The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• Tachyon said:

1. You.  You there.  You came off as an apologist for the crap that started this mess.

i know i did

i'm sorry

but i don't know what the heck else i'm supposed to do here
    No, not you.

You were fine.

If you want me to say it out loud, I can say the name.
    Odradek said:

2. And you.  You there.  If you're going to throw out severely damaging insults, the ONLY time you should be doing that is if you want to cut ties with and COMPLETELY piss off someone.  If you're not sure you should do that, then you had better back off and come up with a lighter criticism.

you are right
    And again, I'm not talking about you, but I'm not sure you're whether you're getting my point and agreeing with me about the person who did this, or mistaking my intention.  In any case I hope this two-line explanation helped.
  • edited 2015-08-09 23:25:54
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Tachyon said:

1. You.  You there.  You came off as an apologist for the crap that started this mess.

i know i did

i'm sorry

but i don't know what the heck else i'm supposed to do here
    No, not you.

You were fine.

If you want me to say it out loud, I can say the name.

Who? For both, actually.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I have no idea what's going on here
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Calica said:

Take a look in the megathread.
  • Calica said:

drama happened in another thread, and i'm waiting for admin permission to reveal the names publicly.
  • inb4 glenn plays four Fetty Wap tracks in a row
  • edited 2015-08-10 00:33:18
    unfortunately i am not on my computer now but if i were i would go look them up and post four Fetty Wap tracks in a row just because :D
  • well i PM'd a few of you

anyone else who wants to know shall be added to this PM chain.
  • @ Queen Poison

should i look up fetty wap now that i'm on my computer

or go to sleep
  • Fetty Wap is a rapper, so it's up to you.

Rather, your phrasing reminded me of an incident on the Funkmaster Flex radio show that happened a few weeks ago that is difficult to explain here
  • give it your best shot :)
  • edited 2015-08-10 01:47:56
    FYI #2 is NOT @Tools.

That notion came up in the PM thread and I thought I should clear that up.  I am NOT faulting Tools in any way and I think her reaction was quite justified.

(also @-mentioning her just for the purpose of full disclosure)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    ou won't even know
  • edited 2015-08-10 02:37:31
    @Odradek you're also neither person I was referring to in that post.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Okay
  • give it your best shot :)

the very short version is that he was supposed to premiere some new Meek Mill tracks but played Fetty Wap a bunch instead
  • why do i have a "Radio Costa Rica" that has no more specific name in my radio folder

and why won't it connect damnit
  • reacting against a male dominated arrangement that should't exist in the first place
  • I'll 8eep in here instead.

8eep.
  • 8oop

8eep 8eep 8oop
  • 8oop 8oop 8eep
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

The SA Windows 10 threads are hilarious because every so often some tinfoil-hat type posts one of these things completely unironically and some poor impressionable fool goes "wait is that true??" and everyone else has to try and calm them down
  • EVERYBODY USE LINUX

EVERYBODY PIRATE WINXP
  • DESTROY THE CPAITALIIST SYSTEM WITH PIRACY
  • BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND(? WATER? ONLY WORKS WITH GREEK FIRE? DUNNO)
  • USE GREEK DEBT AND PIRACY TO DESTROY THE BANKS AND THE ILLUMINATI MWA HA HA RAWR RAWR RAWR
  • [picture]

The SA Windows 10 threads are hilarious because every so often some tinfoil-hat type posts one of these things completely unironically and some poor impressionable fool goes "wait is that true??" and everyone else has to try and calm them down
    As a serious response though what is your response to a person who knows nothing about Win10 and sees these things?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

EVERYBODY PIRATE WINXP

Eww no

I'd rather use Android 2.3 :|
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I'd rather pirate BeOS

[picture]

As a serious response though what is your response to a person who knows nothing about Win10 and sees these things?
    "Stop believing random paranoid images you find on Imgur"

If they pressed for more details, I'd actually bother explaining what those settings do, and how things have been overblown, i.e. "the touchscreen keyboard tries to 'learn' your typing habits like any decent touchscreen keyboard does" somehow got twisted into "Microsoft is running a keylogger and records everything you type"
  • > states not expanding medicaid

> virginia

Hey, fuck you, Republican state legislators.
  • edited 2015-08-12 03:31:48
    with distinction in spanish, condi sticks ye on

kaksoispiste tavuviiva dee dee dee dee dee dee dee
    Controversial opinion: Windows XP was a nice, solid operating system 5-10 years ago, but Windows 7 is an improvement upon it in several ways and I would not continue using Windows XP if I had the choice.
  • oh, it turns out the finns read the spurdo meme's hyphen as "viiva"

so they need not choose between tavuviiva and yhdysviiva
  • so it's properly "kaksoispiste viiva dee dee dee"
  • the only reason i know any finnish is because of the spurdo sparde meme

the only reason i know any japanese is because of anime

yay for cultural exports
  • > implying that anime is comparable to a stupid internet meme

KAKSOISPISTE VIIVA DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE
  • Controversial opinion: Windows XP was a nice, solid operating system 5-10 years ago, but Windows 7 is an improvement upon it in several ways and I would not continue using Windows XP if I had the choice.

WinXP has some customization options that are more difficult in 7, but 7 still has them, I think.

8 is when they really started trashing the classic look.
  • Los Números son antagonistas del tercera temporada de Niña Mágica Lírica Nánoha, que se llama "StrikerS".
  • edited 2015-08-12 06:39:09
    Oh, I've forgotten to remind people for a while now.

I'd like to inform you that Larry Craig is not gay.
  • Did I mention that Larry Craig is not gay?  I just want to make sure I did.  Well, just so you know, Larry Craig is not gay.
  • DID YOU KNOW THAT...

Larry Craig is not gay?
  • edited 2015-08-12 06:42:00
    Seriously, though, I still think the Larry Craig scandal is funnier.

But the covering up actual straight sex scandal with fake gay sex scandal is definitely in the running.

Regardless, though, Larry Craig is not gay, in case you ever thought he was.
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    ^ @_@

Controversial opinion: Windows XP was a nice, solid operating system 5-10 years ago, but Windows 7 is an improvement upon it in several ways and I would not continue using Windows XP if I had the choice.

WinXP has some customization options that are more difficult in 7, but 7 still has them, I think.

8 is when they really started trashing the classic look.
    The one thing from XP I kind of miss in 7 was the "Classic" Start menu, even though I didn't use that much in XP or Vista...it was nice having it around.

I didn't mind the removal of the Windows Classic theme in 8 because I quite liked the flat Windows 8 theme...a bit more than the white Windows 10 theme, even.
  • I prefer the Win7 start menu over the classic start menu anyway.

The flat Win8 Metro theme is meh.  I'd much rather have the clearly outlined buttons and stuff of the classic theme.
  • incredibly buff Knuckles