The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• edited 2017-01-27 16:17:35
    edit: used in puzzle
  • edited 2017-01-27 16:17:40
  • edited 2017-01-27 16:17:44
  • edited 2017-01-27 16:17:49

• edited 2017-01-27 16:17:53
  • edited 2017-01-27 16:17:57
  • edited 2017-01-27 16:18:00
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    If two people decided to toke and reminisce about the better days, would it be for old time's bake?
  • Crystal said:

It's the

eye of the TIGER

It's the thrill of the TIGER

Risin' up to the challenge of our TIIIIGEEERRR
    It's the

eye of the ROBUTTNIK'S BUTT

It's the thrill of the ROBUTTNIK'S BUTT

Risin' up to the challenge of our ROOBUUTTTTNIIIK'S BUUUTTT

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    the tale (tail?) of the effervescent butt
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

I see Facebook is courting the vampire demographic.
    Kmart, pronounced Kuhmart.
  • edited 2017-01-28 04:57:50
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    FossilmaidenCrystallee4hmzglennmagusharvey

Huh.
    Hm?
    If you drag avatars into the WYSIWYG editor, it turns them into images hyperlinked to profiles.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    friendly reminder that dan aykroyd fucked a ghost
    Heaper's Hangout Rose of Versailles Simulwatch
    Oh huh. Interesting.
    mirakuru
    Calica said:

mirakuru

i'm past the part of arrow where mirakuru matters but still lol
  • The Melancholy of Spongebob Squarepants
    Little know fact: The young of Cheshire Cats are called kittain'ts.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

"Don't be fooled by Pokemon-loyal reviewers like Nintendo Power! Trust my HONEST review of this gem!"

When I first heard the term ''Robopon'', I was readfing a review for it in Nintendo Power. They were accusing it of being a pokemon clone and how it was so unoriginal that it made the game awful. They accused them of stealing Pokemon terminology by using the Elite 8 (Elite 8 is actually a term used to describe the remaining 8 participants in the quarter-finals of a tournament). I went to blockbuster and rented this game and suddenly, my respect for Nintendo Power's reviewing system vanished. Obviously blinded by their biased ''copyright enfringement'' idea they got from playing this game, it clouded their overall fair judgement. 

Graphics (System-Wise) 10/10 

To this day, Even with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, I think Robopon has better graphics than the overrated series. I also like the idea that Robopon are robots, not creatures. You don't see churches accusing Robopon of being demonic! Cuz they're robots! Anyways, Robopon is a GBC graphic hound's fondest dream. 

Sound (System-Wise) 8/10 

Attack sounds in this game were all different, very cool. But then again, that's just like *gasp!* pokemon! The music isn't memorable, but I rarely found it annoying. 

Gameplay (Genre-Wise) 10/10 

Nintendo can shove their reviews up their big, fat, biased ass. The gameplay isn't as Pokemon-like as they said it was. Turned based one on one battles with backup fighters is about the only thing the two games have in common. Robopon don't gain abilities by leveling up. Quite the contrary, you have to buy and attach parts to them, including weapons and elements. Some elements are really weird. For some odd reason, they included a water element AND a ''Sea'' element. Among various others. Okay so that's a little pokemon-like too, but this game doesn't have the skewed ideas that pokemon had. For example, Electricity doesn't affect airborne fighters, like it SHOULD! This has always been a problem with me looking at the pokemon series. The fact that ground does damage to rocks, electricity does extra damage to air...what the hell? None of that crap in Robopon, it all makes sense. Robopon also boasts lots of unique Status effects, instead of ripping off effects from other RPGs like Pokemon did (WHO'S THE COPYRIGHT ENFRINGER NOW?). Some of them include Rust (Damage when a Robopon tries to move and inability to attack), Fever (Kind of like confusion only instead, the Robopon doesn't attack itself, it just falls and damages itself) and Overheating (like poison, only the duration is limited). As i mentioned before, each Robopon (There's 150 of em, like pokemon. but you can't catch them all, really) has its own set element. In addition to this, you can choose their weapon, be it a gun, a punching glove, or psychic wave-emmitter. You can also add attack parts to make your attacks more varied and elemental. Some of the elements mix and cause mixed attacks that cause huge damage and a status effect usually. 
    Another thing here is that Pokemon evolve, but Robopon do not. Rather, you give them cyber-orbs that you earn after confrontations and attach them to yor Robopon. Certain types of Robopon can be brought to a shop and be upgraded to more powerful Robopon if they have enough of the energy balls attached to them. Very cool. This evolution costs money by the way. Which reminds me, you can SELL captured robopon, a great way to make money! 
    One cool thing about Robopon is that the robopon operators aren't stupid. None of them challenge you to a duel because you're not wearing shorts or because they have a ''girlfriend'' at age 10. They all have a logical reason for challenging you, be it to test your skills or tutorial you in strategies. Sometimes it's YOU who challenges THEM. Unlike Pokemon, you don't go around collecting badges from gyms (Another thing about pokemon i thought was weird). Instead, you seek out the top-ranked Robopon operators and challenge them to duels to up your standing in the Robopon world. More on that in the story section. 
    Finally, there's the fact that you can do so much more in Robopon than pokemon, like create your own company, which you inherit at the beginning of the game from your grandfather. Now, on to the story! 

