The Landfill of the Heapers' Hangout (contains Fossilmaiden's Punnery)

Comments

• even judgement considering ALL and ABSOLUTELY ALL factors on the SAME very BASIC playing field

BASIC is a programming language lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelel

i am shitposting my own shitposts
    because they are ultimately pretty darn meaningless anyway

as are your posts

i agree that my taste is shit

your taste is shit, too

this is because everyone's taste is shit
  • you're not special

no one's special
  • my mockery does not matter

your mockery does not matter

the things we mock don't matter either
  • edited 2016-01-26 21:48:47
    Structure:

"I like my X like I like my Y: M and N."

where
    X and Y are functionally nouns
    M and N are functionally adjectives
    and M X, M Y, N X, and N Y are all true for some subsets of X and Y, at least from the speaker's perspective.
  • edited 2016-01-27 06:51:02
    types of wonderposters

* the flamewarrior - most likely to perpetuate an argument.  doesn't usually start one, but frequently participates.  probably this gives 'em something to do.
    * the random stuff poster - doesn't care about others interest, and indulges their own.  not much of an arguer type.  more whimsical; leaves when drama happens.
    * the nonsense spammer - the posts look insane, and the person probably really wants to get something out 'eir system and doesn't really know what it is.  sometimes they're just letting off steam.  may be able to end arguments by filibustering them with nonsense.
    * the baiter - most likely to piss people off and to start arguments.  probably enjoys trolling.  the bane of mods.
    * the clown - is here for the sake of humor.  most likely to crack puns.  relatively popular because 'ey give people a good laugh.
    * the matter-of-fact - tries to actually talk about stuff.  probably polite to people.  most likely to suffer the fate of being appointed moderator.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Nice.
  • On this measure, the Hems are 200 and the Haws are 212.  The Haws have it.
  • edited 2016-01-27 22:46:36
    TX-01: With Michele Bachmann gone from the House, we’re pretty much left with Louie Gohmert as the House Republican who’s most likely to say something that would be considered inflammatory if it weren’t so incoherent. And while he’s in a district in rural east Texas that’s so red as to insulate him against Democrats no matter what he says, he may now be facing someone who’s not just casting aspersions on his asparagus, but may actually be in a position to do some damage.

Rancher Simon Winston is running against Gohmert in the Republican primary, which, believe it or not, is just 34 days away ... and it turns out that Winston is capable of some significant self-funding: he just loaned his campaign $305,000. (H/t to reporter Greg Giroux, who’s better at unearthing these tidbits than anyone else.)

That leaves Gohmert with only $178,000 cash on hand, compared with $302,000 for Winston, and hardly any time for Gohmert to call around and raise more funds. Can’t Gohmert just pull out his own checkbook and make up the difference, though? No … as a prime example of the financial discipline that Republicans are known for, Gohmert has a net worth of negative $370,000. (Gohmert, of course, still has the advantage of name recognition that comes with incumbency, so Winston still has to be facing a steep uphill fight.)

Winston’s angle doesn’t seem to be running to Gohmert’s left (which wouldn’t work well in this district) or his right (not much room there), as simply from the less-crazy. He explains on his campaign website:

But like many of you, I’m frustrated that Congress has become such a circus, and that our representative Louie Gohmert is one of the main clowns…. I’m not going to promote myself while ignoring our district, nor will I embarrass the Republican Party or East Texas.  I’ll simply fight every day for the issues and values that are important to East Texas, and work hard to get things done.

source: http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1/27/1473812/-Daily-Kos-Elections-Live-Digest-1-27

• that's a good insult for the internet

"what you're saying would be very offensive if it weren't so incoherent"
    Dreck! Dreck dreck dreck!
  • It's SOUR CREAM.  Do you really expect me to WASTE SOUR CREAM?  It's FUCKING DELICIOUS.

It's CHEESE.  Do you really expect me to WASTE CHEESE?  It's FUCKING DELICIOUS.

It's SHRIMP IN LOBSTER SAUCE.  Do you really expect me to WASTE SHRIMP IN LOBSTER SAUCE?  It's FUCKING DELICIOUS.
  • the correct lyrics for that song:

i say what what, in the fuck
    you want to do what in my fuck, in my fuck
    let's do it in the fuck, O.K.!
    it's okay if you have a little fight
    do you want me
    i want, i, not have heart

thus it is concluded that the song is about hatesex with someone who is suicidal

source:

• enough. this song's evil
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "Limited government" or "small government" is not an inherently noble ideal

Stop acting like it is
  • what is an inherently noble ideal

i mean, besides "being a friend to cats"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    not much, really, if you think about it too hard
  • asbestos = as best as?
  • mucous emasculated mascara musk music-mixing
  • "Oh hey, you're Chinese?  Do you know Kung Fu?  And what does 'ching chong ching' mean?"

No, shut up, go away, and let me enjoy my burrito and halva.
  • throwing shit at people who throw shit at other people
  • the current time is 217:7
  • it's all about casting this pall of dark dreariness over everything

sure, the teenagers are all into the gratuitous sex and violence, but then after that, you just get jadedness, and increasingly looking into weirdo psychological bullshit, with edgy social power plays, dangerous sexual encounters, depressing gritty crap, and attempting to portray oneself as a high-class git by spending too much money on things that don't even provide a profound sense of pleasurable satisfaction
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    formaldehyde
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    complex epoxy polymers
  • Unused line from the safety portion of my directing today's lab sessions:

"The shower is over there.  It might be a bit messy -- heck, it WILL be messy.  But when you are on fire, being not messy is less important than being not on fire."
  • lee4hmz said:

complex epoxy polymers

polymer lab is like Disgusting Smells Lab

(i am not TAing polymer lab, FYI)
    Good point.
    my god

it's full of Stars
  • I should have put the top part of one more on the left. Oh well.
  • i am slightly amused that egret is accented on the first syllable but regret is accented on the second syllable
  • edited 2016-01-31 01:02:31
    You can't call something a deconstruction when you don't know what it deconstructs.

I don't know what it deconstructs.

Therefore, I don't need to deal with the question of whether something is a deconstruction.  When the question of whether a work is a deconstruction is posed to me, I can simply ignore it.

┌∩┐TAKE THAT┌∩┐
  • My dreams exceed my real life

You can't call something a deconstruction when you don't know what it deconstructs.

Therefore, I don't need to deal with the question of whether something is a deconstruction.  When the question of whether a work is a deconstruction is posed to me, I can simply ignore it.

┌∩┐TAKE THAT┌∩┐

Wrong
    'i don't know what Derrida was deconstructing, so i can't call his work deconstruction'

:p
  • You can't call something a deconstruction when you don't know what it deconstructs.

┌∩┐TAKE THAT┌∩┐

Wrong
    NO U
    U NO
    NOTHING JON SNOW
  • The Answer To Every Question Is "My Ass!" Party
  • The Answer To Every Question Is "My Ass!" Party

They have the shortest platform of any party.  It consists of two words.
  • You can't call something a deconstruction when you don't know what it deconstructs.

┌∩┐TAKE THAT┌∩┐

Wrong
    anyway...

Serious response: Why wrong?
    my joke was that like if you know anything at all about Derrida you know he wrote deconstructions, whether or not you know what he deconstructed.  i was being pedantic, obviously that's not the kind of situation you had in mind.

i don't really see anything wrong with your statement, other than finding the purposeful ignorance it implies sort of sad
  • edited 2016-01-31 06:27:43
    well specifically I'm talking about all those claims that various narrative media works are "deconstructions"
    Well, some of them are.
  • but what if i don't know what it is a deconstruction of?