text-only general wonderposting thread

Comments

• edited 2014-02-26 18:27:54
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Village Green Preservation Society
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    God save Donald Duck, Vaudeville and Variety
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was gonna post the song before I realized this is TEXT ONLEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honest John's Used Atari Cartridges (1980 - 1985)

Johnny's Nintendo Superstore (1985 - 1991)

Sega Genesis with Johnny (1991 - 1997)

PlayStation or Something, Also Johny (1997 - 2002)

Alicorn Systems Inc. (2002 - present)

[Note: Not canon]
    anything that starts with "Honest" is not gonna be
  • and so reality was unveiled

what did it want
    what did it think
    what did it do
    how did it get burned
    how
    how
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    And I want to walk a-round with you...
    round & poofy
  • so my cousin, when she was a toddler, called the Teletubbies "dub dub bee"
  • twfstefswfstwfstwfstwefstweftwefstwewefsdtwefsdtwefsd
  • Tpwotheli lsthwjfih woh owhapto ttoeoint aothe whti hhwn a a tibatn.

Twhoeithwote i iathwo o apwero aw 2 ghalek axcvwwoo.
  • oh gosh

some of them actually sound like real things someone might say
  • also now i have a bunch of people behind me so i can't look at the main thread anymore
  • Village Green Preservation Society

why did i first misread this as 'village green perversion society'
    because you don't know the Kinks
    Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
  • Tachyon said:

because you don't know the Kinks

i don't know jack schitt either
  • Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula

Mubarak, Gaddafi, and Assad

Mubarak, Gaddafi, and Assad

i rather think not
  • http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/fashion/the-monocle-returns-as-a-fashion-accessory.html

u know that thing where you cringe when someone embarasses themselves in public super, super bad?
  • for some reason i fail to have an opinion on that issue
  • that was in the wrong thread actually
  • for some reason, after playing guacamelee, i am finding myself oddly interested in mexican cultural features, the way that some anime/manga fans are interested in japanese cultural features.
  • edited 2014-03-07 00:17:28

