesn't work".

IDK, I haven't seen it so I shouldn't rush to its defense, maybe it's awful.
  • it's impressively, awkwardly bad.

awkward acting on a bad script, poor pacing, fails to stand on its own.
  • edited 2015-10-08 03:45:27
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    "mature" tends to be one of those words that makes my brain tune out
  • this isn't my hyperbolic Winter Soldier dislike here, this is my honest assessment
  • also MCU Thor is more sci-fi than fantasy
  • IDK, I haven't seen it so I shouldn't rush to its defense, maybe it's awful.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    There's plenty of very popular fantasy that isn't GRRM-related, guys. And in literature, fantasy in various forms is more mainstream than science fiction.
  • also very true