The Steelers suck and American Football is a dumb sport

13»

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Stop calling your college "not real"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You spent plenty of time complaining about how community college wasn't real

You did your time, let me do mine
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

You spent plenty of time complaining about how community college wasn't real

You did your time, let me do mine
    I was wrong though
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    community college is real
  • LWLW
    edited 2015-08-25 23:25:47

naney said:

Odradek said:

Teams are entirely made up of wandering mercenaries, and it's obscene that they command loyalty.

this is basically what i think but phrased more strongly
    Eh, I think that view makes some sense, fan loyalty definitely can get out of hand sometimes. At the same time, I feel like going to games and following sports can be fun when you have a rooting interest. The fact that a team is based in your hometown seems to me like as good of a reason as any to root for it.

Is that sort of arbitrary? Sure, but plenty of people get enjoyment out of it and as long as they do not go overboard with hooliganism junk, I see no real reason to disparage them for it.
    >Not one person mentioned how this pool of inbred Pennsyltucky residents made up their own moronic language which include the words “warsh,” “jagger bush,” and “gumbands.”

is this actual Pennsyltucky language
    Isn't Jagger Bush that guy who used to be governor of Florida?

...this joke would be funnier if Jeb weren't running for President right now
  • Anonus said:

>Not one person mentioned how this pool of inbred Pennsyltucky residents made up their own moronic language which include the words “warsh,” “jagger bush,” and “gumbands.”

is this actual Pennsyltucky language
    No one anywhere talks like that it's just general stereotypes for people who live in or near the Appalachians.

I've met people who assumed I couldn't count before.

But hey I'm glad someone finds bigotry hilarious.
    I don't find it "hilarious" I was just curious about the dialect
    I shouldn't talk about Deadspin comments anyway, they get very stupid at times and seem to be chock full of virulent hatred (and not in a clever or funny way)
    See I always assumed "Pennsyltucky" was itself pejorative until I heard people who live there use the term as self-deprecation
  • A jagger bush is an actual thing but it's not slang, it's a hunting term (offhand I don't remember what it means).

If you'n wanted to make fun of the way we talk you'd adopt a wheezy old man voice, call everyone kidlun, and congregate in a McDonald's where you would loudly share stories with your old war buddies.

See I always assumed "Pennsyltucky" was itself pejorative until I heard people who live there use the term as self-deprecation

it depends

some people here (including myself at times) use it to make fun of ourselves but also people from the northern part of the state use it to make fun of us in a non-jokey way.
  • also it's like pretty disrespectful towards actual Kentucks.
    Tre lives in Kentucky now, he should tell us what it's like
  • wait, he does?

Man I should remember this stuff.
    yeah he attends the University of Kentucky now
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Yinz
  • Odradek said:

Yinz

come on we both know that Pittsburgh isn't real
    I seen yinz downtown at Dave and Busters
  • isnt yinz a word from finnegans wake
    I am going to embark on a lifelong project to re-write Finnegan's Wake to be about Pittsburgh from the viewpoint of a yinzer.
    Odradek said:

Yinz

apparently @buttercupistiny's dad was at an amusement park in a group, and he asked a group of Texans "Yinz wanna go on a roller coaster?" and got the response "Are y'all illiterate down there?"
    Yinz is okay, but the misuse of the word "seen" drives me up a fucking wall.
  • Odradek said:

Yinz is okay, but the misuse of the word "seen" drives me up a fucking wall.

Boy.

Backn' my time we'd never've complained about a Pitt usins the word "seen" cuz backn' my time people had MANNERS. Dah kidlins these days ah tell you.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "gumbands" is absolutely, positively a word that actual Pittsburghers use.

just sayin'
  • I've only been here for half a week so I'm not sure if anyone uses such terms. I haven't heard anything resembling them, though.

Generally speaking, it seems like the UK/Lexington area has a good mix of folks with distinct KY and southern accents and less obviously identifiable ones.
    interesting

also referring back to the article, I'm not sure why having a urinal at home would be bad
  • Bad is not the word I'd use

more...kind of weird?
    I want one sometimes :n
    like, working in an office supply store, I have heard "gumbands" about 29,000 times.

I am not making this up
    what's a gumband
  • I have never heard anyone call anything a gumband ever.

What is a gumband.
    Anonus said:

I want one sometimes :n

why??? You need a regular toilet anyway and if you have the kind of money where you could afford to have one installed in addition to that, your money is probably better spent elsewhere.

Even if you were trying to impress someone you could do something that would actually impress them. Such as buying a large purple cadillac.
    just another term for rubber band.
    "where do y'all have the gumbands?"

"in aisle 7, next to the yinz dispensers"