that was in the wrong thread actually

lol

no worries

it just makes this thread more interesting

• ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':,.....,:''''''++++++++++++++++#####++++''+'::,,,,,,,:::::,,,,,,,,,,:,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+'';,.,'',..,;''+'''++'++++++++++++++###+++++'+'::,,,,,,,::::::,,,,,,,,:::,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':,,:'';,.,;''+'+++++'+++++++++++#####+++++'+'::,,,,,,,,::::::,,,:,,,,,::
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':,,:''':..;''''+++'+'+++++++++++#####++++++'';,,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+'''':,.,;'',.,;''''+'''''++++++++++++####+++++++';:,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,:,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,,;'';,.,;'++++''+++++++++'+++++#+##+++++++';:,,,,,,,,:::;:,,,,:,,,:,::
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';'''':,,:'+'++''++++''++++++++++++##+++++++';:,,,,,,:::::::,,,,::,,::::
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,.,;'+''+++++''+'+++'++++++#+##+++++++';:,,,,,,,:::::::,,,::,,:,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':..,''''+'''+++'''++++++++++#+###++++++';,,,,,,,::::::::,,,:,,,:,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,.,;'''''+++'+''+++++'++++++++###++++++';:,,:,,::::::::::,,,,,,,,:,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':,.,;'''+'''+++++++++++++++++++#++++++++++;,,:,,,:::::;::,,,:::,,,,:
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,..:''+++'+++++'++'++'+'++++++++#+++++++#+;,,,,,,:::::;:,,,,:,,,,,::
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+;,..,'''''''++++'''''+''+'++++++#++##++++##;,,,,,,:::::::::,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':,,:''+''''+++++++'''++'+'++++#####@++++##;:,:,,,,:::::::,,,,,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::::;'''''''''''',,,:'''''''+'+++++'+';::;'+++++#+##@+++++;:::,,,,,:,:::::,,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';::;;;;;;;'''''''''':,,:'''+''''+++++++'::::;''++++#+##@+++++;::,,,,,,,:::::::,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;''''''''':,,:''''''''++++''':::::;''++++++##@+++++;::,,,,,,,::;::::,,,::,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;'''''''':,,:''''++'+++'++'::::::;''++++####@#++'+;:,,,,,,,:::::::,,,:,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;'''''';:,,,''''''++++'''::::::;;''++++####@+++++'::,,,,,,,::;::,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;::;;;;;''''''::,,;'''''''+''':::::::;'''+++++###@#++++':,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,,,,::,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;:;::;;;'''+''::,,;'''''++''';::;:::;;''++++++###@#++++':::,,,,,:,:::::,,,,,,::,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;:::::;;;;;'''''::,,;''''+''''',::::::;;''++++#######++++'::,,,,,,,,::::,,,,,,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;:::::;;;;;''';::,,;''''''''':::::::::;''++++#+#####++'''::::,,,,,:::;::,,,,,,:,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;::::::;;;;;'';,;:,;'''''''';::::::::;;''+++++++####+''''::,,,,,,,::::::,,,::,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;::::::;;;;:;';:;:,;''''''';;:::::::;;;'++++++++#+++++''':,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,,,,:,:,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;::::,:;;;;;:;;:;::;'''''''';::::::;;;;'++++++#+#+++++'''::,,,,,,,:::::,,,,::,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;::::;;;;::::;;;:;;;;;;;;;;:::::;;;;''++++#+###++++'+':,,,,,,,,:::::::,,::,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;::::;;;;;;::;;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;::;;;;;;'+''++#+##+++++''':,,,,,,,,:::;::,,,:,,:,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''+'''''''''''';;;;;;;;;::::;;;';;;;;;;;;;;;::;:;;;;;;;::;;''+'++++####++++'+':,,,,,,,::::::,,,,:::::,,:
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;::,::;;;;;';'';;;;;;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'''+++++++##++++'+';:,,,,,,,,::;:,,,,:::::,,:
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;';:::;:::;;;;;'''+++++++##++++''':,,,,,,,,,::::::,,:,,,,,::
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:;;;;';;;::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;;;::::,:::::;;''+++++++##+++++'';,:,,,,,,,::;:,,,,::,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';::;;;;';::;;:::;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::;:,,,,,::::;''+++++++##++++++';,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,::,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:;;::;';::::::;;:;;;;;;;::;;;:,::,,...,,:::'++++++++##++++++';:,,,,,,,,::;::,,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:;:::;';::::::::;;::::::::;;;:,,:,.....,,::;'+++++++##++++++';:,,,,,,,,:::::,,,:,,,,:,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':;:::;;::,:::::;;;::::;;;::;':,,,,......,::;;'++++++##++++++';:,:,,,,,::::::,,,,,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;:::::::::::::;;::;;;;;;:::;:,,,.......,:;;;'++++++##+++++++;:,,:,,,,,::;:::,,,,,,:::,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;::::::;:::::;;;;;;;:;:;:::;:,,........,:;;;'++++++##+++++++;,,,,,,,,:::;;:,,,:,,,,,::
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;::;::;;;::;;;;;;;:::;:::::,,.........,;''';'++#####+++++'+;:,,,,,,,,:::::,,,:,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;:;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;:::;;''';:,,..````...:+#+''''+#+###++++'++;:,,,,,,,,::;::,,,:,,,,:,:
