The Homestuck Heap of the Heapers' Hangout Forum

Comments

• edited 2013-08-09 22:51:10
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

I honestly have no idea what's going on right now. It's giving me a headache.

It's really quite simple: John has acquired Lord English's ability to already be everywhere and anywhere, and thus the ability to alter the alpha timeline directly, but has no idea how to use it. Meanwhile, Her Imperious Condescension has made Jade and Jane go grimdark, whence absurd shenanigans ensue. Also, Roxy is supposed to steal the Matriorb from nonexistence.

So there you go.
  • Oh, okay. That's what I thought, but I thought I was missing something.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Well, there are a few side-details, some of which (the situation with Dave, The Mayor and Dirk) have been altered by John's bumbling, but if you understand the core details then they fall into place pretty quickly.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Where did Dave getting Lord English' ability come from? I don't remember that at all, aside from him knowing where Karkat and Kanaya were despite neither of them telling him, and that didn't seem indicative of anything like that.
  • I think the almighty lord of ferrets meant John.
  • edited 2013-08-09 22:51:35
    Crap, he's right. I meant John. Mistyped there!
    Gotcha.

We still don't know what's up with that Dave moment, come to think of it. Probably won't for a while.
    If I really wanted to be insane, I would propose that Dave spoke to them after John showed up at his point on the timeline. That said, I can't remember the specifics of that conversation, so I can't be sure that there aren't counter-indications there...
  • upd8

CLOWN HUNT1NG
  • edited 2013-08-10 13:53:59

unrelated to the update, i wonder of John's new alpha timeline altering abilities can be used to finally do away with gamzee
    Well, at the very least it opens up the possibility: Just as Hussie (the character) seems incapable of predicting Lord English's actions after a certain point, John's timeline-twisting abilities probably exist outside of his predictions, meaning that the final outcome may well involve Gamzee's death despite his saying that he saw it happening in none of the timelines up to that point.

Similarly, I'm pretty certain that the Ring of Life is going to be used to resurrect Calliope as the fully actualised Muse of Space, but that's kind of a given... unless something very unusual happens, which is entirely possible.
  • I still want to see Gamzee redeem himself.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    HS will end like a Pynchon novel. If you have never read a Pynchon novel, your reactions will be hilarious. :D
  • edited 2013-08-10 15:46:51
    ^^ Honestly, I would just like to know how and maybe why Gamzee does what he does, preferably in his own words.

^ Oh dear.
  • edited 2013-08-11 16:34:40
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I never really thought Gamzee's motives where all that oblique. He's basically High Priest of the Troll Insane Clown Posse religion. He's behaving pretty much perfectly in accordance with the bizarre doctrine of said religion AND in accordance with what Troll society expects him; especially now that he's met one of his gods and literally carrying out his will.

It seems the only reason he wasn't acting this way in the first place was because a steady diet of slime pies kept him rather placid and easy-going. 
    But then why does he aid the Nobles? If he does so in order to bring about his lord's coming, then how does he actually know what to do? How does he have these strange god tier abilities despite supposedly never having reached that state? Where did the robes come from in the first place? There are a lot of questions to be asked.

It is also worth asking what behaviour he exhibited post-intervention was sincere or not.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I'm not sure what you mean about "the Nobles", but the popular theory is Bards strange abilities allow them to do all kinds of things and despite not being God-tier, he's still a fully leveled Bard of Rage. 

As far as his robes, there's a good chance he simply made them or alchimized them himself. 
    The Nobles are the Alpha kids.
  • edited 2013-08-10 18:08:42
    ^^ The Nobles are what the Consorts call the post-Scratch kids in their carvings. I was referencing the whole bit with prototyping the kernelsprites. Also, while being a fully-levelled Bard of Rage undoubtedly makes him extremely powerful and unpredictable, would that really allow him to arrive ahead of the meteors and survive being machine-gunned? Furthermore, Kurloz was the one that gave Gamzee the magic codpiece after taking it from Meulin, who found it... somewhere.

Doesn't pretty much everything Gamzee do serve to further Lord English's goals at this point? 

I think by Caliborn's own admission, the journey would be rather convoluted, but that there's a method here.

^^ The Nobles are what the Consorts call the post-Scratch kids in their carvings. I was referencing the whole bit with prototyping the kernelsprites. Also, while being a fully-levelled Bard of Rage undoubtedly makes him extremely powerful and unpredictable, would that really allow him to arrive ahead of the meteors and survive being machine-gunned? Furthermore, Kurloz was the one that gave Gamzee the magic codpiece after taking it from Meulin, who found it... somewhere.

