The Russo Brothers are making a movie remake of Love and Monsters

2»

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I know.
  • Odradek said:

No one has any personality of any kind.

It's a bad action movie, then it's a bad conspiracy movie, then it's a different kind of bad action movie.

It's too long.

The central political metaphor is insipid and insulting.

It wastes good actors with an infantile script.
    • To your credit, you need to watch a whole bunch of other movies to understand , and I agree that you shouldn't have to sit through a day's worth of other material for something to be good. Still, the characters are portrayed as more-or-less in-character, and Black Widow and Captain America have some interesting dynamics.
    • It's a superhero movie that combines elements from both action and conspiracy movies. And I'm not sure how any of it was bad?
    • OK, I agree.
    • It's a superhero movie: there's some level of suspension of disbelief that's involved. If you can believe that Norse gods were actually aliens, I don't see how believing that neo-Nazis infiltrating world governments is that much of a stretch. (I won't go into details because MachSpeed's covering it better than I am.)
    • The writing is pretty spot-on, actually. I found the "out of time" quip particularly amusing.
  • edited 2015-08-11 11:41:35
    Tachyon said:

Ant-Man relegates all characters who aren't white Americans to the status of comedy criminal sidekicks

except for Falcon who's mostly there to get beaten up

an ethnic slur is deployed for comedy and it's supposed to be funny because it's spoken by an Eastern European criminal and suggests he is naive and ignorant

You're missing the part where the only strong female character is sidelined for the less experienced male character's sake
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    CLAPPING LIKE MORONIC SEALS
  • did we really need this thread back 
  • edited 2016-05-21 04:06:15
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Why are you doing this?

I should probate you immediately, but I'm going to let you calm down and explain why in God's name you would dredge this up again.

Strange how I so totally missed this nonsense thinking it was a new thread rather than... whatever the fuck this is.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I PMed him about it.

Maybe this thread should be laid to rest.
This discussion has been closed.