The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• Tre said:

omg they're dating aren't they

• edited 2014-12-22 06:02:51
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Is it wrong that the update has put Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" in my head?
  • that update was not what i was expecting
  • edited 2014-12-24 06:07:37
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm sure the next update will explain what just happened... >.<
  • edited 2014-12-24 07:03:14
    I'm looking at the first post on this page and thinking "how the hell could anyone think Eridan was best troll unless they were mental themselves"

And then I saw the date on the post. 19th of August 2010. That's almost, but not quite to "[S] Make her pay". Murderstuck hadn't happened yet. It explains a lot.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And wow, that was over 4 years ago.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Gamzee and Nepeta have had the least screentime (paneltime?) out of all the trolls (excluding maybe Feferi and Eridan, but they're still in the process of being integrated into the story, so they don't count). That, IMO, is a damn shame, as they could be (even more) awesome characters if they had more of a chance to shine.
    Is it wrong that this made me really laugh?
    Nope...no one had any idea how this would turn out back in 2010. I mean, people still thought Jack Noir and Lord English were related.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i know someone whose second favourite troll is still Eridan. i'm not sure why, but i guess she thinks he's funny?

She likes Vriska more, but she still gets irritated when people insult Eridan or joke about his death.
    Huh.
    I was trying to remember exactly when Terezi killed Vriska, and I saw this panel again: 

It'll always remind me of that bit toward the end of The Lion King, where Simba remembers what Scar did...
    I'm looking through old posts, and:
    naney said:

this is how it all breaks down

Homestuck becomes Foodfight
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    It's almost over, right? Um, no, sorry. I still have no time estimate, or specific date I am shooting for. 4/13 would be the COOLEST date to shoot for, right? I doubt that's realistic though. Because in spite of my most religious wishes every single day, magic keeps on being fake. THANKS, "god". 

Wonderful. It'll likely be 2015 before Homestuck actually finishes at this rate. >:P
    >30 December 2014

>Homestuck still not finished

welp
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    at least he didn't say 25 October
    True, true...
    upd8

2. YAY JASPERSPRITE ;_____:
  • edited 2014-12-31 05:47:43
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Spoiler:
    I still wonder why Hussie suddenly decided to make Roxy the most important of the Alphas.

On one hand, I like that it’s reinforced the theme of "most of the time, you never know who's truly important until it's too late" that is one of the main themes of Homestuck. On the other hand, I don’t know if that was Hussie’s intention by increasing Roxy’s importance like that. Either way, I'm going to pretend that's what he meant all along because I like how neatly it ties into the narrative. In fact, I suspect that’s what Hussie decided to do himself.
    seriously, though, I think that's the first update I've like actually cried over since Cascade or maybe Unite Synchronization.
  • good cat
    best friend
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    SF_Sorrow said:

good cat

best friend
    yes
  • not being able to read this kills me
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Aw, dang it, that made me cry.
  • edited 2015-01-02 06:26:46

Spoiler:
    so thinking about the implications from the recent retcon

Terezi has her glasses back on, so they won't be taken by Gamzee
    in turn, she receives Karkat's message about Gamzee's rampage
    in turn, she halts her pursuit on Vriska being the prime suspect

in turn... Vriska may be getting a comeback
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Given how dead-set (yuk yuk) Vriska was on confronting Bec Noir herself, I'm not sure if there's any non-lethal way Terezi can stop Vriska from leaving. Perhaps the purpose is to give past Terezi the right mindset for when she does confront Vriska. That way she does what needs to be done, and she doesn't spiral into doubt and self-loathing afterwards.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    So does anyone have any ideas for what these changes are all building toward? beause I'm trying to think and I have no clue
  • kill living beings
    i think sf sorrow has the right idea. terezi is changing little things so that not everything is fucked, just most things.

jade and jane with callie are probably post-john-fucking-around so they're relating what the final narrative is going to be. it's very similar in that it's still both humans groups and the trolls and the queen but now they actually have some chance. and i don't think they've mentioned english yet?
  • edited 2015-01-02 17:28:23

we're still waiting for a "pose as a team 'cause shit just got real" moment, at least from the legendary octet of mutual progenitoriety
  • SF_Sorrow said:

Spoiler:
    so thinking about the implications from the recent retcon

Terezi has her glasses back on, so they won't be taken by Gamzee
    in turn, she receives Karkat's message about Gamzee's rampage
    in turn, she halts her pursuit on Vriska being the prime suspect

in turn... Vriska may be getting a comeback
    I suspected that since the second Vriska/Meenah update.

