The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• edited 2015-07-05 01:21:17
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'd say with the amount of money being passed around, this is slightly more severe than getting the wrong pie.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    (I am being sarcastic here, Tach.)

(Sorry if I didn't make that clear.)

(Sorry, Calica.  Looking on it again, it was in quite poor taste to anyone who donated to the Hiveswap Kickstarter).
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'm in an extremely humourless mood, don't mind me
  • edited 2015-07-05 01:33:27
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    @MachSpeed:  Unless it was a gigantic pie big enough to feed a small nation.

Wait, how would that even work?  Would there just be a horde of people running around on a pie the size of Los Angeles?  How would you bake it?

And wouldn't the frosting be, like, feet thick?  And everyone would have to eat through it to get to the good stuff?  That's just nasty.  And would we have people in shoes or barefoot on this pie?

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Why would you put frosting on pie? 

Also, I donated, and I would have liked to see a good game come out of my donation, not one lesser game and a different game that I don't care about.
    MachSpeed said:

I donated, and I would have liked to see a good game come out of my donation, not one lesser game and a different game that I don't care about.

same here

and i feel bad for Andrew and What Pumpkin, too
  • edited 2015-07-05 02:29:12
    (2015 self)
    Sorry.

King's Quest is one of my favorite childhood games, and I am so pumped about a new one happening when it would never have happened otherwise, but that should come out of people caring about King's Quest; not theivery.

I mean, this way, there will quite likely never BE another King's Quest game after the (deserved) backlash this one is going to get.
  • edited 2015-07-05 02:30:05
    (2015 self)
    I do tell you, though, if it had gone the other way around, there might not be as big a backash (of course, What Pumpkin would have sent the money back, because Hussie and Co. aren't scumbags).  Not that that changes anything.
    (2015 self)
    It's still VERY wrong, though.
  • Aliroz said:

Guys, I don't see the problem.

You paid for a game, and a game got made (it sounds like maybe two or three got made).  You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.  It's like, you got a banana cream pie and you're complaining because you paid for Key Lime, and I'm just like, "It's a pie!  Be happy that you got pie!".

What the hell.

I'd say "go read that post again a little more closely", but apparently What Pumpkin asked the OP to take it down. (And it was under a readmore, so none of the reblogs have anything under the cut except the basic summary of the situation.)

So I'll just go with "what the hell". And also, that's a terrible analogy. The situation is more like, you paid for a banana cream pie, and the money from your purchase was given to someone who went out and purchased the ingredients for a key lime pie and started making it for someone else entirely. Now the diner's starting to close and you still have no pie, of any flavor.

That doesn't really cover the scale of the situation, or the sheer assholishness, but it's a start.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Somebody preserved the post on Pastebin, for reference
    (2015 self)
    I was being sarcastic, Haven!  I didn't mean it!  I know it's wrong, it's VERY wrong!
  • Oh, sorry, I didn't see the post where you said it was sarcastic.

...and now I kinda want pie.

Somebody preserved the post on Pastebin, for reference

You know, I figured someone would.

I do wonder if that whole document is out there, if anyone can get at it by inquiring with kickstarter or if it was just that this guy had done work on the comic and was therefore in a position to know. 

Hussie's tweet on the matter is terse (like, more so than by the nature of being a tweet):

post wasn't official in any capacity. asked the user to delete it. i have no comment on matters between WP and TOG.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    either someone is lying (doubtful) or hussie is gagged and can't confirm or deny.
    True or not, there could be any number of reasons why he wouldn't want an unofficial statement like that one floating around.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    For what it's worth, Toby Fox reblogged that post, and if anyone is likely to be close enough to Hussie to know the truth without actually being gagged, I feel like it's him.
  • edited 2015-07-05 19:35:36
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    If everything in the original post is accurate, then the poster may have screwed over Hussie and What Pumpkin by going public with it. Because non-disclosure was apparently part of the alleged out-of-court settlement, TOG could say that What Pumpkin failed to uphold their end of the settlement, so they're no longer entitled to the money back.
  • According to that post the condition wasn't total nondisclosure, but disclosure only through Kickstarter (presumably they acted as some sort of arbitrator?), which is how ipgd got that information in the first place. ipgd clearly wasn't bound by the terms of the settlement, and Hussie probably just asked her to stop because he can't comment and having that info out in the open puts him in an awkward position where people are gonna be asking him about it and he can't say anything. (Especially if any part of it is inaccurate, because then he'd have to resist the urge to clarify.)

Either way, Neil Gaiman weighed in on it, which I think is amazing (even if his response is basically "no comment" too).
  • kill living beings
    i saw someone saying TOG also screwed gaiman, though based on even less information
  • Anyway, enough of this foolishness and onto other foolishness entirely. It's time to lay odds on how many panels the character who was just promised nothing but happiness survives.
    i kinda feel like they *should* have sent Karkat to help deal with Spades

maybe he'd have been able to negotiate things peacefully

and if he couldn't, they would be slightly less horribly outmatched
    (2015 self)
    NEW SPRITE!

^^ Nah, that character will survive quite a while.
  • I would hug a certain lime green sprite 8ut then I'd get prototyped.

Oh who am I kidding it would totally 8e worth it. 
  • so many cats

everyone is cat
  • im gonna get back to reading this comic soon i promise 
  • You should

8ecause cats
  • Nepeta's just so disappointed it didn't get to be her
    MetaFour said:

Granted, that's irrelevant now that John rebooted the timeline, but Fishka doesn't know that.

Fishka's continued existence is evidence that retcons (even John's retcons, the most powerful force we've seen in the comic yet) just don't work the same in the Furthest Ring. So anything Fishka did out there most likely hasn't been erased.
    I just have to say...

You told me so.
  • tbf i dont think you mentally age once you are dead

that is kinda a constant across most media now that i think about it

the dead have a sort of staticness to them, even if they are "living"
  • didnt she die at 16? or was it 19?

also maybe trolls mature faster mentally speaking than humans do, given the fact that they evolved in a much more cutthroat society
  • so like a reverse of that thing in shitty pedo animes where there is the 3000 year old loli or whatever
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    How are people expected to grow up without societal pressure?
  • Okay, Meenah owns.
  • On tumblr I noted that, because of his ancestor, he always had the potential to gather an army. Slapping Vriska would have been another move in that direction, since the Summoner killed Mindfang.

But somehow literally bowing to Meenah and surrendering command of his army to her is so much more Tavros.
    I just keep feeling worse for Karkat the further we go into these updates.
    lol

i have absolutely no idea what to make of this
    That was obvious

he doesn't know his stories
  • What did I just read.
  • From Hussie's old formspring, but still very much applicable: 

If you look up Expendable Character in the dictionary you would see a picture of Nepeta batting around a ball of yarn while looking as adorable as possible.
    . . . jerk
  • edited 2015-07-20 01:01:34
    kill living beings
    oh my god, this is beautiful. this is a beautiful sequence of events

(the vriska (vriska) stuff was not)
  • LE is Apep, the serpent, and Davepetasprite^2 is Ra, who transformed into a cat to slay Apep
  • also, Akwete Purrmusk confirmed
    . . . how on earth did you remember that?