Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well reptile heads like his were at St. O's St. O's St. O's St. O's!! St. Olga's, so it's something, I guess.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i wouldn't be at all surprised if it were someone at least connected with Toffee.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Nice observation. That totally went over my head.
    also i think my opinion of the show was at its lowest when they basically went 'yeah welcome to the shit part of Mewni, sorry about that, what no of course we're not going to do anything to help these people even though we have magic'
    though tbf they made a joke out of it (the pan up the side of the castle) so at least they knew what they were doing
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

also i think my opinion of the show was at its lowest when they basically went 'yeah welcome to the shit part of Mewni, sorry about that, what no of course we're not going to do anything to help these people even though we have magic'

See I'm hoping they're setting it up such that Star simply is/was oblivious to many of her nation's problems and is slowly becoming aware of it as time goes on...because we know she's the type who would be willing to do something about it.
    That'd be interesting.

The show is definitely building up more of a continuity as it goes along, so i can certainly see it happening.
    Speaking of which @ anyone i recommended this show to or discussed it with more than, say 2 weeks ago?  i definitely will have undersold it.
    boyyyyssssssssssssss
    waiting for season 2 be like
    You know what's really annoying? People who act as though treating Scandinavia as a "country" in "The Other Exchange Student" was a case of genuine ignorance on the writers' part.

Given that Gustav is explicitly revealed to be an impostor, I think it's pretty clear that it was a joke about him making a glaringly obvious mistake.
    I am glad I did not know about these people until now.
    i sort of assumed it was just the writers not wanting to insult an actual country by making up nonsense about it
    Now I'm thinking of the time in fifth grade I made up a Scandinavian country called Wickomania

We used candy bars as currency

People always heard it as "Wicca-mania" and kept talking about witchcraft though

What was this thread about again?
  • – Star
    – Queen Butterfly
    ♣ – Miss Heinous

So...who is ♠? :o

Huh, I hadn't considered Toffee as ♠ because the other three suits are humanoid royalty, but I suppose it's a possibility...

Toffee isn't a Mewman nor is he implied to be
  • Anyway St. O's really fucked me up
  • Also I used to operate under the completely wrong assumption that this show was unwatchable dreck...now I'm surprised at how interesting its worldbuilding is, even if we don't know everything yet and probably won't for some time

Anyway St. O's really fucked me up

I find it interesting how each of our favorite cartoons right now has an episode that fucked up the other one of us
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Also I used to operate under the completely wrong assumption that this show was unwatchable dreck...

and yet you like 101 Dalmatians the Regurgitated Series

take that
  • if that show's a regurgitation of anything it sure as fuck isn't any prior iteration of the Dalmatians story
  • Also I used to operate under the completely wrong assumption that this show was unwatchable dreck...

and yet you like 101 Dalmatians the Regurgitated Series

take that
    now that's just pointlessly mean
  • honestly when I said I thought this show was dreck, I meant I was under the impression that this was like the sort of thing that would have aired on Nickelodeon for one season a decade ago and then been canceled and fall off the face of the Earth unlamented
    oh come on, I always mock Anonus for liking Disney Movie: The Series
  • but One Hundred and One Dalmatians is amazing and its follow-up TV series is amazing in its own way
    the movie may be fine, but Disney's habit of recycling their films into TV series has always rubbed me the wrong way

whatever though. This thread is about Star Butterfly.

CHOMP
  • You know what 101 and Star do have in common?

Copious amounts of JEFF BENNETT
    St. O's was actually my favourite episode, by a considerable margin

i kinda went off 101 but

if that show's a regurgitation of anything it sure as fuck isn't any prior iteration of the Dalmatians story

this is a fair comment, it doesn't have a lot in common with the movie and should probably just be considered its own thing
    St. O's is definitely in my top 5.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I just realized that Star's wand completely changed shape once her mother handed it to her.

I like the idea that the wand just morphs to adjust to the personality of whoever yields it.
    I always liked that detail.
    I've always liked stuff like that, so me approving of it in Star's case was unsurprising.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why don't Mewmans have to use the toilet?

Is it like what Moltar and Meatwad have going on?
  • edited 2016-03-01 07:42:54
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    "School Spirit" is funnier to me than it was on first watch, with the added hindsight of "Mewnipendence Day".
    I need to watch that one again...
    Season 3 got picked up. So we're getting at least two more seasons of Star...
    Disney XD believes in this show highly
  • edited 2016-03-26 19:35:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    a page from the old MTV book there
    I feel like that's more faithful to the exaggerated nature of Nefcy's original artwork than most of the show tends to be
    that endcard is eye-searing
    Yeah

Also: NEW STAR OUTFIT
  • New Promo

I'm not going to spoil anything here, but I'm pretty sure that a certain scene here is pretty much bait.
    Licensed out, not published by Marvel
    Heh, I didn't even pay attention to that, somehow...
    It's today!
    Me, Sect, AU, Centie, and SFS bare minimum intend to group-watch it tomorrow (I also mentally included Haven but he wasn't around when I suggested it), if any of you folks want to join in.