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::'+++#++;,....```...;#++++''++#####++++++;:,,,,,,,:::;::,,,::,,,:,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';';:;:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'++#@#++;,..``````..:##++++'+++####++++++;:,,,,,,,:::::::,,::,,,,:,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;';;'';.+@#';:,.`.......,'#+';;;'++####++++++;:,,,,,,,::::::,,,:,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::;;;;;;;;;;;'''':;''+@#+;;;:,....,...,:+++;::;+++###++++++':,,,,,,,:::::::,,::,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::;;;;;;;:;;''';;::;;'#@+;;:,:,.,,,,...,:'+::;;+++###++++++;:,,,,,,,::::::::,::,,,,::
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::;;;;;;;;;;'';;;::;;'++;:;,,:,::::,.....::,:;;++####++++++;:,,,,,,,:::::::,,,,,,,,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::;;;;;;;:;'';;;;;:;;;;;;:,...,;;;;:.......,:;;++#+##++++++':,,,,,,::::::::,,,,,,,::,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;::;;;;;;:;'';;;;;;;;;::,,.....:;;;:,,.....,,,:;'+####++++++':,,,,,,:,::::::,,,,,,:,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:::;;;;;::;';:;;''''';;,,,..`.,:;;;::,,,,,,,,,:;'++###++++++':,,,,,,,:::::::,,,,,:,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';:;;;;;;;'''::::;;;;;:::,.....,:;;;;;:,,,,,:;:::'+####++++++':,,,,,,,,::::::,,::::,,,:
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;'';::::::;:;::,,....,,:::::;:::::::;;;;'+####++++++':,:,,,,,,:::::,,,::::,,,:
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;''';:::::::;;;:::,....,,:,::,,:'+';;;;;;;'++###++++++':,,,,,,,,:::::,,,::,,,::,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;''';;::::::,::,::,.....,,,,,,,.,:::;';;;;;'''++#++++++':,,,,,,,,:::::,,,,,,,,,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';::;;;;;:;;;::::,:,,,,,,.....,,,...,,::,:';:;;:;'+++++++++++':,,,,,,,::::::,,,:,,::,,,
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''':::;;;;;:;;::::::::::,,,,.........,,,::::;,:;;:;'+++++++++++':,,,,,,::::::::,,:,,::,,,
    ''''''''''''''''''''+++''''''''''''''';,::;;;:::,,,::::::,,,,,,..........,,:::::::;;:;'''++++++++'':,,,,,,,,::::::,,:::::,,,
    '''''''''''''''++#+++++++''''''''''+++;,,::;:::,,,,:,,,,::::,,,...........,::::;:::::;+''+++++++++':,,,,,,,,:::::,,::::::,,,
    '''''''''''''++#+++#+###++'''''''++++'':,,::::::::,:,,,,,,,,,,........,,.,,,:;;;;::::;'++'+++'++++':,,,,,,,::::;:::,::,::,,,
    ''''''''''''+++'++++#####++''''++'+###+:,,,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.,...,,,,..,,::;;;;;;::;';;++++++++++':,,,,,,:::::;;::::::,,,,:
    ''+++++''''++';++++##@###'''''++######':,,,,,,,,...,,,,:,,,,,.....,,,,,,,:;;;;::;::;;'+''++#++++++':,:,,,,:::::::::,:::,,:::
    ++++++++''++;'##++##@@@#';'++''+#@@###',,...,,,..,,,,,,:::::,.,,.,,,,,,:;;:::::::::'';+#''+##+++++':,,,,,,,::::::,,,::,,,:::
    ++++++++''''++'+++##@@@#+'+#+''+#@###+;,,....,,,,,,,::::;:::,,,,,,,,:::::::::::::::''''++''+#+++++':,,,,,,,::::;::,,:,,:::::
    +++++++''''''+#+++#@@@@#++++#+'+#+###+:,.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,::,::,,:::::::::::::::;'++''+#''++++++':,,,,,,,:::::::,,,,,::,,,
    ++++++'''+'+##++'#@@@@#++++++++####++',..,,,.....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,:::,::::::;::::;'+++'+##+'+++++'::,,,,,:::::::::,,,::,,,,
    ''+++'++''+##++'+#@@@@###+#+###@@####',...,,.............,,,,,,,,::::::::::::;;::;'+++++'+##''++++':,,,,,,:,:::::::,,::,,:::
    '''''++''++#++''+#@@@@@@@#####@@####+;...,,,,,..............,,,,,,:::::::::;;;:::;'++++++++##'++++':,,,:,,,,:::;;:,,::,,,:::
    '''+++++++++++'+@@@@@@@@@@@####++###+:....,,.,,,,,.......,..,,,.,:::::::::;;;:::;''++++#+++##+++++'::,,,,,,::::;;:,,::,,::::
    ''++++++++++'+#@@@@##@@@@@@#@@#++#++',....,.,,,,,,,,.,,..,,,,,,,::::;;::::;;::::;''+++++#+++#+++++'::,,,,,,,:::::::,::,,,,,:
    '+++++++++''++##@@@@@#@@#####@#####+',......,,,,,,,.,,,,,.,,,,,:,::;;;;;;;;;;:::;;'+++++++#+#+#+++':::,,,,::::::::,,::,,,:,,
    +++++++#';++++###@@########@#######+',.........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,::;;;;;;;;;;;;::;;;;++++####+++++++':::,::,,::::;;:,,::,,,,,,
    ++++++++++++'+###########@@@###@###+',..,,..,,,,.,,,,,:,,,,::,::;;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;;;'+++######+++++'::,,,,,,,:::;::,,::,,,:,:
    +++#+++#+''''+#############@###@#+#+',..........,,,,,:::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;:;;;;;:;+++######++#++':,,,,,,,,:::;::,,::,,::::
    ++##++++''''''+######+########@@#+++',........,,.,,,,,,::;::,::::;:::::;;;;;;;;;;;:;;+#######+++++;::::,,,,,:::::::,:,,,:,,,
    +###+##+++'''''+##############@#++++',....,,,,,,,,,,,,,:::::,:::::::::::;+#''';;;;::;++######+++++;::::,,,,:::::;::,:::,,,,:
    ++##++##+';'+''+###@#######@##@#+###+;,.,,,,...,,,,,,,,,,:,,,:,:,:::;;;+###'';;;;;::;'+#######++++;::::,,,,:::::;::,:::,,,,:
    +++#+##+'';''+'++#####@@@@@@########+;,.....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,:::''##@@+';;;;;;:::'++######++++;:::,,,,,,:::;;::,:,,,,,,:
    '++++##+#+;;+'''+##@@@@@@@#@###++#+##+:.,,..,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,::::;;+##@##';;;;;;::::;+#######++++;:::,,:,,:::::;;:,,,,,,,,:
    '+#++#####+';;''+##@@@@@#######++#+##',.......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:;;'+###@#';::::::::::;+#######++++;::,,::,::::::;;:,,,,,,,,,