Story (Genre-Wise) 8/10 

You are Cody, a young boy who's parents are always working and who's grandfather runs a Robopon-producing factory. On the morning of your birthday, you hear a loud noise come from outside. It's your grandpa, and he's being attacked by the local bully. Gramps' Robopon is easily defeated by the bully just as Cody rushes out to meet him. That Robopon is Sunny, your first Robopon and also one of the most powerful Robopon out there. Your grandfather says he's too old to run the company and decides to let you run it. WOW! THAT'S ONE HELL OF A BIRTHDAY PRESENT ^_^ 
    You set out to make money, and learn of the Robopon rankings. You then set out on a quest to become the top operator in hopes that your growing company will gain attention from the ranking. Eventually, you get caught up in a big conspiracy involving the top-ranking robopon fighters and everything gets out of control. Unlike pokemon, the story is more serious and you have way more motivation to move on. Oh, and by the way. Cody has a girlfriend so be ready to rescue her a few times in the future. 

Multiplayer (Genre-Wise) 5/10 

Very pokemon-like. but the really cool thing is the infrared sensor on top of the cart. It allows linkage without a link cable, saving you lots of money. (Another reason that the NP reviews were biased probably!) It features Robopon trading and battling. you get the idea. 

Replayability (Genre-Wise) 8/10 

It's been a long time since I last rented Robopon, but I rented it 5 times, so that MUST say something. 

Other things... 

-The game pak itself is really cool. You have the option of turning on a special alarm that goes off every time a special event happens, like a special store opening for example. This can be turned off if it gets annoying. 
    -The game COMES with the infrared port so you don't need to worry about having a Game boy color here. 
    -Once again, don't mistake this for a Pokemon rip off, just because the game has creature-capturing in it and has one on one with a top down view of the world doesnt make it a rip off. If creature capturing were pokemon rip-offage, then Dragon Warrior Monsters (another great creature-capture game) would be a rip off as well. I beleive DWM no. 1 game out BEFORE pokemon, though! Uh-oh! 
    -Also, the top-down perspective has been done in RPgs since they first came out. 
    -One on One battling. Dragon Warrior original anyone? 
    -I HATE Nintendo Power because of their review on this game, look to EGM for unbiased, honest review! 

Overall 8/10 

The game that changed my outlook on how NP functions it worth a play by anyone, though kids might want to rent it first, the weapon and attack system can be a bit complicated for young-uns. Anyone who enjoyed Pokemon, Dragon Warrior 1+2 and Dragon Warrior Monsters (Both 1 and 2) will appreciate this underappreciated gaming gem. 
    The morale of the story: Just because a game's name ends with ''-on'' doesn't make it a Pokemon Rip-off! *chucks a molotov at Nintendo Power for their blasphemy*

elite 8 comes specifically from basketball, i'm p sure.  also elite four was apparently actually a mythological reference in the original japanese
    Yeah, the Elite 4 in Japanese are called 四天王, or The Four Heavenly Kings, the Buddhist gods who watch over the four cardinal directions.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Calica said:

elite 8 comes specifically from basketball, i'm p sure.  also elite four was apparently actually a mythological reference in the original japanese

Look at this fucking radical defending the firebombing of Nintendo Power
  • edited 2017-01-30 03:18:07
    Crystal said:

[british accent] your reminder that monarch butterflies have an unpleasant, bitter taste, and this is a survival adaptation
    the goddess of explosions
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    EINS ZWEI DREI VIER

MEINE FREUNDE TANZ MIT MIR
    Fluffy-fluff!
  • Crystal said:

Fluffy-fluff!

2-11 let's do the fluff-fluff!.spc
    Grant, da Nasty.
  • Grant, da Nasty.