I think it's pretty accepted that his abilities + Caliborn's abilities allow him to do just about anything. The machine gun thing is apparently because "he's a clown" which, admittedly is probably not a very satisfying answer, but I doubt Hussie is going to offer up a better one.
  • edited 2013-08-10 18:13:47
    ^^ I'm not so much asking why at this point so much as how.

^ You never know. Terezi has gone clown hunting, after all...

^^ I'm not so much asking why at this point so much as how.
    I figure ability to use just about any item with a Master of Time telling you what to do explains just about anything, even if it's an explanation that lacks detail

^ You never know. Terezi has gone clown hunting, after all...
    I actually really like the idea Pangur Bán proposed that John's ability means we can hold out hope that the "invincible" clown might meet his end, somehow.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    The robes probably came from other doomed Gamzees who had reached godtier. After all, dead!Feferi was able to heal the Mayor. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I know it was explained as "cool cartridge features" or whatever, but I find it interesting that the art extending beyond the defined panel seems to be a regular thing now
  • I think it's representative of the various ways the established mythology is being broken.
  • edited 2013-08-10 23:11:39
    The robes probably came from other doomed Gamzees who had reached godtier. After all, dead!Feferi was able to heal the Mayor. 

And yet Character!Hussie said explicitly that Gamzee did not die in any other timeline (hence the dearth of Gamzee ghosts). If there are no dead Gamzees even in doomed timelines...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    "Doom" doesn't mean "death". It literally means "law".

So they're probably still alive. Just...changed.

And naked.
  • upd8

Aranea's exposition on leprechaun romance, in its entirety, unedited and uncensored, as promised. 
  • wrist deep in puppet ass

• edited 2013-08-11 01:46:14
    If you look closely, you may note the return of "wrist deep in puppet ass."

...damn it, Naney beat me to it.
  • and from tumblr

List of barely visible words:

• "muppet 8uttock"
    • "puppet pelvis"
    • "dragged across each other’s gleeful face"
    • "magic gnome half
    • "felt eggs"
    • "coarse kermit"
    • "perky pro8oscis"
    • "pro8oscalypse"
    • "soft 8ul8ous 8ottom"
    • "burrowed dick deep"
    • "kind of jutting out and impudent"
    ...and then Hussie made gay puppet sex a recurring theme.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I feel as if he might be gay himself. :)
  • I'm pretty certain he has a girlfriend.
  • Fiancé actually
  • And honestly, the played for laughs homoerotic subtext seems to be done more from a place of Hussie's security in his sexuality than anything else.
  • Doesn't rule out bisexuality, but at any rate, out of respect for Andrew and his fiancée, I'm not going to pry deeper or comment further.
    I didn't know that. :o
  • It's so weird finding out internet people have relationships.

NC and Linkara have girlfriends, I mean, what's up with that
  • edited 2013-08-11 16:30:08
    ^ And I have a boyfriend. I still think that's weird. Relationships happen.

*shrug*

On an entirely different note, after re-reading Gamzee's fit at Dave and the section of Mindfang's journal dealing with Dualscar's death, I am going to concede to Justice's argument and say that the majority of what he has done is entirely consistent with his inherited role as the Grand Highblood. That said, a little elaboration on some of his abilities, or at least useful hints toward filling in the gaps, would certainly be appreciated.

...you know, I've noticed a trend with the most annoying characters in Homestuck: When you read their exploits, they are irksome, but when you think about them for a while, they generally turn out to be pretty interesting on some level.
    Less seriously: Am I the only person that imagines Eridan as sounding like a cross between a Southern hick and an Afrikaner?

Very possibly, his fanon voice is pretty well established at this point.

• Less seriously: Am I the only person that imagines Eridan as sounding like a cross between a Southern hick and an Afrikaner?

I'm going to have to attempt that at some point with one of Eridan's more profane chatlogs, since my main reference point for Afrikaner accents is Wikus van der Merwe from District 9.
  • edited 2013-08-11 17:01:10
    ^^ I am well-aware of that, although where the common interpretation went in one direction, I went in another: His typing quirks remind me a lot of what a thick Dutch or South African accent sounds like when speaking English, but when the doubling is dropped it strikes me as more... American backwater-sounding. And given that the Dutch stadhouder class had very impressive maritime holdings—and the way that the land-dwelling blue-bloods see the sea-dwellers as insular freaks, in the case of the hick pretender part—it would fit thematically as well.

It also fits that Cronus reminds me a lot of one friend of mine's description of some of the skeevy dudes that hang around outside of nightclubs in the shadier parts of Amsterdam.

^ Heh.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    My favorite Eridan voice remains that guy from TVT who did him with a Scottish accent.
    I have heard the original Dualscar done with a Scots accent, but not Eridan, although it would certainly be amusing. Of course, it would make the Harry Potter and Moby-Dick jokes truly unavoidable...