lol cat
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh hai Reginald.

I am a tufted deer now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    HRH Prince Anonus Airport Expressway
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And I got her, nigkuh #grocerybag
  • edited 2014-03-08 05:06:56
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    LEFT LANE
    UNICORNS ONLY
    7 AM - 9 AM
    MON - FRI
    Must Be D-Cup Or Bigger To Use Left Lane
    That's discriminatory

I'll see you in court
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Must have hat to use right lane.
  • are unicorns like a common animal in centralia or are they a notable status symbol?
  • you know what sucks?

the scan line corrector fucking up
  • edited 2014-03-08 18:14:07
    example: https://directory.eoportal.org/documents/163813/503113/LS7_Auto7

on the left: landsat 7 working correctly, showing a picture of san francisco bay

on the right: landsat 7 trying to take a photo but with a fucked scan line corrector, resulting in a giant backgammon board overlain on san francisco bay

are unicorns like a common animal in centralia or are they a notable status symbol?

I always figured it was the latter
  • seriously

how has apparently NO ONE yet compared the way landsat 7's improperly-working scan-line corrector fucks up images with a backgammon board

that's EXACTLY WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

(well the triangles are sharper

but seriously

it's like, the image now has black triangles cut out of both sides of it

but it's just fine in the middle

That's discriminatory

I'll see you in court
    it's my road I can do whatever I want
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
  • so if when you read a newspaper you mark off with red the bits you've read

then when you're done

it will be disgustingly read red COMMUNISTIC REPUBLICAN all over
  • CONSTIPATED COMMUNIST CONSTITUTION
    sounds like a freerf

saus saus saus saus lel
    so we can't say enough about the valnular granues of carbonated carbon
  • edited 2014-03-11 01:09:12
    [read this with a silly swing rhythm]

car bona tedcar bon, car...
    ...bona tedcar bon.

car bona tedcar bon, car...
    ...bona tedcar bon.
  • i should add nobby nuss to the list of games i've played, on backloggery

i know it's a little flash game but i have played it extensively
  • so in eXceed 2nd

there is a character named Sense Abel

this MAY be an intended pun on the word "sensible"

but i can't tell since eXceed 2nd is a japanese indie game and i have no way of knowing whether the creator actually had this in mind, or just cobbled together some engrish
  • Honest John's Used Atari Cartridges (1980 - 1985)

Johnny's Nintendo Superstore (1985 - 1991)

Sega Genesis with Johnny (1991 - 1997)

PlayStation or Something, Also Johny (1997 - 2002)

Alicorn Systems Inc. (2002 - present)

[Note: Not canon]
    did johny buy out johnny in 1997?