I'm surprised I haven't seen people make this pun more often.
  • not everything that sucks is a puzzle
  • pretty sure "ponicalica" actually came from a captcha image
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I used to try to convince @Calica to start his own rival country called Ponicalifornia, but he never took me up on it
    Have anyone never been near?

pretty sure "ponicalica" actually came from a captcha image

it did but i dropped the poni
    Ema Skyenet.
  • edited 2017-02-02 00:02:04
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I̛̗̥̼͖̤͍͓̳̥̻̬͍͎̩̩͖̙ͫ̄ͥ͂ͣ͌̂ͧ́ͧ̒̆ͩ́̕͞ͅ'ͥͧͫ̒͡҉̡̥̱̮̣̳̯̙̥̀l͔̙̞̘̗̬̭͕͍̳̘̠ͭͦͣ̀ͧͥ̀͗̏͋͘͢͢͟l̨͉̲̟̻̺̩̼̯̘̹̻̞̗͉̫̫̥̲͋̄̊̌̓̌̋́ͫ̽͂̅ͥͧ͗̀̚͘͢͞ ̶̴̵̥̞̪̬̦͓̂̈̃͑͋̉ͥ̿ͧ̆ͦ͗̐͌̏̕͝b̢̨ͦ̎ͮͮ͒̽ͮ͏̗̗͔͖͈̻̟̻͡͝e̛͔̦̗̠̖͕̹̳͛ͯ̌ͩ̆̑̈́̏̐ͫ̇̆ͫ̌̒̈́̚͞c̰̗̤̊́̀̂͒̋ͭ̅̓͊́͜͢ͅô̸̧̩̺͍̤̣̭̪̞̩̜̠͉̤͓̈̉͆ͣ̅ͥͬ̓̽̎̚͜͞m̨̖͔̯̣̩̩̯̜̟̎ͦ̄̀ͩͩ͂̔͛ͨ̒ͫ̅̒̐̇́ͦ̓͜ͅė̵̢̯͚̯̜̜̭͉̠̭̤͈͒͌͗͒͘ ̢̡̛̣̲͈̱̌ͧͨͪ̋ͭͪͪ̚̚͢w͑͐̍̆ͣ̍ͨ̾̔ͤͧ҉̶̯̗͉͚͙̤̞͡͡h̷̵̘̘͔̪̹̪͐̅̑͒̑̆͒̃̉͡͝a̵͔̰̟̩͐̓̌͒͂t̢̢͖̳̬̺̥̪̻̥̱͍̳͈̊ͨͫ̿ͨͬ̆̉ͣͩ́̚͞ͅ ̸̢̭̺͈̳͖͓ͦ̀ͫ̓̆̔ͧ̒͗ͬ͟͜ẙ̴̴̆̈͑̂ͭ̎͊͗̄ͫͤ̇̓̄ͧ̋ͨ͂͏҉̹͇̺̦̣ͅỏ̷̸̡͎̦̟͙̦ͦ͐ͫͮ͋͑ͣ͂̂͂ͮͪͯ͢u̧͐͑̀̀̌̇҉̷̞̤̝̬͉̼ͅ ̸̡̡̣̬̼̹̩̳͔̯̔̉̓̔̓ͧ̄̂ͬ̎ͩ̒ͩ̀̕l̴̨͕̣̣̝͚̹̘̠̜̲̞̟͓͖̝͖̣͆͋̀͗̐́ͅí̽ͮ̃ͣ̀̈̾ͧ̓ͫ͐̇ͧ̚҉̶̫̲̦̞͞k̢̪̦͉̘̲̭͓͙͙͎̠̎ͨ͌̿̎ͤ̉̊̔͐͒ͫ̊̋ͮ̋͘e̒̑̍ͫͬ̂͐̄ͧ̉̋̈́͑͋ͣ̇͊͒̚͝͝҉̥͍͇̠͕

