• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Imi: Pay close attention to the name of the airline.... :|
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Woooooow that's unfortunate.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Yes. That makes it double yikes.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I was wondering if anyone would notice that.
  • Ouch. That confirms my desire to never marry. I certainly don't want to be treated like that
    That's an old article. Marriage isn't necessarily like that.

Although I've never had any desire to marry either.
  • edited 2012-01-12 01:14:26
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Not much of an issue unless you plan on going back in time.

Ninja'd
  • The expectation would still be the same, only now, it can't be enforced.

Not saying that every marriage is like that, obviously. But I've seen way too many people (of either gender) in real life claim that to be a "good  woman" she has to be essentially this for her husband.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Not really because Pakistan had nothing to do with Sept 11.

If it had been a KSA airline though...
  • edited 2012-01-12 05:29:04
    I never want to get married either if truth be told I simply don't support the institution by any means and am irresolute as to why my tax money is subsidizing it.

Heh, apparently that Lysol add was before all the cleaning supplies.
  • edited 2012-01-14 05:03:43
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    They still use chloroxylenol (which is a relative of what's in classic Lysol's current formulation) in certain kinds of medicine for, well, orifices. I had an outer ear infection several years ago, and the treatment the doctor gave me was an eardrop solution with chloroxylenol and pramoxine in it.
  • edited 2012-01-14 05:07:14
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, if you dilute it enough, it actually won't burn you. That said...it's very much akin to killing a fly with a shotgun. I'm not sure if phenols are useful against yeasts, and if you have an STD, you should be on antibiotics, not the Lysol douche. 

Then again, it seems like people are convinced that female genitalia smell funny and that women should be worried about it. There even used to be something called FDS that was pretty much pussy deodorant. I'm not kidding.

NEWS FLASH: BALLS SMELL FUNNY TOO IF YOU DON'T WASH 'EM.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The use of Lysol was later discouraged by the medical community as it tended to eliminate the bacteria normal to the healthy vagina, thus allowing more robust, health-threatening bacteria to thrive, and may have masked more serious problems that certain odors indicated in the first place.
    I shouldn't find this amusing and yet I do.
    Vaginas are amusing, I guess. :D

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Oh, those silly vaginae.

Look at me! I'm contributing in a meaningful way!
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Girls girls girls

SEXISM!

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason the first thing I noticed is the father holding the battleship in his hand. I'm fairly sure that's not actually how this game is played.
    Oh my god, that's from like 1962 or something
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    The father looks kinda like Jack Nicholson...
  • edited 2012-01-19 23:04:56
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    They're actually spotting for the kid. They worked it out beforehand: the mom holding a dish means G, the sister holding the cloth means 4. That's actually how the game is supposed to be played, but no one let the dad in on it.
  • edited 2012-01-19 23:08:01

I suppose it couldn't hurt to remove the piece and display your opponents grizzly trophy...

Although, what's going on on the son's board doesn't seem to reflect what's going on with the dad's board or the son is just really shitty of keeping track of when he's hit something. Also notice the dad seems to have Battleship ADD in that he's scored several direct hits on the Son's ships, but has neglected to finish off any one of them.

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    That's not too bad of an idea.

Sometimes I like to find all of my opponent's ships before sinking them all in one final assault.
  • edited 2012-01-19 23:23:41

I considered that might be what he's attempting.

Maybe the dad is really overcompensating with the one piece the son has managed to destroy, knowing that he's going to massacre his son who can't even remember when he's already hit a ship.
  • ....The father is cheating by moving his ship around.
    See, that was my first thought too, but if that's the case he's doing a shitty job of trying to hide it.
  • When I was about 5, my dad would take me down to this coffee shop, and I'd get a mug of milk and a cookie the size of my head and we'd play Battleship.

I'd then try to get him to leave the table through any number of lame-brained excuses so I could move my ships around.
  • edited 2012-01-20 03:06:18
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i never played Battleship
    ^ I'd say that surprised me, but when I remember who you are, it really doesn't.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ^^You poor depraved soul you.

-weeps for Anonus-
  • edited 2012-01-20 04:37:30
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^...but why wouldn't it?

^You mean "deprived".

/nitpicky
    Well I remembered that you're an only child and you spend most of your time alone so I imagine you don't often have people to play board games with, that's all.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    No, I totes mean depraved, for such a terrible, lacking childhood could only be a sign of unusually large amounts of pure unadulterated depravity.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I spend most of my childhood playing with legos, reading, and talking to myself.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I spent my childhood being a Russian spy slash mercenary slash rock star because why the fuck not.

^^Spend?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  • There was some debade on what he was playing there, general consensus is that it's "Sweet Child Of Mine" by Guns 'n' Roses.

I played with these a lot, as a kid.

Still have em' in a few boxes, too.