Vriska is happy where she is. Therefore, it is far from unbelievable that the narrative would conspire to take that away from her.
  • Spoiler:
    I still wonder why Hussie suddenly decided to make Roxy the most important of the Alphas.

On one hand, I like that it’s reinforced the theme of "most of the time, you never know who's truly important until it's too late" that is one of the main themes of Homestuck. On the other hand, I don’t know if that was Hussie’s intention by increasing Roxy’s importance like that. Either way, I'm going to pretend that's what he meant all along because I like how neatly it ties into the narrative. In fact, I suspect that’s what Hussie decided to do himself.
    Roxy was always the one who had things together the most out of all of them. Her big flaw was alcoholism, but she overcame that while everyone else just kept getting more neurotic and isolated. I can see why it seems surprising--having less drama means being more low-key, I guess--but to me she always seemed more proactive than even Dirk, in her way.
    upd8
    Spoiler:

i…….SWEAR…….to GOD

vriska isnt going to die anymore, is she

shes the goddamn ace in the fucking hole, she is what sets the timeline right, right? SHES THE FUCKING STAR OF IT ALL ISNT SHE

IM SO GODDAMN MAD

Hussie is drinking your tears right now, Vriska haters.

• kill living beings
    lol the relationship advice, john doesn't know wtf is happening either
  • edited 2015-01-05 05:31:53
    I get the feeling that at this point Terezi kills Gamzee instead of Vriska, and Vriska and John end up dealing with Bec Noir together. I wonder what this means for the cherubs...
  • lee4hmz said:

upd8

Spoiler:

i…….SWEAR…….to GOD

vriska isnt going to die anymore, is she

shes the goddamn ace in the fucking hole, she is what sets the timeline right, right? SHES THE FUCKING STAR OF IT ALL ISNT SHE

IM SO GODDAMN MAD

Hussie is drinking your tears right now, Vriska haters.

Spoiler:
    Past me would be similarly upset by this turn of events, but present me's far too apathetic about how Hussie treats his characters to care. Whatever happens, it can't be worse than the "Gamzee does something vaguely plot-relevant for unclear reasons" bits that dominated Act 6.

Besides, it makes sense that Terezi would choose to rewrite reality this way. It's pretty clear that having to stab her estranged 'sister' was something she heavily regretted, so it's what gets fixed. Would have been better if she, you know, left a letter for herself at some previous point that says "at this time, go find Gamzee and stab him in the chest, like, 37 times. Trust me, you'll save lives and keep yourself out of a harmful relationship". But that's none of my business
  • Which makes sense, killing Vriska was very discourging for Terezi.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Haven said:

Which makes sense, killing Vriska was very discourging for Terezi.

The first time I saw this, I didn't think anything of it.  But then, just as I was about to click away from the thread, I saw it.

HAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    This just goes to show that John is best friendleader.
    upd8

First thing I thought of. Also, Hussie is FOREVER ALONE.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    "Perfect Day" is still the first thing I think of when I see those two together.
    Spoiler:
    also, someone is complaining about Vriska still being 13 in these updates. apparently they forgot about the whole 3-year time skip thing...
  • CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT
    You know, the Lion King REFRANCE went completely over my head until I saw people on Tumblr mentioning it :(
    And Tumblr is going gorillas bananas over this, let me tell you. It's up there with when Rose and Kanaya kissed...
  • Indeed, I found out about the upd8 when I saw this grace my dash:

OMG OMG OMG THE EDITS OF THIS ARE AWESOME

I saw a John/Vriska one as well! XD