T̡̛̪͇͇̙̙̭̣͓̼̤̞̺̪̬̹̟ͮ̐̍̉̈̀͂͐ͫ̄̽̓͋͊ͥ́̀ͅh̥͚͖̣͓͔̹͙̜̑̃ͮ̓ͩ̏͊̅͒͒͋̄ͫ͑͂́́̚̚͞ͅi̻͎̙̻̇̈́̇ͪͧ̄ͪ͘͝ş̢̧̣̯̝̖̭̳͈̦̖͊͆̄̓͗̈́̂͋͂͐͌̑̈́̚ ̶̛͈͎̠͙͙͔̹̺̱͒̓̅͆͗̒̿ͣ̑͊̅͛̂͗̽ͣ̐i̎̄ͯ́̽̏̀̅̃̋͋͌̋ͤͤ̀́̚̚͢҉͇͎͚̳̱̥̱͎̗̹̲͕̦͍̟̞̲ͅs̽̀̌ͮ̊ͬͩ̾͊̓̓͂̚҉̼̟͖̝͎̱͈̙̩͍̪͚̣̯̲͖͈̬̕͝ͅ ̍ͯͦ̏̒̂̃ͭͮ͗͏͙̘͔̠͕̲̙͉͇̹̬͢ẉ̸͔̘̫͉͕̩̯̱̼͕͓͚̟̰̙̜̬̓͒̈ͮͥ͒͆̊͐͐̆̊̀̊͌̋͊̚͘͢hͤ̄̾̏̌̂̈ͧ̽̚͏̡͚̗̬̦͈̠̞ͅa̵̛͈̪͓̫̳̯̠͖̞̜͍̙̞̭͇̠͇ͧ̑͐̍͌ͫ͒ͣ̅́̓̚͘͢t̷̨̲̝̩̜̖͊ͫ̈͗̃̐͑̄̈̎̀ͬͪͣ̕ ̵͌̑̉ͤ͛͌ͥ̽̓̒ͩ̒̽̽̅͒͊̋͐̕͢͞҉͖͖͙̪̯̗̬̩͚̫̬ỵ̴̱̻͉̗̥̠͖͎̾ͣͮͦͣ͊ͭ̐͋̽̓ͬ̔̐ͮ̚͢o̙̜̦̻͇̲̓̽̔ͩ̎͊͒͂͒ͥ͗̓̃͐̎̎́̒̀́͢͝ų͍̮̗̥̭̮͓͍͇͖̲͈̱̥̙̐̏̅̀̇̐͗͂ͬ̓͒̾̅ͬ͢ͅ'̴̻̜̫̩͉̩̯̞̠̣̫̭̫̝̈́̾̈ͧͨ̒͑͗̽ͨͤ́ͣͤ̔̌̎̚͘͞v̛̈̊̔͛̒̈́̔ͫ̐ͨ̌̚̕͏̰̗̣͕̥̖̹̮̙̬͈͙͇̹̲͔͔ȩ͗̈́̎ͪͣ҉̡̛̛̩͉͎̬̭͇̲̯͕̻ ̷̸̸̡̪͚͚͓̼͓̎͆ͬ̆ͫ̏̆ͩͮ͋ͦ̕w͎͉͕͇̟̠̝̒̓͆̏ͨ͐ͨͫ̋͞͠á̶ͬ͗͋̏ͧ͒͌͋ͯ̂ͮ̋҉̶̶̙̫̳͍͙̬͖͕̥̯̖̗͍n̴̜͇̻̭͎̟̤ͬͭ͆͒͑̇̄ͫͭ̈̾̑ͮ̔̊̅̋̚͘͝t̸̸̪͍̫̹̗̟̫ͩͭͨͥ͋̌͛̆̆̋̉̓̿̈͛́͝͡e̢̬̪̮̝̼̤̦̫ͨ̏ͨ́̕͜ͅͅḑ̶̢̣̳̬͈̣͔̥͍̼̾͗ͯ̄̀̄͟,̍͗͆ͩ̑̅̌͌ͤ͋́̚͜͝͏̵͏͙͍̰̼̫̫͕̳̣̝͖̺̼̲̠̖͕̝ ̶̶̨͎̮̳͎̠̼͖̞̭̖ͧ̌͊̈́̃͂ͤͣ̓ͦ͢͞r̡̹̟̠͉͐ͫͨ̈̎̀̀͐̈̔̄́̚͞i̍͑͒ͬ̆͏͇͕̣̳͙̙͔̩̙̻̣͓͘͢͡͝ͅg̶̺̱̣͍̫̗̭̤̰̦͖͓͔̔͋͒ͦ́͢ͅh̗͇̞̣̜̯̻̪͒̑ͨ͂̕͜t̵̛̺̜̣̙̯̰͚̄̾̐̿̔ͫ̂̈ͩ̐ͧ̏̽ͯ́̀̚̚͝?̷̨̹͍̥̹̯̠̭̠̝̠̮̬̫̹̠͉͍ͮ̒́̅͒̀ͬ͂ͨ͒ͥ̿ͤͦ͋̊̾̎͜͡͠!̶̡͙̙̗͎ͦ̌̿̊ͣ́ͨͯ̓̓͌ͫ͒̈̓͊ͦ̊