"Move On"/"Let Go".

2»

Comments

• Becuase agoraphobia is jsut a simple way of describing it. I don't so much fear going out as I do absolutley hate and despise it. I've never foudn anything fulfiling out there.
  • The solution isn't to stop looking for something fulfilling, it's to look even harder. At the very least, it'll be much better than limiting yourself and your access to the world.
  • I liked my previous Conditions. I never ever ever EVER liked going out. It's boring, stressful, aggrivating, Sometiems even painful.
  • I would think staying in your house all the time would be just as boring, and as your seemingly persistent state of distress would indicate, it's also just as stressful and aggravating. While it is true that one can experience varying levels of pain and even injury while inside, the chances of such are usually relatively low, and the same could happen in the safety of one's home. Overall, it's better to go out and at least try to enjoy yourself than it is not to.
  • I am trying. I just don't want ot have to go out to do it.
  • That's not trying. Trying would be actually going out. If I'm right, nothing is stopping you but your own (mild) discomfort. I would say that's a small thing to deal with to potentially find a solution to your problems, or at least a fun distraction.
  • I've got all the fun distractions that I can handle again they only work for the duration of the activity. Not to mention that you can't fill a hole made my an olds hting iwth a new thing. I can't fill the TVT shaped hole with anything else. Everything else is Fundamentally different and therefore does not fit in to the hole.
  • Preposterous. You can "fill the holes" made by whatever you used to have, it just requires effort. I know I've said that a lot, but that's what it all comes down to. It also helps not to wallow in gloom and self-pity, but to be fair, that falls under the umbrella of "effort".

Again, TVT is just a website. I'm not really seeing what's so important about it. Besides, can't you still view the wiki pages?
  • google ban remember? but I had friends there that i'll never see again. I need to be active in the wiki's developement. besides i'd rahter spend that effort your talking about on getting back to TVT. No other taks right now seems more worthwhile to me.
  • So, if you have a google ban, you can't browse the wiki? I thought it was just the forums.

So tell me, why the attachment to a website?
  • It's how I operate. I have a sort of imporetance on the abstract concept of "home" TVT was my last shot at that concept since the first one basically vanished form the face of the itnernet. It also got me through high school.
  • How about taking your concept of "home" and trying to apply to something in the real world, i.e., not online?
  • not owrkable. the concept is tailored specifically for the way it has been used. besides I can't even find neither online "home" ever again. it's beyond my power. I have a finite number of uses of the concept and that number is out.
  • Two is a pretty small number.

How did you get banned?
  • Three actually. I don't know I woke up and I was banned. That is all I know for sure.
  • Oh really? You've already told me about one and alluded to another. Mind telling me about the others?

Come on, someone must have told you why you were banned afterward. No one at least hinted at it?
  • No one at all. No notice of such whatsoever. The other I do not like to speak of.. The first thing your going to need to understand though is that moving on is simply not an option for me in any case. No matter what.
  • To echo my first post in this thread, if you think it, you'll subconsciously do all you can to prove it true, hence, self-fulfilling prophecy. You can continue feeling sorry for yourself, or you can take action.
  • That's not entierly false.h I have absolutely no deisre to move on and will work against it however I can thus it is not an option. because I do not want to move on.
  • It is an option, as is stopping this cycle of self-harm you've put yourself in the middle of. Of course, there is a chance you enjoy (or think you enjoy) feeling like this. If this is the case, I shall cease pestering you at once.
  • No I DO NOT ENJOY IT. bUT i REFUSE TO MOVE ON. bECUASE IT SEEMS LIKE THE WORST OPTION POSSIBLE. i'D SOONER DIE THEN MOVE ON ACTUALLY.
  • What makes moving on seem so horrible?
  • Because it is a combination of horrible things. Forgetting things that meant a lot to you, having to deal with finding a replacement, abandoning that which means much to you. Forgettign who you are.
  • I can assure you that you most likely won't forget anything important, the effort put into finding a replacement is well worth it, you don't seem to have much (or anything) to abandon, and you definitely will not forget who you are.

You wouldn't happen to know where these fears are coming from, would you?
  • No clue whatsoever but thsd ebase point of finding a solution is that moving on is not a solution.
  • Do you mind if we take this conversation to PM? I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable partially filling this thread like this.
  • No not at all be my guest.
  • edited 2011-12-18 05:03:49
    (Uncalled for. - Anonus)